Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Sr. Member
Nov 23, 2004
789 posts
181 upvotes
HamsterGirl35 wrote:Thanks for your opinion....
When you mentioned "earpiece" do you mean earphone or the phone itself?
Does it come with earphone or something?
i meant the phone itself...

as for an earpiece...i actually got them to throw in a decent pair for free (not the cheap black ones that don't work)...what they did was order a $16 one from the Rogers site and then credit me back that $16 + tax...it's a reallly good earpiece.
Jr. Member
Nov 5, 2004
134 posts
hoyoto wrote:after the 1st year, you may ask to change one of your plan lower to $20 for 200 mins if you don't need that much.

Also, you can sell those 2 E315 for making prob 500 cash right now. :lol:
i am selling it right now for $160 ,,, lol,, tell me where i can sell it for 250 bucks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
freebies_r_us wrote:i meant the phone itself...

as for an earpiece...i actually got them to throw in a decent pair for free (not the cheap black ones that don't work)...what they did was order a $16 one from the Rogers site and then credit me back that $16 + tax...it's a reallly good earpiece.
I should have asked for that!!!!

BTW, does the Nokia 3220 use the standard headset jack? I can plug the standard 2.5mm jack in the Nokia 3595, but the phone will not detect it. :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6965 posts
1259 upvotes
BC
mrken wrote:I should have asked for that!!!!

BTW, does the Nokia 3220 use the standard headset jack? I can plug the standard 2.5mm jack in the Nokia 3595, but the phone will not detect it. :confused:
The Nokia 3220 uses Nokia's new standard pop-port; you can't use any 2.5mm headset on it. Likewise, the 3595 has a 2.5mm plug, but you need a Nokia-specific plug that uses 4 conductors instead of the normal 3...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
hawk8192333 wrote:i am selling it right now for $160 ,,, lol,, tell me where i can sell it for 250 bucks

You can try the buy and sell newspaper. www.buysellzone.com
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
hoyoto wrote:after the 1st year, you may ask to change one of your plan lower to $20 for 200 mins if you don't need that much.

Also, you can sell those 2 E315 for making prob 500 cash right now. :lol:

I am going to use the phones to upgrade my dad's Nokia 3360, and my mom's Motorolla V60

How much do you think those models can sell for?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2003
1010 posts
13 upvotes
Wow, that's good that rep let you get that deal.....good for you ^_^
freebies_r_us wrote:i meant the phone itself...

as for an earpiece...i actually got them to throw in a decent pair for free (not the cheap black ones that don't work)...what they did was order a $16 one from the Rogers site and then credit me back that $16 + tax...it's a reallly good earpiece.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
Kwirky wrote:The Nokia 3220 uses Nokia's new standard pop-port; you can't use any 2.5mm headset on it. Likewise, the 3595 has a 2.5mm plug, but you need a Nokia-specific plug that uses 4 conductors instead of the normal 3...
Why can't they follow Motorola and use standard jacks?!! What I don't understand is why Motorola would not use the industry standard for the call and end buttons (before) but would use the standard 2.5mm jacks. Maybe it's cheaper?

So I would have to pay $4USD to get a headset for the phone. :( What's even more funny is this:
http://www.freeheadset.org/view_phone.p ... AND_ID=NOK
Standard aftermarket quality
I would assume that it means inferior OEM quality. :D

I should have haggled for an OEM when I called. :( Oh well. :( At least this has a speakerphone and lower radiation. (The only reasons I chose this over the Samsung E316)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 4, 2003
1010 posts
13 upvotes
Oh....
Are you telling me Samsung has higher radiation than Mot v220?
(where would I be able to find info like that?)

(Sorry, this is off topic from this thread...)
mrken wrote:I should have haggled for an OEM when I called. :( Oh well. :( At least this has a speakerphone and lower radiation. (The only reasons I chose this over the Samsung E316)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6965 posts
1259 upvotes
BC
HamsterGirl35 wrote:Oh....
Are you telling me Samsung has higher radiation than Mot v220?
(where would I be able to find info like that?)

(Sorry, this is off topic from this thread...)
The 'radiation' level is called the SAR (specific absorbtion rate). You can find the official SAR out from both the FCC and in the user's manual for the phone. If you just want it quick, googling the phone model & SAR usually gets it.

The quick answer is V220: .90 W/Kg, E316: 1.2 W/Kg

More info: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/sar/
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 22, 2003
743 posts
2 upvotes
If we signed up for the new plan, is the plan effective as of now, can I start using the 1500 minutes they honoured me?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6965 posts
1259 upvotes
BC
sarkispc wrote:If we signed up for the new plan, is the plan effective as of now, can I start using the 1500 minutes they honoured me?
They should've told you as much when you called in (you can always call back too). For me, they started it at the end of current billing cycle; on my plan, it means it kicks in on Mar 1st.
Member
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
440 posts
16 upvotes
Kwirky wrote:They should've told you as much when you called in (you can always call back too). For me, they started it at the end of current billing cycle; on my plan, it means it kicks in on Mar 1st.

if they didn't say anything, then go ahead and use the minutes and b!tch at them next month when u get your bill :D
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 14, 2004
3801 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
Hey all! I need some help with this Rogers deal I recently got for my GF.

Ok this is what I got:
$25 retention plan (200 min daytime)
free call display
unlimited evenings 6pm-8am
unlimited weekends

No new phone, no free year, nothing like that. My GF is interested in getting a new phone and she is eligible for a Hardware upgrade. What would be the better option? Callin' rogers and bitching that she wasn't offered a new phone and a free year of calling. Or just go with the hardware upgrade?
It seems as though a lot of people are getting phones offered to them. I called them up and told them to match my GFs plan to mine, which is the one listed above. Should she really be getting a free year and phone too??

Please any advice and/or info is greatly appreciated!
TIA
Proud supporter of Tour for Kids and Ride for Karen!

Come chat live with other RFD'ers on IRC! #redflagdeals on EFNet!



Peace!
Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2004
491 posts
9 upvotes
ok this is really weird...
i called earlier on in the day to setup my gf a account with roger..
what the person gave her was as follow:

20$ for 200 minutes
unlimited local callings for the first 6 months
20$ credit each month for 3 months
and the moto v551 for 80$
and also accessories kit
unlimited eve/wkd after 6

I called later on about my phone and they offered me

20$ for 250 daytime mins
unlimited calling for 12 months or 20$ credit for 12 months
unlimited evenings and weekends after 8
moto v551 for 129$
waived 35$ fee

do you guys think i could of gotten a better deal?

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)