Automotive

[Merged] Ask me anything about insurance!!

Jan 24, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
I understand its hard to guess due to lack of information. If I did have an accident waiver on the year of the fender bender. the company offerred an Accident forgiveness the next year if I one is used already? Best move at the moment is to get Autoplus report. I understand the insurance determine who is at fault. Would an Autoplus determine if the other person reported to collision cente and determine who is at fault? Are you private broker or you work for a company? Would my broker discuss the Autoplus with me since am the only one on the current and previous policy?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8809 posts
1414 upvotes
Ontario
when you use your accident waiver protection for an at fault accident, it will still show on the policy and may show "being used" or activated. If you were to have a second at fault accident, it would not show on the next renewal.
usually an autoplus report will show both parties and their degree of fault... however, if the other party did not report it, then the likely hood their information will not show.

Yes, I've been an Independent Broker since early 1980's. The broker cannot provide you their copy of the autoplus report due to privacy laws; however, they can 100% tell you what is on it or you can obtain one on your own at https://iis.cgi.com/rapidweb/HelpFiles/ ... y_2015.pdf

BlueEagle88 wrote: I understand its hard to guess due to lack of information. If I did have an accident waiver on the year of the fender bender. the company offerred an Accident forgiveness the next year if I one is used already? Best move at the moment is to get Autoplus report. I understand the insurance determine who is at fault. Would an Autoplus determine if the other person reported to collision cente and determine who is at fault? Are you private broker or you work for a company? Would my broker discuss the Autoplus with me since am the only one on the current and previous policy?
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Jan 24, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
Thank you for taking the time answering to my queries. I smiled when someone in this forum asking for suggestion for a good broker and someone answered look up under you comment. lol!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8809 posts
1414 upvotes
Ontario
Glad I can help where I can!!
BlueEagle88 wrote: Thank you for taking the time answering to my queries. I smiled when someone in this forum asking for suggestion for a good broker and someone answered look up under you comment. lol!
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience