Amazon.com

BB - Canon Wireless AIO Mono Laser Printer with Fax, Duplex MF4880DW $99.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2013 2:49 pm
[OP]
Jan 29, 2010
27 posts
12 upvotes

[Amazon.com] BB - Canon Wireless AIO Mono Laser Printer with Fax, Duplex MF4880DW $99.99

2012 12 30: Price further reduced to $99! Thanks dvd5!

Hows this for a wireless AIO mono laser printer? I haven't seen any other wireless AIO (with fax and duplex) that also has an affordable (non-branded) cartridge. Heard issues about Samsung AIO requiring expensive cartridges or messy toner refills.

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prod ... u=10220115

Specs
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/ ... ifications

Supplies Reqd: Canon Cartridge 128 Black

Good reviews, List price on amazon $495! :-)
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-imageCLASS- ... B008YD1V4Y

I bought one.
29 replies
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I would say this is a good price, for AIO printer with wireless printing and FAX
Nov 23, 2012
17 posts
3 upvotes
Oakville
How is the cartridge supply for this printer?
Nov 29, 2006
73 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one.
Sep 4, 2007
606 posts
78 upvotes
Orange Key holder in…
Oh... it is 99.99 now.

Can't bear to order a samxxxx...

Ordered this Canon.

Thanks OP.
Feb 12, 2006
29 posts
5 upvotes
The flyer for boxing week (YVR) misprinted the price on this as $120. It's actually $100 in the system (same as the online price).
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2011
1860 posts
370 upvotes
Vancouver
Samsung SCX-4279FW is almost identical, also for $99.99.

Don't bother refilling it yourself, just get a replacement cartridge: Ebay for $30 + free expedited shipping. It's condition NEW, so not refurbished/refilled.

Another user mentioned in another thread comparing the SCX-4729FW and MF4880DW, "The Samsung has 2x the print/scan resolution that the Canon does, and it has a sheetfeed scanner as well. It's definitely the superior one of the two."

I got the Samsung and I'm happy with it. Scanned a stack of 10 sheets all at once using the feed-tray, and then save as one PDF document. Great for signing contract and sending it back to someone. Historically I've had to scan each sheet and then use a website to glue them all together into a single PDF file >_<
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4218 posts
3149 upvotes
Markham
mofesto wrote: Samsung SCX-4279FW is almost identical, also for $99.99.

Don't bother refilling it yourself, just get a replacement cartridge: Ebay for $30 + free expedited shipping. It's condition NEW, so not refurbished/refilled.

Another user mentioned in another thread comparing the SCX-4729FW and MF4880DW, "The Samsung has 2x the print/scan resolution that the Canon does, and it has a sheetfeed scanner as well. It's definitely the superior one of the two."

I got the Samsung and I'm happy with it. Scanned a stack of 10 sheets all at once using the feed-tray, and then save as one PDF document. Great for signing contract and sending it back to someone. Historically I've had to scan each sheet and then use a website to glue them all together into a single PDF file >_<
lol where have you been living all the while? any decent AIO made in the past like 10 years or so would come with some sort of ADF (proper term for the so-called 'sheetfeed scanner') could have saved yourself a lot of trouble a long time ago.

Anyways, it's true this Canon has only 600 x 600 resolution on both printer and scanner vs. the 1200 x 1200 of the Samsung so I'd also lean towards the Samsung.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2067 posts
442 upvotes
Vancouver
FYI:
The duplex function of this printer is only for the print mode. If you wanted duplex everything (ie. print, copy scan and fax) you will need the next model up, MF4890DW.
Nov 30, 2012
1 posts
Mississauga
You guys should check out the Canon MF4880DW printer, showing $129.99 on the flyer but it's only $99.99 on the website... Not sure if it's an error that Best Buy made or not. If it's true, then I think it's a good deal as although the Samsung one next to it in the flyer showing only $69.99 on the website but still, first, I prefer Canon brand more than Samsung for printer, as actually some of the current HP models were made by Canon as well but just with HP brand name on. Secondly, the Canon MF4880DW printer comes with both Auto Document Feeder on the top and the duplexing (two-sided printing) feature that the Samsung one doesn't.

I already placed the order yesterday and now the order is on progress... I just hope that they will honor the price no matter what. Good luck to me..!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1248 posts
149 upvotes
Brampton, ON
pretty hot price for this printer. I've had the MF4370 for 3 years and it's still going strong. Otherwise I would have jumped on this.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1248 posts
149 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I've been buying from these guys for many years now and they have been great. Very fast shipping and you can get them for even cheaper if you wait for one of their coupons.
Nov 28, 2007
242 posts
11 upvotes
Edmonton
nerdonsite wrote: I've been buying from these guys for many years now and they have been great. Very fast shipping and you can get them for even cheaper if you wait for one of their coupons.
10% off with code "moose10"
Aug 10, 2003
124 posts
11 upvotes
Is it true that this Canon printer doesn't support networked scanning on OSX? I think the Samsung does.
Sep 4, 2011
331 posts
46 upvotes
BURNABY
I think Samsung has a lot better S/W support than Canon. Although I think H/W quality wise, canon is better, but not by far.

I remember my scanner from Canon is not support for 64-bit O/S, whatever, they just don't care about customers who already paid up. The solution is to buy 3-rd party driver to make it work in 64-bit environment. In comparison, my 3-years old Samsung printer is supported even now.

On the other hand, I check the spec for both printers,

SCX-4729FW printing resolution is 1200 x 1200; MF4880DW is 600 x 600.
scanning resolution is 1200 x 1200 (H/W), 4800 x 4800 (S/W); MF4880DW is 600 x 600 (H/W)

Physically, SCX is smaller as well.

However, Canon's cartridge is cheaper, unless you went for refill kit for Samsung.

I will probably go with Samsung as I don't even print that much. ;p