Freebies

[Merged] Disney Movie Rewards free bonus points (updated every now and then)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 8:18 am
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
shifty37 wrote: Hi All,

Couldn't find anything searching this thread, has anybody had any rewards not arrive? Unfortunately there's no tracking number as usual and I have to wait the 8 weeks since I made the order to call the help line again before anything can be done.

Other rewards I made after this one have already arrived, I'm assuming I'm out of luck.
Someone I was talking to in the US was telling me that DMI shipped his reward to the wrong address. He was given a tracking number, so he was able to follow it. My reward shipped today, but I received a UPS tracking number. The delivery address is correct, so I'm hoping to receive it within the next couple of weeks.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2671 posts
14084 upvotes
Mississauga
fudge_u wrote: Someone I was talking to in the US was telling me that DMI shipped his reward to the wrong address. He was given a tracking number, so he was able to follow it. My reward shipped today, but I received a UPS tracking number. The delivery address is correct, so I'm hoping to receive it within the next couple of weeks.
UPS? I'd be more worried about them charging some arbitrary broker fee, depending on where Baby Yoda is coming from and what they value him at. You might have to storm the depot, Mandalorian-style, to get him out! :D

On another forum, someone claimed Canadians could contact DMI for our tracking numbers, but I don't know if that was just wishful thinking on his part. While it could just be that DMI isn't as well integrated with CP as it is USPS, I think if they had that info the reps wouldn't have to tell us to wait and see for eight weeks.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
need2save wrote: UPS? I'd be more worried about them charging some arbitrary broker fee, depending on where Baby Yoda is coming from and what they value him at. You might have to storm the depot, Mandalorian-style, to get him out! :D

On another forum, someone claimed Canadians could contact DMI for our tracking numbers, but I don't know if that was just wishful thinking on his part. While it could just be that DMI isn't as well integrated with CP as it is USPS, I think if they had that info the reps wouldn't have to tell us to wait and see for eight weeks.
The value is $375USD. I don't think I'll care if I have to pay a $15 brokerage fee. I prefer not to, but I'll suck it up if I have to.

In the past with movie rewards, I never received a tracking number. I'd have to wait about 2-3 weeks to receive the movie I ordered.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2671 posts
14084 upvotes
Mississauga
fudge_u wrote: The value is $375USD. I don't think I'll care if I have to pay a $15 brokerage fee. I prefer not to, but I'll suck it up if I have to.

In the past with movie rewards, I never received a tracking number. I'd have to wait about 2-3 weeks to receive the movie I ordered.
I think I'd have a hard time ponying up money for a "free" reward on principle, especially if it was based on the MSRP (and it was an expensive item to boot, lol).

I'm sure it won't actually be an issue. Years ago, I used to get big, bulky boxes from DMR that would just show up on my doorstep (or in the community mailbox if it fit in the package bay, so at least some were delivered by CP not courier). While they were addressed from Fort Erie, I suspect they originally came from the States and Disney took care of the paperwork at the border.

I usually wait 2 to 2.5 weeks for regular rewards too. The Mulan book was an anomaly as it arrived crazy fast; usually it takes longer than that before they even process the order.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
2672 posts
495 upvotes
need2save wrote: UPS? I'd be more worried about them charging some arbitrary broker fee, depending on where Baby Yoda is coming from and what they value him at. You might have to storm the depot, Mandalorian-style, to get him out! :D

Yeah its weird. The old DMR system had the CP numbers integrated into the system I recall (don’t hold me to it though).
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2671 posts
14084 upvotes
Mississauga
Tilter wrote: Yeah its weird. The old DMR system had the CP numbers integrated into the system I recall (don’t hold me to it though).
I don't think the old DMR system had CP tracking either, or else I'd have been checking my shipments all the time, lol. I remember getting antsy when my stuff hadn't shown up within 2.5 weeks of the shipment email (something DMR did more reliably, although DMI has gotten better lately).

I think (but I'm not sure) that online shipment tracking was introduced with the current site. I think we could only see our order history before (at the bottom of the page, after our points history).
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2671 posts
14084 upvotes
Mississauga
This week's 400-point Hot Rewards is The Princess Diaries 2-movie collection.

"Includes DVD + Blu-Ray", so it's the larger DVD packaging if that matters to you.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
5749 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto
need2save wrote: This week's 400-point Hot Rewards is The Princess Diaries 2-movie collection.

"Includes DVD + Blu-Ray", so it's the larger DVD packaging if that matters to you.
Was going to find out what's the normal redemption rate, but it seems like this one is not on the reward list right now
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1513 posts
612 upvotes
GTA
I haven't been able to add a code since the end of Dec. Frankly I'm not even sure it's worth it. Each code only gives about 3 cents in rewards - Probably not worth my time and effort going forwards.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14794 posts
4262 upvotes
3 cents is better than nothing. We post here and earn zero cents.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Sep 14, 2014
214 posts
130 upvotes
Barrie, ON
kasm wrote: I haven't been able to add a code since the end of Dec. Frankly I'm not even sure it's worth it. Each code only gives about 3 cents in rewards - Probably not worth my time and effort going forwards.
They all seemed to have expired on the 30th, even the points issued after that. They were all set to expire on Jan 2nd anyway.
Dec 7, 2020
16 posts
23 upvotes
Good news! The release on the site actually uses the smaller blue blu-ray case!

Not bad 2 chick flicks for effectively 250 points post-rebate.
need2save wrote: This week's 400-point Hot Rewards is The Princess Diaries 2-movie collection.

Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2671 posts
14084 upvotes
Mississauga
Shyranis wrote: Good news! The release on the site actually uses the smaller blue blu-ray case!

Not bad 2 chick flicks for effectively 250 points post-rebate.
We'll find out soon enough -- they have already started shipping them. They changed the reward image right before they released it (late) on Wednesday, but the concern is it might just be a stock image.

I'm just glad it's the American version! It already looks like a bilingual cover with all that small text. When you look at the French/English cover on amazon.ca, it's a mess.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16975 posts
3194 upvotes
Toronto
I see that Maleficent 4k is 900 points.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 1.22.26 PM.png
Dec 7, 2020
16 posts
23 upvotes
Honestly Maleficent is probably the best of the live action remakes (Because it's not a boring soulless vanilla retread)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16975 posts
3194 upvotes
Toronto
Shyranis wrote: Honestly Maleficent is probably the best of the live action remakes (Because it's not a boring soulless vanilla retread)
Yup, and at 900 points, I had to order it lol
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2008
2671 posts
14084 upvotes
Mississauga
audit13 wrote: I see that Maleficent 4k is 900 points.
Not for the rest of us! *shrug*
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
16975 posts
3194 upvotes
Toronto
need2save wrote: Not for the rest of us! *shrug*
I recall seeing a post where other people were able to order 4k discs.
Dec 7, 2020
16 posts
23 upvotes
need2save wrote: Not for the rest of us! *shrug*
Sadly it's US only because they were tired of us Canadians complaining we couldn't redeem the digital codes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)