Automotive

[Merged] Ask me anything about TORONTO Parking Tickets

Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 26, 2009
1829 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Drew_W wrote: You know, sometimes I value what you have to add to this site...and sometimes I think you're a complete a-hole. There's something called compassion and empathy...and if not that, then just a proper way of speaking to people without your supremely condescending attitude. If you're here to provide advice, then provide it, but check your snarky holier than thou attitude at the door.

One thing I have learned in my job is that people who are being accused with any offence will almost never tell the truth when they relate "their side of the story". They tell just enough of it to make themselves look like the victim and the other party look like a monster. I'm sure that you have experienced that exact situation. We all have at one time or another. The OP may have been as polite as she claims and the PEO may have been as rude as she claims, but I doubt it. When I am conducting patrols most of the time when I tell people to move their vehicle, pay for parking or whatever they happily do so immediately and I carry on without issuing a ticket. However when they don't comply it is never with a kind word and a smile on their face. It is usually a "**** off" and a sneer because they think they have some special exemption because of who they are or what they are doing. I'm sure that if the PEO was here to tell his side the OP wouldn't come off as the polite person she claimed to be and her kids were probably not crying like she said either. The absolute unbiased truth is probably somewhere in the middle. In any case the OP is not disputing the fact that she was given the opportunity to pay for parking when asked and she did not do so, instead offering up an excuse that may or may not have been true. The PEO performed his duties as he was expected to and I would, and actually have done the exact same thing he did. She has nobody to blame for her situation but herself. He didn't tag her while she was going to pay, she only agreed to pay AFTER she initially refused and he started to give the ticket. Why is the PEO the ******* in the equation when he tried to let her off the hook but instead she declined to take advantage his generosity? All the other details about the crying kid, not being able to see the PEO's eyes because he was wearing sunglasses or was talking on the cell phone is all just a distraction designed to illicit sympathy when in reality those are trivialities unrelated to the fact that she was parked illegally. I pose the same question to you that I did to the OP earlier: What makes her so special that she gets to park for free when everybody else has to pay?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1805 upvotes
Fox1971 wrote: Because "they" have no idea what a real Nazi was and if they did, they should be ashamed of making that analogy. A PEO is simply a law enforcement officer. A Nazi is a member of a German political party that instituted an official policy of anti-Semitism and attempted the genocide of just about anybody they decided didn't fit their definition of a proper Aryan. Millions of people, mostly Jews, died at the hands of the Nazis in their quest for world domination and racial purity. That is just a little more than rude and it is offensive of you to trivialize that for the sake of your extremely unfunny comments.

so why they call you like that if you do not exterminate people? :-0
maybe it's not because what you do but how?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 26, 2009
1829 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
vero95 wrote: your graphic repartees contradict with the immaturity of your written statements
stick with pictures ;)

So you are conceding that I'm correct in my assessment that almost everything you say is stupid?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1805 upvotes
Fox1971 wrote: So you are conceding that I'm correct in my assessment that almost everything you say is stupid?

where is the picture?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 26, 2009
1829 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
vero95 wrote: where is the picture?

I guess you are. By the way I'm still waiting for my apology.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
7896 posts
1569 upvotes
vero95 wrote: here is the definition of prohibited parking from Highway Traffic Act:

so the fact that you did not leave the car did not mean that you did not park
re rudeness, why do you think they call them parking nazis?

Interesting ...

I thought parking was parking without anyone in the car.
I guess I got lucky a few tunes that I never got a ticket while sleeping in the car.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
2160 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Fox1971 wrote: What is the exact address where you were ticketed? Did you take pictures? I'm sure you did so please post them. How much do you want to bet I can prove that you were wrong and the PEO was correct to ticket you?

Bloor St. E. and Ted Rogers way (Jarvis)

I only took a picture of the parking sign but not my car.

What I don't understand is the infraction code: "Code No. 5 - Park signed highway during prohibited (Times/Days)". The ticket is time stamped at 9:06 PM. , meaning that I can legally park there according to the parking sign.

