Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Haier 7" Portable LCD TV & External Monitor [Refurb] $30 + $7.49 Shipping@NE

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2011 6:11 pm
Jan 10, 2010
271 posts
46 upvotes
Victoria
Mine hasn't come yet either. Maybe I shouldn't have complained about eco fee!

BC Specs for Eco Fees wouldn't net me a reversal from NewEgg. Stupid $9 fee is about 23+% of total cost. What a jip. None the less going to be happy to have a TV on the wall in the poop room. hah. Maybe....

Check out the thread on the HTPC Backlit Remote PPL. Buy it instead of flowers for the wife or gf.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 27, 2006
5958 posts
2745 upvotes
Not so easy there Ma…
recneps77 wrote: The EPG is better than my 24" tv - can view future guide info.
My 24" is only the current program/info.

re: 7" size
The whole point of this is portability.. thus the small screen.
If you want something bigger, you're looking in the wrong category of TV's

Or you might as well just use a laptop with tv tuner. Same battery life but can do so much more.

Does the guide info come over the air or plugged in to cable TV?
Apr 5, 2007
549 posts
33 upvotes
Whitby
I'm only using it OTA.
ATSC PSIP info.

If you have cable it would be analog only, so the 'guide channel' applies.

And the 'only charge in orange mode' that the manual states is BS.
I had it in 'red' for a while, and turned it on now and it's green for fully charged.
Mar 7, 2008
802 posts
78 upvotes
mine didnt come with instructions, anyone know how to use the favorites after you select them?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up on the $12.25 environmental fee.
I am surprise that after the representative accknowledged that it was an "error",
he did not report this to company and require buyers to manually request for refunds instead of doing it automatically on their end.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
recneps77 wrote: Or you might as well just use a laptop with tv tuner. Same battery life but can do so much more.

That's what I'm thinking. I might try a USB tuner with my netbook, once I upgrade Windows.

My size reference was to how WS always seems smaller than we're used to for a given dimension. A 17in WS screen is similar height to 15in FF for example.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Dec 22, 2010
147 posts
25 upvotes
North York
sf1 wrote: Thanks for the heads up on the $12.25 environmental fee.
I am surprise that after the representative accknowledged that it was an "error",
he did not report this to company and require buyers to manually request for refunds instead of doing it automatically on their end.

they just wait you to email them, in case you don't. They can keep the $12.25 to themself. :twisted:
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
I still haven't received back an e-mail from them regarding the eco fee for Ontario. Can those that did e-mail and got a response confirm which e-mail address you used or which "contact" under the contact us you used?

Thanks
Dec 7, 2003
502 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough
fergy wrote: Plus eco tax in Ontario which is an additional $12.25 + HST on that tax = $13.84
+ HST on product $5.20

= $19.04 in taxes on a $40 item.

= 47.6 % tax rate.

Good job there McGuinty!

> :(

so much tax
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
1435 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
So what kind of channels can you watch with this?
t_garp wrote:I have to stop checking RFD, this site is making me broke... :twisted:
:cheesygri
Mar 4, 2010
255 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
photon wrote: I totally agree ! It is so sad that we have this McGuinty in our province!!!!!!!!!!!!
McGuinty is an unbelievable artist that even he lies through his teeth, he still gets supported by all those brain-washed Ontarian.
Good job too McGuinty for the HST! :evil: :mad:

LOL, brilliant.. So how much tax would you have paid for this product before HST? Let's see.. 8% PST + 5% GST.. hey wait! It's the same as the HST... you know.. the HARMONIZED SALES TAX! You didn't pay any more tax on this thing than you would have if McGuinty didn't put in the HST. :facepalm:

Who's the brainwashed one?

re: Eco-stewardship fee.. yeah it blows big, but BC and I guess Alberta have also implemented similar stewardship fees.. which btw goes into a fund to pay for the recycling of these hazardous Made in China electronics after our consume & dispose-of attitude is done with these things.
Apr 5, 2007
549 posts
33 upvotes
Whitby
YLSF wrote: I still haven't received back an e-mail from them regarding the eco fee for Ontario. Can those that did e-mail and got a response confirm which e-mail address you used or which "contact" under the contact us you used?

