Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
tarjet wrote: Do you think waving the flag with anti fascists damages your image?
You think antifa is anti fascist Thinking Face
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
I think it doesn't help, honestly. Was Jerry Dias put there repping the auto unions?
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
RuralMailGuy wrote: I guess one could make that argument, but there is a lot of stuff cupw expends energy on that isn't directly related to our working conditions..Cuba delegations, middle east, etc.
I am not big on the union sending delegates around the world......but I do understand the thinking behind it. Fighting for workers rights across the globe indeed doesn't DIRECTLY impact our working conditions, but in the grand scheme of things, the more pro union that you can make the world, the more support you will have for workers rights everywhere...
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2014
3206 posts
2498 upvotes
at the chiropractors
hyperactiveme wrote: You think antifa is anti fascist Thinking Face
I think more than anything, "Antifa" is a mostly made up idea that right wing lunatics use to blame for their own fear, misdeeds and violence..... eg. the US insurrection. But what do I know. I don't even use facebook.
Sometimes the truth hurts. The other times it hurts worse....
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1497 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
timetotellthetruth wrote: And this is exactly why there are a lot of false negatives. I am not going to tell you how to do it so google recommendations for rapid testing for omicron and make your own informed decisions.
Worked for me. Tested positive 8 days in a row. And how would you know if you're getting false negatives?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2008
5027 posts
1789 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
jonny_fishead wrote: .Tested positive 8 days in a row.
I was specially told not to retest because it would come back positive however infectious is only up to 10 days from first symptoms.

We're you told different and that's why you're still testing?
Jan 13, 2013
940 posts
691 upvotes
Vancouver
Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the depot locations in Vancouver proper?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2010
2048 posts
1661 upvotes
biggerthanfun wrote: Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the depot locations in Vancouver proper?
Go onto the local cupw website
“There are the people who don’t know, and the people who don’t know that they don’t know”- Treva84
Jan 13, 2013
940 posts
691 upvotes
Vancouver
nousername wrote: Go onto the local cupw website
First place I checked. They only show which depots have shop stewards, and not the locations.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2015
3307 posts
3849 upvotes
Staffers usually have a call list to give to terms, I'd start there. What areas are you looking at?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Somewhere in the customer tools etc has a list :) I just can’t remember how to navigate there as the site is a cluster F. No wonder customers complain so much . It’s definitely not made by a web developer.
Jan 13, 2013
940 posts
691 upvotes
Vancouver
mikebc wrote: Staffers usually have a call list to give to terms, I'd start there. What areas are you looking at?
I'm probably moving to either the West End, Yaletown , or False Creek areas. I may go to Capilano because I know people there but I want to look at all the factors ie. types of routes, commute/parking, start times, seniority, OT availablity, if they separate OR/VR etc. Depot locations would be my first step before investigating.
Jan 13, 2013
940 posts
691 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: Somewhere in the customer tools etc has a list :) I just can’t remember how to navigate there as the site is a cluster F. No wonder customers complain so much . It’s definitely not made by a web developer.
I'm not sure if it's what you were referring to , but you reminded me of the NM precision targeter site. It has what I'm looking for.
You'd think we'd have access to header boards across the country but this is the workaround to get an idea of the routes in each depot.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes precision targeter should work although I am not sure it gives addresses of the depot?
Jan 13, 2013
940 posts
691 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote: Yes precision targeter should work although I am not sure it gives addresses of the depot?
It does. You just have to click on the notepad icon and it's at the top of the summary. It's been a long time since I paid attention to Vancouver. There used to be more depots but I guess a lot of them merged. It's basically just 1&2, F, G, and South Van now.

I assume all of Van is PT by now, right?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14641 posts
3365 upvotes
Vancouver
biggerthanfun wrote: It does. You just have to click on the notepad icon and it's at the top of the summary. It's been a long time since I paid attention to Vancouver. There used to be more depots but I guess a lot of them merged. It's basically just 1&2, F, G, and South Van now.

G is old school. My old station :)
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1497 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
hyperactiveme wrote: I was specially told not to retest because it would come back positive however infectious is only up to 10 days from first symptoms.

We're you told different and that's why you're still testing?
I have lots of tests so was experimenting. Including trying different types. Day one was super faint, almost imperceptible. Then they got brighter. And day 8 was very faint. I didn't start testing positive until a week after symptoms started, and only after I started feeling better, and symptoms came on a week after what my likely exposure was. Took almost 3 weeks from exposure to negative test.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
13462 posts
4622 upvotes
GTA
jonny_fishead wrote: I have lots of tests so was experimenting. Including trying different types. Day one was super faint, almost imperceptible. Then they got brighter. And day 8 was very faint. I didn't start testing positive until a week after symptoms started, and only after I started feeling better, and symptoms came on a week after what my likely exposure was. Took almost 3 weeks from exposure to negative test.
Were you on paid quarantine leave the whole 3 weeks?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 6, 2017
653 posts
699 upvotes
Trying to get outsid…
biggerthanfun wrote: It does. You just have to click on the notepad icon and it's at the top of the summary. It's been a long time since I paid attention to Vancouver. There used to be more depots but I guess a lot of them merged. It's basically just 1&2, F, G, and South Van now.

trellaine201 wrote: G is old school. My old station :)
There are still some footwalks in LCD1. Good luck getting one tho!
Cap has the hardest routes of the bunch and if you don't live on the right side of the bridge have fun on that commute! Parking can be a pain but not the worst.
South Van has some nice routes and I remember being able to park right in the lot at the depot!
LCD 1/2 have decent routes, some good supervisors and some excellent breweries in the neighborhood.