Ongoing Deal Discussion

BBQ Deals Thread

Dec 12, 2019
979 posts
702 upvotes
jk43234 wrote: I purchased a Smokey Joe and a bag of lump charcoal. I plan on getting a chimney but I am looking for advice on how to get it fired up in the meantime. I lit some crumpled newspaper but it didn’t really work. Once the newspaper was burnt out the charcoal didn’t really stay lit.

I am a BBQ newbie. Thanks in advance.
Use 3+ newspapers sheets and make a ring shape and tuck it at the bottom of the chimney so that oxygen can get in the middle of the ring and make a good fire Fire
You can get the cheapest chimney at Walmart or Canadian tire. They are like $12
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3259 posts
3285 upvotes
fooit wrote: Is there a place to get parts for Dyna Glo charcoal grill Dyna Glo DGN405SNC?
Used it for 2 seasons and now the ash pan has rusted through - part# 404-03005-01
Thanks in advance!
https://www.grillspot.ca/

This is the only site i would know to find parts. If it isn't there likely parts don't exist at this point and you're tossing it or trying other parts and hoping they fit.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Aug 24, 2009
852 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
jk43234 wrote: I purchased a Smokey Joe and a bag of lump charcoal. I plan on getting a chimney but I am looking for advice on how to get it fired up in the meantime. I lit some crumpled newspaper but it didn’t really work. Once the newspaper was burnt out the charcoal didn’t really stay lit.

I am a BBQ newbie. Thanks in advance.
I’ve had a Broil King Keg for about 8 years, and I bought one of these to light the charcoal directly.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lincol ... 1000697564

You’ll need propane and some space to light (and preferably safety glasses) but it’ll take 10-15 minutes off your preheat time vs a chimney. It’s a glorious experience every time I light it. :)
Sep 9, 2020
30 posts
15 upvotes
I saw a deal on the Genesis Weber e-310 LP for 799.99.

I was wondering if its actually a deal and if the size is too big for a family of four?
Dec 14, 2006
372 posts
147 upvotes
akannan wrote: I saw a deal on the Genesis Weber e-310 LP for 799.99.

I was wondering if its actually a deal and if the size is too big for a family of four?
Where did you see this deal?
Jun 3, 2017
300 posts
226 upvotes
JWL wrote: Rogue 425 vs LD3 - 425 has a side burner, an included cover, free delivery and is $50 less. LD3 is on clearance and may be difficult to find. 425 is from Costco so easy returns. Actual BBQ part seems identical in terms of burners and size.

Napoleon vs Broil Mate: 15 year bumper to bumper warranty vs "Limited Lifetime warranty of the cast aluminum components, 5 years on the stainless steel burner and 2 years on all remaining parts. " Sorta speaks to the overall quality of the units. Broil Mate is 4 burner and has larger cooking area.

I just bought the Rogue 425
Thank you, I bought the 425. Was upset I missed the past 2 sales but it went back on sale again and snagged it. Looks like it will arrive end of November so it will be fun assembling it in the cold 🤣
Jul 31, 2017
510 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
I don't usually like to impulse buy as I prefer to over research beforehand, but Stockyards Rona was clearing out the Weber Spirit EX315 for $674.25 I grabbed one as I figured I couldn't go too wrong at that price? They had two more left this afternoon
Sep 5, 2018
199 posts
349 upvotes
Multiple Weber on sale at Lowe’s
Late Cycle Investing
Dec 12, 2019
979 posts
702 upvotes
Sypsy wrote: didn't look like it. $200 off various weber gen II
Ok cool. I was only thinking charcoal ones in my head lol
Oct 15, 2013
956 posts
1387 upvotes
If it's a help to anyone, Napoleon LD3 $749 in store clearance at Cambie and 7th. Looks to me like they are dropping that model (its not on napoleon homepage anymore) and stocking Rogue 425 instead.
Oct 15, 2013
956 posts
1387 upvotes
Spotted the Napoleon LEX485 on Costco shop floor at $999. I don't know if that is normal store price but it is $1199 on website.

