Careers

[Merged] Ask Me About Working For Canada Post

May 9, 2012
175 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
how was for everyone today? Busy or do you find it is starting to slow down.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16019 posts
677 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
mailman655 wrote: how was for everyone today? Busy or do you find it is starting to slow down.
Typical non holiday Monday volume. But the amount of forcebacks are too damn high! Also, that windchill and icy sidewalks/steps etc.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12280 posts
3547 upvotes
GTA
AzN_RiverdaleCI wrote: Typical non holiday Monday volume. But the amount of forcebacks are too damn high! Also, that windchill and icy sidewalks/steps etc.
First time I've ever brought mail back. Took me an hour and a half to get to work in the morning, so actually started at the correct start time, stopped walking at 6:10pm, decided it was too much, couldn't see the ice.
Jul 14, 2013
137 posts
46 upvotes
ahnaatjai wrote: damn those wind tunnelled streets!! DAMN THEM!!!
I hear ya!!! My only saving grace was a few apartments and office buildings to get a break from the cold...
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12280 posts
3547 upvotes
GTA
fishingaddict17 wrote: I hear ya!!! My only saving grace was a few apartments and office buildings to get a break from the cold...
Lucky. My only break from the cold was the transit and it wasn't warm. I stayed warm though but tried not to sweat as that would have been terrible if any moisture got cold.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16019 posts
677 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Hugh Jass wrote: Lucky. My only break from the cold was the transit and it wasn't warm.
Same here, the transit at max heat setting was not sufficient enough imo. At one point I swear I could not feel my pinky for like 5 mins. The gloves do nothing! meh.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Jan 5, 2014
274 posts
295 upvotes
Addresses are hard..…
ahnaatjai wrote: damn those wind tunnelled streets!! DAMN THEM!!!
For me out west it was very heavy rain all day. I hope my customers enjoyed their liquid mail. Absolutely soaked! Good times.
Aug 26, 2013
35 posts
6 upvotes
HAMILTON
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01 ... _mail.html

My outlook on the staffing partially will be due to the fact the lower portion of any city's casual list will not stick around only to be used after long weekends and xmas, so when the corp needs them, they have found other employment and dont answer their phone!
Aug 26, 2013
35 posts
6 upvotes
HAMILTON
melell75 wrote: http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/01 ... _mail.html

My outlook on the staffing partially will be due to the fact the lower portion of any city's casual list will not stick around only to be used after long weekends and xmas, so when the corp needs them, they have found other employment and dont answer their phone!
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/canada-post-s ... -1.1629575
May 9, 2012
175 posts
16 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
They need to have a better system instead of a temp list they should have a few temps for each station to cover. Dumb set up. This would create less problems.
Oct 10, 2011
396 posts
69 upvotes
WINNIPEG
airmail wrote: Thats nothing new...it has been going on for the past few years under the modern post. But they usually alternate the walks that dont go out.
I am at home sick/exhausted today because of deliverying 2-3 days of mail everyday this week...........then got written up because i could not do more then 8hrs in the dark and -30c yesterday and brought back a park and loop.
Dec 2, 2006
245 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys know if there is a holiday backlog at the Mississauga Sorting Facility? My package was sent out on Nov 26, 2013 and I have yet to receive it? 45 days and counting.
I am not sure what is taking so long, could it be lost? or perhaps my mail man left it in-front of my house and someone stole it, while I am still anxiously waiting for it? :(
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12280 posts
3547 upvotes
GTA
Shamanking wrote: Do you guys know if there is a holiday backlog at the Mississauga Sorting Facility? My package was sent out on Nov 26, 2013 and I have yet to receive it? 45 days and counting.
I am not sure what is taking so long, could it be lost? or perhaps my mail man left it in-front of my house and someone stole it, while I am still anxiously waiting for it? :(
Any holiday backlog ( if there was one) would've been cleared by now.

Could it stuck in customs? Do you have tracking on it?
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12280 posts
3547 upvotes
GTA
fredsub12 wrote: ..........then got written up because i could not do more then 8hrs in the dark and -30c yesterday and brought back a park and loop.
a-holes. Love to see them do it for 15 minutes.
Jun 8, 2010
341 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
I got my termination notice today for not having worked in a year. I am working currently so that is the reason why I did not take shifts. The first 3 years I had barely any work at Gateway. Only midnight shifts here and there. I don't know how they expect to retain temps with this process. I have a family and a mortgage. I feel so used! What can you do though.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
12280 posts
3547 upvotes
GTA
leolo wrote: I got my termination notice today for not having worked in a year. I am working currently so that is the reason why I did not take shifts. The first 3 years I had barely any work at Gateway. Only midnight shifts here and there. I don't know how they expect to retain temps with this process. I have a family and a mortgage. I feel so used! What can you do though.
The only people I've seen that seem to suit the call-once-in-a-blue-moon are young people that still live at home and don't suffer too much financially if they don't get called. It's very hard for everyone else.
Nov 10, 2011
648 posts
140 upvotes
VANCOUVER
leolo wrote: I got my termination notice today for not having worked in a year. I am working currently so that is the reason why I did not take shifts. The first 3 years I had barely any work at Gateway. Only midnight shifts here and there. I don't know how they expect to retain temps with this process. I have a family and a mortgage. I feel so used! What can you do though.
You lose nothing by getting the union involved....I would do that before I call it a day.
Sep 30, 2010
540 posts
132 upvotes
fredsub12 wrote: I am at home sick/exhausted today because of deliverying 2-3 days of mail everyday this week...........then got written up because i could not do more then 8hrs in the dark and -30c yesterday and brought back a park and loop.
you did your 8 hr assigned shift in physically dangerous conditions- definitely file a grievance, that writ should be a commendation without a doubt. want to make it really nasty ? get the media involved, workers have rights, and a right to be respected is one of them, dont take that lying down quietly. get that writ retracted and an apology given. wow- I feel for you, that one has really gotten under my skin

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

dieselboy27