Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Oct 24, 2001
419 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
skanji wrote:Sully, I strongly advise you to remove the above information - specifically the name and number...

This is a *strong* suggestion - please remove the names and numbers of CRs...
Yeah, on second thought I can't imagine this information being a positive for anyone involved.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
sully wrote:Yeah, on second thought I can't imagine this information being a positive for anyone involved.
Thanks Sully...I know a couple of CSRs and believe me, they don't want their names out there...there have been major problems in the past including CSR's losing their jobs for people making false claims of things promised by certain CSR's simple because they got their name off of a forum.

Thanks again - that was really cool of you.
Banned
May 18, 2004
702 posts
Okie, why do ppl still want plan 1171, while CAA promotion with bell seems to be really good.

1) $23 included SAF and Tax - Bell / CAA Offers
20 Unlimited local call with one number
Free voice mail
EW - starts 8pm

2) $35 included SAF and tax - Rogers Offers
200 Weekdays
Free adv voice mail
Free id
EW - starts 6pm

I want to switch to Bell now from rogers, it is just too much $12 different per months!!!! That's $144 saving per month!

Too bad I need to exit a 2-year contract - $200 fee.

What do you think about this?

skanji wrote:Folks - it can't be said enough...

KEEP CALLING BACK!!! Don't worry about the reps that are jerks - call back...

PLAN 1171 available until end of November...get it before Christmas folks...
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17468 posts
980 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
dealers wrote:Okie, why do ppl still want plan 1171, while CAA promotion with bell seems to be really good.
CDMA sucks. used to use my mom's cell, which was Bell. switched her over to Rogers and got one for myself and my brother as well. previously had my own cell with Clearnet from '99 to '02.
reception with rogers is much better than both...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
dealers wrote: 1) $23 included SAF and Tax - Bell / CAA Offers
20 Unlimited local call with one number
Free voice mail
EW - starts 8pm

2) $35 included SAF and tax - Rogers Offers
200 Weekdays
Free adv voice mail
Free id
EW - starts 6pm
Not sure how you arrived at $23 including SAF and Tax with Bell, but either way....the plans are very different. 20 unlimited local calls in one month? Evening at 8? If you are not planning to use your phone very much, that that could be the deal for you...

It ain't the deal for me, and as I suspect, probably won't be the deal that suits other people either...
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11295 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
dealers wrote:Okie, why do ppl still want plan 1171, while CAA promotion with bell seems to be really good.
I want to switch to Bell now from rogers, it is just too much $12 different per months!!!! That's $144 saving per month!
Too bad I need to exit a 2-year contract - $200 fee.
What do you think about this?
I think that anyone who thinks that they will save $144 *per month* switching from Rogers to Bell--when in fact they will save nothing--needs the kind of help that cannot be provided here.

btw with Rogers the maximum cancellation fee is $20 per month until the end of your contract to a maximum of $200. If you have one month left, it's $20, not $200, for example. But you can change your *plan* anytime after the first few months (when you should have had free calling anyway), and pay less that way for the duration, often less expensive than the $20 per month cancellation fee.
Jul 7, 2004
95 posts
Hi,

Has anyone recieve the $25 V300 yeat?

Still have not recieve mine yeat...usually it only take 3 days for Rogers to ship.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8858 posts
1234 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OrcKiller wrote:Hi,

Has anyone recieve the $25 V300 yeat?

Still have not recieve mine yeat...usually it only take 3 days for Rogers to ship.
i was told 7 to 10 business days. :confused:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2003
1938 posts
85 upvotes
Just received a call from Rogers and they are out of stock of refurb V300's and are now giving out refurb V220's

The stupid mother*@#kers at Rogers told me they are sending me a V220 instead, I was like I never agreed to that, cancel my plan. I was getting the same deal through my corporate plan with no contract, only month by month but I wanted the phone. No apologies or anything, love their customer service. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If anyone does get a refurb V300, you're lucky. I won't be getting mine and they won't be getting any more according to two reps that I spoke with, only V220's.

I had even called on the night of the 27th to get that deal, so if any guys got the phone by calling in after the 27th then they purposely screwed me and didn't bother to order the phone at the time I called and maybe a few days later.
Jun 15, 2004
390 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered mine Friday.. got mine today..

The front glass is stratched.. and the camera doesnt work...

are you saying that they are out and wont give me another one?

they better well replace it damn it!
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1003 posts
121 upvotes
Just got off the phone with csr, no referb V300's left but offered a referb'd V220 instead. Yesterday the had the V300....oh well time to wait for the christmas deals I guess.
Aug 10, 2001
820 posts
147 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sorry to tell you this but maybe it helps, I spoke to someone last night and they had the V300 refurb to sell me. CSR did say that they do not recommend the refurbed ones for long contracts.

OOps just read the previous post. I guess they sold them out.

dech302 wrote:Just received a call from Rogers and they are out of stock of refurb V300's and are now giving out refurb V220's

The stupid mother*@#kers at Rogers told me they are sending me a V220 instead, I was like I never agreed to that, cancel my plan. I was getting the same deal through my corporate plan with no contract, only month by month but I wanted the phone. No apologies or anything, love their customer service. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If anyone does get a refurb V300, you're lucky. I won't be getting mine and they won't be getting any more according to two reps that I spoke with, only V220's.

I had even called on the night of the 27th to get that deal, so if any guys got the phone by calling in after the 27th then they purposely screwed me and didn't bother to order the phone at the time I called and maybe a few days later.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2115 posts
112 upvotes
mjdavila wrote:I ordered mine Friday.. got mine today..

dam that sound like the one I sent back..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
Don't know why people would take a chance on refurbs...hopefully Rogers will take it back..
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2003
1938 posts
85 upvotes
mjdavila wrote:I ordered mine Friday.. got mine today..

If they say the phone still works and won't take it back, then nuke the phone and say it stopped working

Nuke = 2-3 seconds in your microwave, internal ic's fried and caps blown, they will never know

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)