Expired Hot Deals

Newegg

Haier 7" Portable LCD TV & External Monitor [Refurb] $30 + $7.49 [email protected]

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2011 6:11 pm
123 replies
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12083 posts
5969 upvotes
Hmm not too bad of a price.Now do i get a couple or at least 1.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2006
4880 posts
1777 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
Plus eco tax in Ontario which is an additional $12.25 + HST on that tax = $13.84
+ HST on product $5.20

= $19.04 in taxes on a $40 item.

= 47.6 % tax rate.

Good job there McGuinty!

> :(
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12139 posts
3464 upvotes
Tempting... it would even be handy to take up on the roof to tweak my HD antenna...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Mar 7, 2008
798 posts
63 upvotes
$41.99 shipped to Montreal,thanks OP, will be good for the kitchen or something, the videos on youtube i watched looks like it is pretty decent quality, cant go wrong.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6575 posts
1197 upvotes
&#$*@
add $12.25 environment fee for Ontario
$59.03 total

that fee should be waived for RFD members, its a violation.
Jul 31, 2006
193 posts
6 upvotes
billsan101 wrote: $41.99 shipped to Montreal,thanks OP, will be good for the kitchen or something, the videos on youtube i watched looks like it is pretty decent quality, cant go wrong.

Same here! Thanks OP.
Jan 10, 2010
264 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
Thinking about getting a Bathroom TV for the Guys Sports area so you don't miss a beat while the game is on. haha. Hoping for some insight.

Is there something that can broadcast my cable signal from the wall/splitter via coax so that this thing can receive all my STD def cable channels from another room via it's antenna?

Otherwise, is the only way to get sports channels on this via putting coax to the cable port?

Just looking for the most wireless solution.

Thx...
Jan 10, 2010
264 posts
30 upvotes
Victoria
recneps77 wrote: Just ordered, then realized the 12.25 after payment.

Though if you look on the OES page, it says $0.40 for portable/personal video devices.
http://www.ontarioelectronicstewardship ... /fees.html

I messaged NE to see if they'll fix it.

+1 . I messaged because it's $9.00 in BC and it should only be $0.40

$9 is ridiculous. Must be mis-categorized in their system.

Thanks for the mention. I didn't even notice! Bah.
Dec 7, 2001
175 posts
5 upvotes
Victoria
I was all ready to go and even had the display in the in the final shopping cart, put in my credit card number everything before it showed me that it wanted to charge an addition $9 of tax (for bc stewardship program). I just closed the window and did not order. Don't really think I should give the government any more money than the stupid HST dictates on a purchased product.
Oct 10, 2003
322 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga
fergy wrote: Plus eco tax in Ontario which is an additional $12.25 + HST on that tax = $13.84
+ HST on product $5.20

= 47.6 % tax rate.

Good job there McGuinty!

I totally agree ! It is so sad that we have this McGuinty in our province!!!!!!!!!!!!
McGuinty is an unbelievable artist that even he lies through his teeth, he still gets supported by all those brain-washed Ontarian.
Good job too McGuinty for the HST! :evil: :mad:
Apr 5, 2007
549 posts
33 upvotes
Whitby
sf1 wrote: that link clearly states that display under 18" is $12.25

It is neither a computer monitor, display device, nor all in one computer. That category does not apply.
If you read the detailed rules, portable dvd player and car video accessories fall into the bottom categories of image, audio and video devices.
Where this belongs.

The top are for non-portable devices.
At most, the fee should be 2.85, that for a car audio/video system.

Also, under the <29 category it says
Excludes: Display devices that are less than 10”
Mar 20, 2007
953 posts
550 upvotes
Toronto
photon wrote: I totally agree ! It is so sad that we have this McGuinty in our province!!!!!!!!!!!!
McGuinty is an unbelievable artist that even he lies through his teeth, he still gets supported by all those brain-washed Ontarian.
Good job too McGuinty for the HST! :evil: :mad:
+1
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2005
1551 posts
163 upvotes
fergy wrote: Plus eco tax in Ontario which is an additional $12.25 + HST on that tax = $13.84
+ HST on product $5.20

= 47.6 % tax rate.

Good job there McGuinty!

one more reason i will not vote for liberals in my life time...opps..i will vote when leafs will win Stanley cup...aint happening in my life time...
30% Income Tax, 13% Sales Tax, 2% Health care Premium in Tax, 4% Property Tax, 2% unemployment Premium in Tax, 2% Canada pension Plan, 4% Company pension Plan, 4% RRSP, 2% Drug plan, 2% Insurance Premium, 10% Gas Expense, 3% vehicle insurance, 3% Utilities.Total 81% Mandatory Deductions i am left with 19% to spend at RFD, Beer and Grocery...Do i really Earn for my self? Time for Change, Yes we can and we will in next Election
Apr 5, 2008
691 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Ordered this, despite a $15 environmental fee (Im in Calgary). Oh well, interested to see if anyone successfully negotiates a smaller environmental charge because $15 for something this small is ridiculous.
Apr 5, 2007
549 posts
33 upvotes
Whitby
Based on the Ontario document, any purchaser here should have a valid case in getting it reduced.
It specifically states that the 12.25 doesn't apply to screens smaller than 10".

Thus would place it in the $0.40 portable video device category.
Oct 10, 2003
322 posts
22 upvotes
Mississauga
daffod wrote: one more reason i will not vote for liberals in my life time...opps..i will vote when leafs will win Stanley cup...aint happening in my life time...

1+

Dec 22, 2010
147 posts
25 upvotes
North York
recneps77 wrote: Based on the Ontario document, any purchaser here should have a valid case in getting it reduced.
It specifically states that the 12.25 doesn't apply to screens smaller than 10".

Thus would place it in the $0.40 portable video device category.

+1
where can I tell them to change the EEF?