Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4620 upvotes
GTA
VanMailMan wrote: It's not a fight worth having. We still get the same amount of paid days off. How many other jobs give you Good Friday and Easter Monday? None I've ever had.
Only ones I can think of, and I could be wrong, are banks and provincial government.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 7, 2012
542 posts
387 upvotes
mikebc wrote: The logistiks site specifically has a tooltip under the satchel saying that you don't need a vest if you're wearing it. I'd take a 24 for a free paid vacation because you're winning that grievance all day until they change that site and give notice in writing.

I've had them pull the same shit in the past. They back down quickly once you point out that they're just making up rules.
Theoretically one should win. I've filed a few "paid vacation grievances" according to the union, and guess who never got paid. Or they take 5 years and I can no longer remember anything when they call asking for details. So I don't bank on winning even the no-brainer ones. I find most of the time it's easier just to let them thing they're winning. It's amazing their inability to hear sarcasm. "Oh thank you so much for bringing me a vest! I've been standing here at this crosswalk with a school flagger, wondering how I could safely maneuver to the other side without it."
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
Does anyone know whether Canada Post employees making below $25/hour qualify for the Alberta $1200 frontline worker cash bonus?
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
Thrasher wrote: Does anyone know whether Canada Post employees making below $25/hour qualify for the Alberta $1200 frontline worker cash bonus?
You will qualify
truck transportation workers, such as truck drivers and delivery and courier services drivers
And most likely plant workers too
Warehouse and storage workers, such as shippers and receivers
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3205 posts
2497 upvotes
at the chiropractors
Thrasher wrote: Does anyone know whether Canada Post employees making below $25/hour qualify for the Alberta $1200 frontline worker cash bonus?
I believe that the company has to apply for its workers. Good luck.
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2006
3173 posts
1475 upvotes
I don't qualify since I'm above the threshold. But I wonder if the temps and people with low seniority have to push the management for them to apply. I can't even imagine the hurdles they would have to go through.
Sep 19, 2004
745 posts
402 upvotes
Toronto
Thrasher wrote: I don't qualify since I'm above the threshold. But I wonder if the temps and people with low seniority have to push the management for them to apply. I can't even imagine the hurdles they would have to go through.
Then time to get the union involved
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3210 posts
3153 upvotes
Who can I contact and Canada Post about getting a dataset of all SLBs in Canada? According to a presentation I found online, there should be around 32 thousand items across Canada in that dataset. There is a public request for this data outstanding since 2017. I would like to figure out a way to escalate this ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3205 posts
2497 upvotes
at the chiropractors
sunvv wrote: Then time to get the union involved
The union is probably against getting the payout. Ya know, because it isn't fair to everyone. Union was also against us getting bonuses from the company a few years back. I can't even make this up.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3205 posts
2497 upvotes
at the chiropractors
RiftOfChaos wrote: Our paystub late again?
It's also up for me. 40 hours at old rate. 40 hours with the raise.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
timetotellthetruth wrote: The union is probably against getting the payout. Ya know, because it isn't fair to everyone. Union was also against us getting bonuses from the company a few years back. I can't even make this up.
Lol, kind of like the removal of sick time. The company was going to pay it out, but union thought it was unfair to the people who had zero. So every one then got a few hundred dollars.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4620 upvotes
GTA
airmail wrote: Lol, kind of like the removal of sick time. The company was going to pay it out, but union thought it was unfair to the people who had zero. So every one then got a few hundred dollars.
That's fooked.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 20, 2018
135 posts
117 upvotes
Does anyone know if we still have a huge backlog of parcels due to the covid shutdowns?

Reason I ask is that my parcels are way down, we’ve mostly lost Amazon (to Intelcom) but even with that I’m low.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3205 posts
2497 upvotes
at the chiropractors
RSMC1234 wrote: Does anyone know if we still have a huge backlog of parcels due to the covid shutdowns?

Reason I ask is that my parcels are way down, we’ve mostly lost Amazon (to Intelcom) but even with that I’m low.

Thanks.
I think I read somewhere that the main gateway plant went back to 3 full shifts on Feb 7. That being said, I believe that we have had a "back log" since covid started, so I would imagine that we still do. I was low last week, but I got slammed today!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2011
5776 posts
3926 upvotes
Toronto and London
airmail wrote: You will qualify
truck transportation workers, such as truck drivers and delivery and courier services drivers
And most likely plant workers too
Warehouse and storage workers, such as shippers and receivers
We are considered frontline? Thought we were essential.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
T4 slips showed up in my CRA account today. If anyone’s interested in their T4 for 2020 you can log in to your CRA account. Pretty sure I’m gonna get nicked this year due to those additional payments! They usually don’t take enough tax off. It will be shitty if I have to pay. I’ve never had to pay in all my life. And that’s half a century.

Cheers and good luck.
Banned
Jun 17, 2009
1765 posts
181 upvotes
onatrio
not at my depot...for the most part since the pandemic started we have been working every sunday, just parcels,,,weird last two sundays they did not have us in..even though we got slammed on Monday..fellow carrier last Monday had over 300 scannnables and they did not have us in...yesterday he had over 250 scannables,,,crazy...myself having a business walk over 100...for us I don't see amazon slowing down....
RSMC1234 wrote: Does anyone know if we still have a huge backlog of parcels due to the covid shutdowns?

Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)