Thanks

Try sending directly to servicecanada@newegg.ca

Thats where mine came from and where I replied to with my second message.

Amuse wrote: So what kind of channels can you watch with this?
I'm not up to date in the Van area but come this summer all Canadian channels currently broadcasting over the air should be in digital HDTV.
You could also pickup Seattle/Tacoma stations right now in HD.

It will also work for regular NTSC channels (analog cable or analog antenna)
No HD or digital cable, unless you plug a tuner box into the video inputs.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for that e-mail. It looks like that was the address that the "form" sent it to anyway as they sent me a confirmation from that address.

I received a response yesterday, the guy obviously didn't READ my e-mail as I clearly gave him the link that showed the exclusion.. arg....

I contacted them again, if they don't credit me I am going to contact the Stewardship program. I wonder what they are doing with all the extra money... It seems like they are just clueless.....
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Wow, Newegg is totally clueless when it comes to the eco fees... I FINALLY got them to confirm they will refund the eco fee for Ontario, but, look what they said

"Please note this is an exception since we do not have any price guarantee policy. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to be processed and returned back to your original method of payment for this order"

WTF, it is the rules of the eco fee program. They never should have charged it. I responded back one more time to thank them for the credit but to tell them it shouldn't be an "exception" but that they should update their pricing system as those are the rules of the eco fee program.

Hope everyone else in Ontario who bought this contacts them and gets their eco fee back
Apr 5, 2008
691 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Id be interested to know if anyone in Alberta has successfully negotiated the eco fee. I know on paper it says that it's $15 for a TV <19" but that's silly for something this small.

Just received this product today and it's in good condition. It's clearly a refurb though since the rubber on the TV does not appear brand new and the box was all taped up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 15, 2004
6654 posts
1455 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Wow, Newegg is totally clueless when it comes to the eco fees... I FINALLY got them to confirm they will refund the eco fee for Ontario, but, look what they said

"Please note this is an exception since we do not have any price guarantee policy. Please allow 3-5 business days for the credit to be processed and returned back to your original method of payment for this order"

WTF, it is the rules of the eco fee program. They never should have charged it. I responded back one more time to thank them for the credit but to tell them it shouldn't be an "exception" but that they should update their pricing system as those are the rules of the eco fee program.

Hope everyone else in Ontario who bought this contacts them and gets their eco fee back

I agree they are totally clueless about this thing, and the sad thing is you don't get the fee back unless you contact them, very shady in my opinion (where is the money going to if I don't ask?)
I received my eco fee back, but the tax that was applied to it was not refunded, I need to contact them again.
Apr 5, 2008
691 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there a way to see how much battery life is left on this thing? Ive never gotten a chance to run it down, but does it just shut off without warning as soon as the battery runs out of juice?
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
nobb wrote: Is there a way to see how much battery life is left on this thing? Ive never gotten a chance to run it down, but does it just shut off without warning as soon as the battery runs out of juice?

Yeah, seemed to do that today on me. I was just listening to the audio and wasn't paying 100% attention to screen but seemed to just shut down without warning. The reception did seem to get a little worse about 1 minute before shutting down though.

Would be nice to have some sort of battery indicator but I don't think it has one (unless in settings somewhere).

BTW, I got an e-mail back about the credit on the tax for eco fee. They are crediting back the extra $1.63
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
YLSF wrote: Yeah, seemed to do that today on me. I was just listening to the audio and wasn't paying 100% attention to screen but seemed to just shut down without warning. The reception did seem to get a little worse about 1 minute before shutting down though.

Would be nice to have some sort of battery indicator but I don't think it has one (unless in settings somewhere).

BTW, I got an e-mail back about the credit on the tax for eco fee. They are crediting back the extra $1.63

got a chance today to use it.It lasted for about 2 hours 20minutes and the last 10 minutes there was a red battery icon flashing on screen then it died.
Feb 25, 2009
350 posts
264 upvotes
I bought one of these last month,picture quality is quite impressive for a 7in tv,thats when you can pick up a feed with the antenna.

unlike the sale last month,there is a $11.49 charge for shipping.

promocode CEMCKGHG67