Without any picture evidences of the scene, is this even worth fighting for?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 25, 2004
5655 posts
149 upvotes
New Westminster
zero_2003 wrote: Bloor St. E. and Ted Rogers way (Jarvis)

I only took a picture of the parking sign but not my car.

What I don't understand is the infraction code: "Code No. 5 - Park signed highway during prohibited (Times/Days)". The ticket is time stamped at 9:06 PM. , meaning that I can legally park there according to the parking sign.

Without any picture evidences of the scene, is this even worth fighting for?

Interesting so I just decided to look via google maps.

If you are parked on Ted Rogers Way (on the Subway store side) then there is a "no stopping + no parking" signs right "beside/behind" the "Pay Parking enforced sign". The no parking sign doesn't appears to have a time stamp so that could mean that there is no parking outside the posted pay parking times.

There is a timestamp on the "no parking" sign on rogers side of the street but I can't make it out on google maps.

I don't see any parking on Bloor street at all.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
2160 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
CheapScotsman wrote: Interesting so I just decided to look via google maps.

If you are parked on Ted Rogers Way (on the Subway store side) then there is a "no stopping + no parking" signs right "beside/behind" the "Pay Parking enforced sign". The no parking sign doesn't appears to have a time stamp so that could mean that there is no parking outside the posted pay parking times.

There is a timestamp on the "no parking" sign on rogers side of the street but I can't make it out on google maps.

I don't see any parking on Bloor street at all.

Let me confirm what it says on the ticket for the infraction location:

W/S Ted Rogers Way
S/O Bloor St. E.

There's the parking sign:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 07,,1,1.33

Picture of the parking sign (I parked after the sign):
[IMG]http://www.saikit.ca/temp/parking.png[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 25, 2004
5655 posts
149 upvotes
New Westminster
zero_2003 wrote: Let me confirm what it says on the ticket for the infraction location:

W/S Ted Rogers Way
S/O Bloor St. E.

There's the parking sign:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 07,,1,1.33
The google map location you gave take me to right in front of a subway.

The sign at that location (via google maps) doesn't match the picture you posted (and neither does the pole style).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
2160 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
Google map is outdated. Thats is where I parked.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1805 upvotes
zero_2003 wrote: I got a parking ticket yesterday for $40.

Under the section about my infraction, it says "Code No. 5 - Park signed highway during prohibited (Times/Days)"

The ticket was issued at 9:06 PM.

I parked my car on the street at 9PM and returned at 11PM.

The parking sign clearly allow me to park after 9PM. It says "Pay parking enforced: Mon - Fri 9:30 AM to 9:00PM"

1) Why did I get this ticket?
2) Should I bother fighting it?

the ticket was issued at 9:06 and you say you parked at 9:00. what if you really parked at 8:59?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
2160 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
vero95 wrote: the ticket was issued at 9:06 and you say you parked at 9:00. what if you really parked at 8:59?

The ticket was issued at 9:06PM. It doesn't make any sense that I got a ticket. I actually waited until 9:00PM before leaving my car.

If the ticket was issued at 8:59PM, then I'd understand why I got the ticket.

Stop trolling.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 21, 2009
12732 posts
1805 upvotes
zero_2003 wrote: The ticket was issued at 9:06PM. It doesn't make any sense that I got a ticket. I actually waited until 9:00PM before leaving my car.

If the ticket was issued at 8:59PM, then I'd understand why I got the ticket.

could you please explain what you mean?

fixed your post
did you park your car before 9 and waited till 9 to leave the car?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
2160 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
^I think this is irrelevant due to the fact that the ticket is issue at 9:06 PM and the infraction code states "Code No. 5 - Park signed highway during prohibited (Times/Days)".

No additional information was given on the ticket.

Honestly, I am certain that I was there at 9 PM. Why are you probing me on this fact so aggressively? I can tell you whatever I want, but the only thing that matters is the time on the ticket.

Unless you are saying that the "issue time" on the ticket is irrelevant? I personally think this matter the most because it states when the infraction was committed.

Top