[Merged] beer Beer BEER

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2018 9:34 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2005
452 posts
1 upvote

[Merged] beer Beer BEER

hey im just wondering, what beer do you guys drink?

i'll start it off

my beer is millers geniune draught
1301 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
8 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Rickard's Red and Guiness mostly
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2733 posts
134 upvotes
Peterborough
bigwill wrote:my beer is millers geniune draught
That's not beer. :razz:

Try something from one of the local Ontario micro breweries. Some tasty stuff. Or Unibroue stuff out of Quebec.
[OP]
Feb 20, 2005
452 posts
1 upvote
wiggy wrote:That's not beer. :razz:

Try something from one of the local Ontario micro breweries. Some tasty stuff. Or Unibroue stuff out of Quebec.
lol
i drink other stuff too like rickards and keiths but i dunno i just like millers for some reason, its so smooth haha
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17864 posts
919 upvotes
Labatt products I love..

Blue or Lucky lager are both great choices (especially lucky when on a budget. It's seriously good friggin beer.)

Also a big fan of Heineken, Lowenbrau, Hoegaarden White, Dragon Stout, and a few others.

edit1: Forgot about Stella Artois.. excellent product
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1537 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
A polish beeer called Tyskie is not bad but not many place has it.

I usually just go for Keiths, Stella, rickards pale.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6153 posts
553 upvotes
BC
there are just too many to list. i try many different beers and like many.

innis & gunn is an amazing beer, very expensive at $19.50 for a 6pk, but worth trying.

check it out here:
http://www.innisandgunn.com/innisandgunn.html
That's my 2cents worth
Dec 4, 2003
601 posts
2 upvotes
Keelie wrote:there are just too many to list. i try many different beers and like many.

innis & gunn is an amazing beer, very expensive at $19.50 for a 6pk, but worth trying.

check it out here:
http://www.innisandgunn.com/innisandgunn.html
Can one buy that in BC liquor/beer stores? I've never seen that in Ontario and I usually buy beers I've never seen before... you know, in search of something I haven't found yet... like this Innis and Gunn. :cheesygri

Anyone know where a thirsty Torontonian can get this?

To the OP, I usually prefer ales in the winter but I switch them up. One I've been enjoying more regularly than others is Sinha Stout.
Jul 12, 2005
842 posts
180 upvotes
Kelowna
One of my favorite haunts:

www.ratebeer.com

Although, most of the beer-snobs on that site look down their nose on my favorite styles: Pils, Lager, that site can give you some excellent ideas.

You need to sign-up to see some of their top-xx lists, but it's free.

My faves:
  1. Christoffel Blond
  2. Samual Adams
  3. Pilsner Urquell
  4. Chechvar

There are a bunch of beers not available in the GVR that I'm anxious to try, Creemore Springs Premium Lager being one of them. I'd be interested to hear what some of you think of it.

Btw, there are some awesome brewers from Quebec, it's just that they specialize in strong ales, not one of my favorite styles.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6153 posts
553 upvotes
BC
mudmojo wrote:Can one buy that in BC liquor/beer stores? I've never seen that in Ontario and I usually buy beers I've never seen before... you know, in search of something I haven't found yet... like this Innis and Gunn. :cheesygri

Anyone know where a thirsty Torontonian can get this?
yes, its in our specialty liquor store. we have two specialty stores here and each one has some different beers than the other one... lots to choose from.
That's my 2cents worth
Apr 26, 2005
211 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga/Meadowva…
I like the strong Unibroue beers myself, lots of flavour. I prefer Trois Pistoles which is dark and kind of sweet, as well as Fin Du Monde which is lighter, although both are 8% or 9%.

Mostly I drink Heineken, I also like Stella, Creemore, Sleeman's, Grolsch and sometimes Moosehead or Keith's.
[OP]
Feb 20, 2005
452 posts
1 upvote
another question from the beer newbie, whats the differences between largers and ales?
what are some other terminology i should know?
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4482 posts
878 upvotes
Scarborough
Usually Moosehead, but sometimes if I'm not in the mood to dish out twice the money, I just go for a Canadian
Sep 5, 2005
973 posts
1 upvote
bigwill wrote:another question from the beer newbie, whats the differences between largers and ales?
what are some other terminology i should know?
www.wikipedia.org has the answers my friend :)

Ales > Lagers. I happen to like robust, flavourful beers. If that makes me a beer snob, so be it. I just can't stomach the bland, flavourless stuff that most big breweries churn out. And for the record, Rickards is brewed by Molson, Keith's is brewed by Labatt (which is brewed by Interbrew of Belgium). Sleemans is a big brewery and I've yet to like anything from them that is not brewed by one of their subsidiaries, like Unibroue.

Not to knock Interbrew, Hoegaarden, Leffe, and some of their other offerings are quite good. Stella is bland, and tastes like corn and cardboard. Nice glasses though.

For the ultimate beer experience, look no further than your local LCBO and ask what Belgium Trappist ales they offer, such as Chimay. Or, go over to Quebec and pick up a bottle of Unibroue's "Terrible", "Fringante", or "11". Or try the beer store, and look for Maudite (you'll never go back to Rickards Red again), Trois Pistoles (you'll never go back to your regular porter again), or Blanche de Chambly (not as good as some German wheat beers, but similar, and slightly sour like some Belgians witbiers). Note: Most Unibroue beers are 8% or higher. Finally, if you like stouts, St Amboise Oatmeal Stout (from the LCBO) is superior to Guinness (which I love, mostly because it's so available at most pubs). I'm not the only one who thinks this - ratebeer.com puts it in the 99th percentile.

So put down that bland Miller Genuine Draft, and at least try something different just once! You might be surprised!

www.chimay.be
www.unibroue.com
Sep 5, 2005
973 posts
1 upvote
mudmojo wrote:To the OP, I usually prefer ales in the winter but I switch them up. One I've been enjoying more regularly than others is Sinha Stout.
I agree, ales are good during the winter, since they are usually drank at warmer temps than lagers. I had mixed feelings about Sinha. I found it a little too sweet, and strong for a stout (8% for a stout?!).

[IMG]http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/839.jpg[/IMG]