The travel one was $399, $439 on website.
Nov 26, 2003
580 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Any thoughts on the new Weber Genesis line for 2022? e.g. the E-325s, etc. How do they stack up against the previous Genesis II generation?
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2733 posts
3964 upvotes
Do the Weber Performer models go on sale regularly? I'm considering one for the upcoming season.
Dec 12, 2019
979 posts
702 upvotes
13inches wrote: Do the Weber Performer models go on sale regularly? I'm considering one for the upcoming season.
Usually when bbq seasons ends like late fall and December.

Charcoal bbq seems to go on sale less. Best bet is go to a store where they don’t have stock but floor model. You can haggle the HD rep down to 50% off. They like clearing out the floor ones.
If not, I don’t think you can get that on sale until November
Nov 17, 2018
4 posts
Hey Stevethewheel,

I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on the Phantom Prestige 500 NG also, but had some questions perhaps you could provide after having one for over 6 months.
How do you find the cleaning and care of the matte black? Scratches easily ?
Otherwise I know I’ll probably luvSmiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes it but thinking maybe regular stainless (non matte black) Prestige is easier to care for ??
But the caveat would be no Cast statinless grates if I don’t go for the Phantom.

stevethewheel wrote: I finally assembled and installed my Napoleon Phantom Prestige 500 (NG)

Wow this thing rocks. The sear burner puts an incredible as-thin-as-you-want sticky-glaze on the outside of meat (tried using it to actually cook but will need some practice).
Cooked a 3.4 kg Beef Tenderloin on the rotisserie, using only the rear infrared. I loved it. People are still talking about how good it was.
And it looks so cool being all black with the LED lit knobs (which are also black)

I’m coming from a 15 yr old Weber Genesis Silver B, which still works great but when I saw the IR side burner I justified the upgrade in size as well.

A few comments:
The Weber was made of steel panels bolted to a steel frame. The Napoleon is all large panels that are sheet metal screwed together. Seems sturdy enough but I’m more into bolts than screws in steel.
The matte black finish shows the grease splatter. Or maybe that’s just ´cause it’s new. The finish is matte-rough and I expect dust/grease still be a pain.
The drip tray is thin stainless and being so large I’m not looking forward to pulling it out dirty without flexing it like mad. The Weber had a porcelain-coated steel tray that you could grab onto and yank with no flex (think turkey-roaster tough). The final grease collection aluminum pan is teeny for the size of grill, will be replacing far too often.
The IR side burner has a drip tray of sorts. Super small, sides of the pan are like 7 mm tall and inconvenient that to remove it you pull it to the back of the bbq. Yes you pull the ever so short sided tray to the back, that means standing behind or doing some very awkward moves. On the other hand not too much should drip as the burner is Wicked Hot.
Not sure why the IR burner is on the left. Southpaws rejoice.

All of this says the Weber had some awesome features that I’ll miss, but things change and I don’t know if Weber does what they used to any more either.

I like the knobs, easy to turn with just finger tips. The cast stainless grills (yes. Cast. And stainless) make great marks and when pre heated nicely food doesn’t stick much at all….may do a treatment on them, will see. I used to wash my porcelain coated stamped steel grates regularly and they were virtually stick free and look almost new 15 yrs later. Looking forward to getting the hang of cast.

Nice even heat on the grill. I didn’t do the toast test but have enough experience to know when it’s good.

Did I mention the IR burner? Yes? Well I will again, I have never and I mean never been able to get such an even sear over an open flame. That’s going to get a lot of use.
Awesome that I can cook on the rotisserie using only the rear IR burner and not have to fiddle with the regular burners. Cranked it up for the last 15 mins for a wicked sear there too. (whoops, I am used to browning some potatoes on the grill, but those burners weren’t in play - lessons to learn)
Can do corn or whatever else on side burner and not have the stove battle the air conditioning.

I made some critical comments there, just being real, this bbq is overall everything I wanted and exceeds my expectations. It has way more flexibility on cooking and I’m looking forward to what more I can do.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)