Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6099 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
raylao1 wrote:What is the plan Code ?

The key is to be nice when you talk to the person on the phone. Don't be a jerkoff...

Part of that is not referring to the code (1171) - all the CRs will offer it to you automatically.

For all of you asking questions, it's a ton better to CALL Rogers directly and they will answer everything for you (also because there are a ton of repeat questions here that people are too lazy to read earlier posts to get the answers) :mad:
Jan 14, 2003
398 posts
153 upvotes
Thanks for the info... I have been with Rogers for over 7 years and is currently on a month-to-month $20 plan that we have discussed here since May. When I call Customer Service last night, I got a very nice rep. and right away offer me to waive the $32.50 admin fee. As for the hardware:
new phone - need to be locked for 2 years
refur. phone - just need to be locked for 1 year

So, after all set and done, it cost me $25 only for the refur. V300.
Now, can someone help and teach me how to flashed/flexed this Roger V300 to a v600?
Sep 26, 2004
722 posts
3 upvotes
Upper north!
Just called Rogers, got myself into one year contract for 200 mins day time... it's done on a case to case basis,
$25 starts at 6pm to 7am weeknights!
$20 starts at 8pm to 7am weeknights!

Thanks guys!!!
Nov 24, 2002
256 posts
3 upvotes
What are my options as a new customer. I currently have a Bell Contract which is up next month. Can I get in on this as a new customer with Rogers?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
9190 posts
1434 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i'm with rogers wireless for almost 2 years, will call them up to see what i can get :D

btw, u can get 10% off basic plan if u a rogers VIP customer.
Sep 26, 2004
722 posts
3 upvotes
Upper north!
Peeps, how do I get them cut the shipping charge of $35?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2261 posts
234 upvotes
Kevin T wrote:If you have 5 months... the 2 years renewal is it 2 years (which I initially thought and now Im doubting) or 2 years + 5 months.
it is another 2 year from the time you agree to the new contract.. so if you agree today then your old contract will be expire and your new one will take it place..
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2261 posts
234 upvotes
mtevie wrote:Peeps, how do I get them cut the shipping charge of $35?
It hard to get them to waive it.. but some of them will half it for you with not much problem..
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2261 posts
234 upvotes
wlee wrote:i'm with rogers wireless for almost 2 years, will call them up to see what i can get :D

btw, u can get 10% off basic plan if u a rogers VIP customer.
if you got rogers cable or internet as well.. you can get 15% off but you have to agree to a 2 year contract for their cable or internet.. you only need 2 of the 3 rogers services to get this deal..

it is on their website go and check it out.. better choice bundles..
Dec 8, 2003
924 posts
8 upvotes
Just got off the phone with Rogers....
WOW...they gave me the plan no problems, and even threw in Voicemail for free (not just for 8 months).

All I said was that my friend got this deal and I was enquiring about it. I never even mentioned the free vm thing, they just offered it to me.
I wasn't eligible for the phone upgrade though.

Again, like Skanji said, the key is to be SUPER nice to them.

good luck!
Mar 19, 2002
313 posts
161 upvotes
n7n1c1
Here's what "I" got with my "negotiation" with roger's Retention Rep. Shawna.

$25
200 min\Weekday
6pm Evening\Weekend Free
Caller ID
1 Year Contract
$25 Refurbished V300
3 Month Unlimited Local Calling
$35 administration Fee*

* The rep couldn't do the half price admin fee even though i was renewing TWO phone lines (these were on ther old old 2-4-1 share plans). She did give me 1st month free of service, $25, for the primary line.

I also added (paid for) the $7 Essential Value Pack to the primary line which includes:
Call Display(Already included in plan) or Voicemail
$3 navigate Mobile Internet Plan
$2 Text Messaging plan.

Features i didn't get but would have liked for free:
[QUOTE]8 months free of a $10 bundle that includes Call Answer, 75 test msgs per month and internet access[/QUOTE]
I think this was regional specific
[QUOTE]I never even mentioned the free vm thing, they just offered it to me.[/QUOTE]
Could have saved atleast an extra $5 a month

For those who have called and were offered or received "extra" services beyond what is generally given....Caller ID\3 months unlimited etc, please mention your region and what "extra" services or discount you received. Since i was asked by the rep if i was in Toronto cause GTA customer even have their own "Special" rate. I don't know what this special rate included or offered cause i didn't qualify since i'm not GTA resident.

These minor details will help future RFD'ers to obatin the maximum bang for there buck. BTW, i have been with Roger's for 3+years and my bills are usually $80++ per phone line. Even with being polite and curtious, i was only able to get so much out of them. It seems as though they have a list of things to offer you when they pull your account up, but only offer the minimum until request or inquire.

**As posted before....these are on a per case bases. Not everyone will get the exact same offer other than the original Max Air retention renewal plan.

Thank for reading!
Heatware Reference Tyger
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7011 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
Called number and was not offered this plan even though she asked for the plan number (1171) which I gave. She insisted it was no longer a valid plan. Also said no V300s are available.

I'm a pay-go customer so things are not stacked in my favour.

Don't know what to do now. May call back later and try and speak to somebody else.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6099 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
Styx555 wrote:What are my options as a new customer. I currently have a Bell Contract which is up next month. Can I get in on this as a new customer with Rogers?
1) Call 1-888-936-7283
2) Be super nice.
3) If you don't get what you are looking for, call back to a maximum of 3 times.
4) Report back here
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17703 posts
1241 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
this is the corp. plan i got offered (new customer, havent had a cellphone for 2 years, was previously clearnet/telus customer and hated it)

$30 + system fees (so $37)

200 minutes weekday
unlimited eve/wkend
eve/wkend = 6pm to 8am
free call display
free Enhanced voicemail (35 msgs x 5 minutes long, 10 days)
discounted long distance ($0.15) USA/Canada

Good deal or can I do better? it's corporate so i'd be providing proof of employment, etc.

Dunno, it smells pretty good to me... experts opinion?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)