Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Jr. Member
Jan 26, 2003
128 posts
Admin fee for changing phones? Isn't this just a cashgrab.. I mean.. you recieve new phone, pop out SIM Card from old phone, pop it into the new one.. done...

Although I can see them actually having to do work when moving from pay as you go..
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2115 posts
112 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:this is the corp. plan i got offered (new customer, havent had a cellphone for 2 years, was previously clearnet/telus customer and hated it)

$30 + system fees (so $37)

200 minutes weekday
unlimited eve/wkend
eve/wkend = 6pm to 8am
free call display
free Enhanced voicemail (35 msgs x 5 minutes long, 10 days)
discounted long distance ($0.15) USA/Canada

Good deal or can I do better? it's corporate so i'd be providing proof of employment, etc.

Dunno, it smells pretty good to me... experts opinion?
it looks like the same deal that other ppl are getting.. early eve/wkend $5, vm $5..

so it would of been the $20 plan..
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2003
822 posts
14 upvotes
Newmarket
Thanx for the heads up, I just signed on for the $25 plan and got the phone for $17.50 for shipping.
The first rep i spoke to was some chick, she was a total B**** and wouldn't offer me the free caller id, and it had to be a 3 year contract for the phone! So i just told her to piss off and called an hour later and got another rep. The second rep was awesome, free caller id, free voicemail, billing by the second, 2 yr contract, 1st 3months unlimited, and he even threw in a free head set!!!!

the billing by the second and headset was an added bonus cuz we were just shoot'n the sh!t over the phone, talking about school tuition!!! very cool guy, if you call...ask for dan in the retention/cancelation department!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 3, 2004
5933 posts
586 upvotes
I just called in an changed my plan to this

$20 per month
200 anytime
Unlimited Everning and Weekend
Free Caller ID

Cheapest plan ever

and they threw in 3months of unlimited calling, and like others have said, BE POLITE, BE VERY POLITE and they just might give u sumthin' extra. ;)
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17474 posts
985 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
zzricezz wrote:it looks like the same deal that other ppl are getting.. early eve/wkend $5, vm $5..

so it would of been the $20 plan..
yup, but i get enhanced voicemail which is worth $8, not $5

and the L.D. discount, which is actually a $4 package on the rogers site - not sure if that one is included in the earlier mentioned plan.

think i`m going to take it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
TDA wrote:Admin fee for changing phones? Isn't this just a cashgrab.. I mean.. you recieve new phone, pop out SIM Card from old phone, pop it into the new one.. done...

Although I can see them actually having to do work when moving from pay as you go..
Isn't getting a free phone everytime a product grab? Either way, most people don't have to pay the Admin fee, or if they do, they have to pay a smaller charge than the $35...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
Is this 1171 plan billed-by-the-minute or billed-by-the-second?
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
2115 posts
112 upvotes
hytong wrote:Is this 1171 plan billed-by-the-minute or billed-by-the-second?
Rogers no longer have billed by the second.. so i don't know how that guy even got it.. maybe he was mis-lead? Rogers was giving out these good deals back last year to try to get people off their old plans that had billed-by-second.. it would be stupid for them to offer it again..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
This plan 1171 is NOT for pay as you go customers.

For those that want to continue looking for that deal as a pay as you go customer, best of luck...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 26, 2004
722 posts
3 upvotes
Upper north!
I called in and got the 1 year plan with only free call display , 200 mins and free evenings/weekends with NO VOICEMAIL, NO SHIPPING DISCOUNT!!!


What shall I do???
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2004
890 posts
37 upvotes
Markham
Got the retention plan from Rogers last week.

$20 no SAF.
200 minutes (by the minute only)
Unlimited weekday from 6PM
Unlimited weekend
Caller ID
V-mail

No admin fee
Free phone upgrade (Nokia 3210)
Free head set
Free car charger

Two year contract.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
mtevie wrote:I called in and got the 1 year plan with only free call display , 200 mins and free evenings/weekends with NO VOICEMAIL, NO SHIPPING DISCOUNT!!!


What shall I do???
If you are only willing to sign one year, that's what you get...

YOU have to make the call if it's good or not. For one year, that's a fair deal.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
aw124 wrote:Got the retention plan from Rogers last week.

$20 no SAF.
200 minutes (by the minute only)
Unlimited weekday from 6PM
Unlimited weekend
Caller ID
V-mail

No admin fee
Free phone upgrade (Nokia 3210)
Free head set
Free car charger

Two year contract.
Pretty good deal, although IMO the Nokia 3210 sucks arse! That's probaby why you scored the free head set and charger.

Folks, do not expect to get evenings starting at 6pm for $20...just a warning in advance...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 23, 2003
822 posts
14 upvotes
Newmarket
I got billing by the second cuz the guy i talked to was totally cool, you can try to talk them into billing by the second, they can do it, but its really up to you to act nice and get on their good side!!!!! he pretty much maxed out on all the deals for me!!!!


zzricezz wrote:Rogers no longer have billed by the second.. so i don't know how that guy even got it.. maybe he was mis-lead? Rogers was giving out these good deals back last year to try to get people off their old plans that had billed-by-second.. it would be stupid for them to offer it again..
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 26, 2004
722 posts
3 upvotes
Upper north!
Have anyone received the V300? is it in Mint condition?? or crappy!????

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)