Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2005
5897 posts
94 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i might be moving away for a year or two, but i still have contract and dont want to give up my number

is the eergency plan still available?
May 19, 2008
40 posts
I just got 2 phones for $66+tax+fees:
on both:
-250 anytime minutes
-evenings and weekends from 8pm
-voice mail, caller id, 125 text messages
-rogers2rogers calling
-1000 ld minutes

Works out to 100 less minutes and no incoming minutes from my previous plan, but I didn't use much of either of those. Later evenings though. I gain rogers2rogers, though, and go to 2000 ld minutes total instead of 100... and save $50/month.

Does this look good, or is there something I can do down the road to make it better?
Oct 24, 2005
987 posts
308 upvotes
Calgary
lol my plan is from 1996 is it good?

Amigo 50 Plan Fee $39.95(50 minutes)
Monthly Plan Credit savings of -10.00
Bonus Credit savings of -10.00(
Corp Discount savings of -7.99(Free Voicemail)
Unlimited Weekends
911 Emergency Svc Access Fee 0.50
Total usage charges ending Jan 10/07 0.87
Corp Discount savings of -0.17
Total Wireless charges before Taxes $13.16
G.S.T. (#86239 5381) 0.79
458 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
FYI, I was able to HUP 1.5yrs into my 3yrs contract and got them to bump me to Tier 5 (max discount - web pricing). I HUP'd a new W810i (yes, it's old, but it's what I found to be the best available phone) with no activation fee. They couldn't change the pricing on the phone, but gave me 2 months free service instead.

My plan that I signed up for when I did my last HUP was:

250 daytime min
6pm week/weekend unlimited
1st min incoming free
R2R
100 LD
CD/VM

$25/mth + SAF + taxes

I didn't bother arguing for any other features since the only thing I could've asked for was SAF (doubtful) and text msg which I don't do anyways.
Plus, my KRZR died so I needed a phone quick.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10501 posts
960 upvotes
Vancouver
weebg wrote: FYI, I was able to HUP 1.5yrs into my 3yrs contract and got them to bump me to Tier 5 (max discount - web pricing). I HUP'd a new W810i (yes, it's old, but it's what I found to be the best available phone) with no activation fee. They couldn't change the pricing on the phone, but gave me 2 months free service instead.
So did you do a 3 year then? Can you confirm whether its 1.5 left + another 3 years, or 3 years from when you HUP'ed? I've seen conflicting reports...
Dec 21, 2006
109 posts
3 upvotes
Woodbridge
I called in twice today. I used the direct retentions line and signed up for the plan below. (This was for two different cell phone numbers)

$25
350 min
e/w starting at 6pm
unlimited incoming
vm/cid/cf/cw
500 text messages
50 photo/video messaging
R2R
Monthly Credit of $5

So I pay $25 -$5 + 6.95 + .50 + taxes = $30.75

I'm happy.

Btw, i owe it to this thread. thanks everyone for sharing.

:cheesygri
Jun 24, 2008
31 posts
Vancouver
zoravar wrote: I called in twice today. I used the direct retentions line and signed up for the plan below. (This was for two different cell phone numbers)

$25
350 min
e/w starting at 6pm
unlimited incoming
vm/cid/cf/cw
500 text messages
50 photo/video messaging
R2R
Monthly Credit of $5

So I pay $25 -$5 + 6.95 + .50 + taxes = $30.75

I'm happy.

Btw, i owe it to this thread. thanks everyone for sharing.

:cheesygri

SEEMS LIKE THATS THE BEST DEAL SO FAR.... extra 100 mins and more txt and photo/vid msgs than the normal retention plans
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10501 posts
960 upvotes
Vancouver
born2bwild wrote: SEEMS LIKE THATS THE BEST DEAL SO FAR.... extra 100 mins and more txt and photo/vid msgs than the normal retention plans
FINALLY got my plan all sorted out.
$30.80 final
250 daytime minutes
Unlimited evenings + weekends @ FIVE
Caller ID
Name Display
Whocalled
Voicemail
500 SMS / 50 MMS
1000 Canadian LD
Unlimited internet
R2R
Unlimited Incoming

I'm VERY happy with it. Have a number of services w/ Rogers and have been with them for years. I've had my fair share of ups + downs but am glad to see they want to keep me as a customer, and ever since I resigned w/ them for 3 years, I've been a happy camper :)
Dec 21, 2006
109 posts
3 upvotes
Woodbridge
Kaitlyn wrote: FINALLY got my plan all sorted out.
$30.80 final
250 daytime minutes
Caller ID
Name Display
Whocalled
Voicemail
500 SMS / 50 MMS
1000 Canadian LD
Unlimited internet
R2R
Unlimited Incoming

Great Deal! I should've waited for you to post, before i started my quest for a deal.

Does $30.80 include SAF and taxes?

I pushed for LD mins, gave a reason why I needed it, and tried a few more things, but the guy from retentions wouldn't budge.

Good for you.
Mar 26, 2008
135 posts
Toronto, Ontario
$30.80 final
250 daytime minutes
Caller ID
Name Display
Whocalled
Voicemail
500 SMS / 50 MMS
1000 Canadian LD
Unlimited internet
R2R
Unlimited Incoming

I'm VERY happy with it. Have a number of services w/ Rogers and have been with them for years. I've had my fair share of ups + downs but am glad to see they want to keep me as a customer, and ever since I resigned w/ them for 3 years, I've been a happy camper :)

something smells fishy.
i gotta c a bill to believe it, way too much credits. and wut caught me off guard was that unlmtd internet..? :O ..
dfd
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7751 posts
959 upvotes
brownman87 wrote: something smells fishy.
i gotta c a bill to believe it, way too much credits. and wut caught me off guard was that unlmtd internet..? :O ..
Yeah, but you're forgetting she's an RFD Admin. They're above the law.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
125 upvotes
brownman87 wrote: something smells fishy.
$7 u/l browsing.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Oct 6, 2006
198 posts
3 upvotes
$30.80 final
250 daytime minutes
Caller ID
Name Display
Whocalled
Voicemail
500 SMS / 50 MMS
1000 Canadian LD
Unlimited internet
R2R
Unlimited Incoming

wow.. :cry: all of a sudden my retention plan feels like ****. i hate you. :P
Apr 1, 2005
250 posts
3 upvotes
[QUOTE]wow.. all of a sudden my retention plan feels like ****. i hate you. :P[/QUOTE]

You should feel sorry for him
[QUOTE]Unlimited internet[/QUOTE]
That's gona cost him 2 grand the first moment he googles anything, stupid limited unlimited
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10501 posts
960 upvotes
Vancouver
zoravar wrote: Great Deal! I should've waited for you to post, before i started my quest for a deal.

Does $30.80 include SAF and taxes?

I pushed for LD mins, gave a reason why I needed it, and tried a few more things, but the guy from retentions wouldn't budge.

Good for you.
Ya that is the final price after all fees + taxes. Took me a lonngg time to get and I had COUNTLESS issues... but hopefully it's all resolved now.

They got a cable TV package out of me... which I rarely make use of so free money for them... lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)