Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Mobilicity

FS/BB: Samsung Galaxy W ($0+$150TAB-$150GC) NO Contract (work on wind/mobi)

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1811 posts
2410 upvotes
BC
Fantaz wrote: I am trying to unlock my Galaxy W with this guy, but he's saying he can't unlock it... thinks he has to give me a refund.

He's not sure why for this one that he can't read the unlock codes. Would it help if I root it?

He says for my phone it can not bypass msl security, and needs to read security files. Reading security, it's going extremely slow, like 1 percent every few minutes or so. Normally it should bypass the security much faster, but seems like my device is newer or something?
Same experience here. Got my phone about 2 weeks ago. Tried the Romanian guy also. Says phone is too new and unlock code not in database. Tried to read security files but couldn't. Something different with these new batch of phones?

Update: Went to FastGSM and done in less than 10 mins. (including registration). These guys are good.
Apr 15, 2009
201 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Fantaz wrote: That's good. I don't think the $100 gift card will come back until maybe next month. But call in every weekend to check!
Its back $100 giftcard at FS
Jan 9, 2011
94 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Only if thete may be stock left, searched store availability and found none...
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
[QUOTE]Its back $100 giftcard at FS[/QUOTE]

it shows $50
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12459 posts
2170 upvotes
GTA
Fantaz wrote: Nice! Definitely the best deal for $69 AFTER TAX!!! I wonder if they allow me to get another one.
up to 5 or 6 activations within 90 days period for bestbuy and futureshop combined.
Nov 30, 2009
292 posts
390 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
I'm looking at the Best Buy site right now and this is at the bottom of the page:

"*Please Note:This unit is not available for sale online. New in-store activation required on a three year plan with eligible packages in order to purchase this unit at the listed price."

So is this just a generic message, or is there a way around having to sign up for a 3 year plan?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7478 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't you have to pay at least one month of service?
Fantaz wrote: Nice! Definitely the best deal for $69 AFTER TAX!!! I wonder if they allow me to get another one.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1651 posts
448 upvotes
Darn. Bought this last Sunday from BestBuy when it was offered with a $50GC. Will I be able to take the receipt back to BestBuy and get a $100GC?
Aug 9, 2012
133 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Futureshop only show $50 gc is the 100 available there as well?
what is necessary when the phone is bought to switch it to a speakout sim card and pay as you go? i have never owned a mobile phone before.
Thank you
Oct 25, 2004
594 posts
101 upvotes
so I just want to make sure. I go to best buy, sign up for monthly plan (on contract?), so theyll charge 150 to the cell account, and give me a $100 gc. I then call in the next day or whenever and switch to prepaid. Is that basically it? I might go buy one today. Also if bestbuy is out, can I match the 100gc with futureshop? On the futureshop website it says 50gc only.
stanislavspon wrote: There are certain extraterrestrial races who look upon us the way we look upon animals. Though such view is not held widely throughout the universe some extraterrestrial races view us to be a barbaric race. I would have to agree with them. Moreover planet earth is being quarantined and monitored specifically since we detonated the atomic bomb. Many extraterrestrial races are excited to see us evolve so we can join our galactic family of light.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2004
1533 posts
1294 upvotes
Upstairs
vilator wrote: so I just want to make sure. I go to best buy, sign up for monthly plan (on contract?), so theyll charge 150 to the cell account, and give me a $100 gc. I then call in the next day or whenever and switch to prepaid. Is that basically it? I might go buy one today. Also if bestbuy is out, can I match the 100gc with futureshop? On the futureshop website it says 50gc only.
+1 I want to know also. Too lazy to read the first 60+ pages. They have this on their support page which seem to indicate different.

Price adjustments when you change your Plan or Data Plan
Say what? So, sometimes we’ll offer our Members discounted or free phones when they sign an agreement with us for a committed length of time. Sometimes we’ll also have extra discounts or rebates for Members who hook up a data agreement with us, too.

If you’re on of these Members, then your discount or rebate was based on the length of time you chose for your agreement. In most cases, the longer your agreement is that then greater you discount or rebate was.

If you cancel your voice or data agreement before the end of the committed length of time you agreed to, then you’ll be charged a fee that pro-rates the cost of your phone or other device to cover the rest of your agreement. This is not an extra charge. This charge is to cover the amount of the discount or rebate you got when you hooked up and agreed to stay with us for a certain length of time.

This is how a Data Service Agreement Price Adjustment (or a DSAPA – acronyms are fun!) is calculated:

We take the Data Rebate you agreed to at the time of your activation or last upgrade.
We divide that rebate by the number of months in your agreement.
Then we multiply the amount in Step 2 by the number of months that will be left in your agreement after you choose to cancel.

Here’s an example:

Take the Data

You hook up a BlackBerry Bold on a 36-month agreement and get a $250 Data Rebate. In month 24, you drop your data feature…
Step 1: Data Rebate = $250
Step 2: $250 / 36 months = $6.94
Step 3: $6.94 x 12 months remaining in contract = $83.33 DSAPA charge
Banned
May 17, 2005
4845 posts
661 upvotes
[QUOTE]Futureshop only show $50 gc is the 100 available there as well?[/QUOTE]

in the "Weekly Store Flyer" shows $100
any chance to pay the tab with this gc or pay for the phone with this gc and take only $50 on tab?
Aug 18, 2007
367 posts
145 upvotes
Is anyone finding this phone in stock anywhere? All the stores around here are OOS...
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kitty wrote: Darn. Bought this last Sunday from BestBuy when it was offered with a $50GC. Will I be able to take the receipt back to BestBuy and get a $100GC?
Is it still under 30 minutes talk time? If so, your trump card is you can return it, and turn around and buy again with $100 GC.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
qaz393 wrote: up to 5 or 6 activations within 90 days period for bestbuy and futureshop combined.
Just wondering if your credit takes a hit when you sign up for on Tab for multiple lines, and then cancel. (I figure if anyone would know, it would be you!) :razz: :D
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Here's another Virgin Mobile option like the HTC Wildfire S and BlackBerry 9360 offers for 0$, with $100 gift card. These two deals are still available currently.
Best Buy has this Samsung Galaxy W for 0$, $150 Tab, and with an instant $100 gift card. Net cost $50 + $19 taxes. No minimum plan or data plan required. Valid even with minimal $20 per month plan.
As in the previous deals, no contract required, but you get a $150 Tab on your account, paid down by 10% of each monthly balance. Pay the remaining Tab off anytime and leave with the phone. The $100 GC offsets $100 of the Tab.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... 2e3d88en02