Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Dec 16, 2003
743 posts
144 upvotes
Ajax
Tyger wrote:Here's what "I" got with my "negotiation" with roger's Retention Rep. Shawna.

$25
200 min\Weekday
6pm Evening\Weekend Free
Caller ID
1 Year Contract
$25 Refurbished V300
3 Month Unlimited Local Calling
$35 administration Fee*

* The rep couldn't do the half price admin fee even though i was renewing TWO phone lines (these were on ther old old 2-4-1 share plans). She did give me 1st month free of service, $25, for the primary line.

I also added (paid for) the $7 Essential Value Pack to the primary line which includes:
Call Display(Already included in plan) or Voicemail
$3 navigate Mobile Internet Plan
$2 Text Messaging plan.

Features i didn't get but would have liked for free:

I think this was regional specific

Could have saved atleast an extra $5 a month

For those who have called and were offered or received "extra" services beyond what is generally given....Caller ID\3 months unlimited etc, please mention your region and what "extra" services or discount you received. Since i was asked by the rep if i was in Toronto cause GTA customer even have their own "Special" rate. I don't know what this special rate included or offered cause i didn't qualify since i'm not GTA resident.

These minor details will help future RFD'ers to obatin the maximum bang for there buck. BTW, i have been with Roger's for 3+years and my bills are usually $80++ per phone line. Even with being polite and curtious, i was only able to get so much out of them. It seems as though they have a list of things to offer you when they pull your account up, but only offer the minimum until request or inquire.

**As posted before....these are on a per case bases. Not everyone will get the exact same offer other than the original Max Air retention renewal plan.

Thank for reading!
I tried getting the same plan but the rep said that it was NOT applicable for me even though I am now done my 2 years plan. I too have a 2-1 plan as my father has another line with me. I told the rep the plan # and everything and she still would not do it for me. Did you have to play like you were cancelling your plan or something?

Thanks!
Sep 26, 2004
722 posts
3 upvotes
Upper north!
Did you guys know that after 1 year contract(or end of yoru contract), ur call display will be charge $5???
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
1547 posts
9 upvotes
skanji wrote:This plan 1171 is NOT for pay as you go customers.

For those that want to continue looking for that deal as a pay as you go customer, best of luck...
Cannot a prepaid customer switch to a regularly advertised monthly plan (on a monthly term) and then call up to request this plan?

My sis has prepaid now, and wants to change phones and also her #
I recommended her to stay on prepaid but this plan might be good for her. However she was told to change #s (and stay on prepaid) or switch to a monthly plan she would lose the balance in her account, which sucks. If that is the case then she will probably use up her balance before doing anything.

So how would someone wanting this plan as a new subscriber go about getting it, would they have to activate on a regular monthly plan and then request a change?

I don't get the phone upgrade offer as part of this - is this only availble to those with HUP (hardware upgrade) eligibility? Usually to get a HUP price on a phone you need to sign a 2 year term I thought.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
mtevie wrote:Did you guys know that after 1 year contract(or end of yoru contract), ur call display will be charge $5???
Hmmm interesting...it is possible...

But if your contract passes and you don't renew, this makes sense...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
pluto wrote:Cannot a prepaid customer switch to a regularly advertised monthly plan (on a monthly term) and then call up to request this plan?

My sis has prepaid now, and wants to change phones and also her #
I recommended her to stay on prepaid but this plan might be good for her. However she was told to change #s (and stay on prepaid) or switch to a monthly plan she would lose the balance in her account, which sucks. If that is the case then she will probably use up her balance before doing anything.

So how would someone wanting this plan as a new subscriber go about getting it, would they have to activate on a regular monthly plan and then request a change?

I don't get the phone upgrade offer as part of this - is this only availble to those with HUP (hardware upgrade) eligibility? Usually to get a HUP price on a phone you need to sign a 2 year term I thought.
(Repeat after me...)
1) Call 1-888-936-7283
2) Be super nice.
3) If you don't get what you are looking for, call back to a maximum of 3 times.
4) Report back here
Sep 26, 2004
722 posts
3 upvotes
Upper north!
I called and my friends called, the discplay will be charge after your contract period ends which is $5 per month!
May 28, 2004
531 posts
232 upvotes
The account is under my father's name, so they won't speak to me about the account. Any suggestions as to how I can get around this?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6061 posts
50 upvotes
Ottawa
(from hofo)

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE 6 MONTHS FREE UNLIMITED CALLING FROM ROGERS???

All new acts for the next three days get 6 mo.s UL calling.

Existing customers can also get it by simply re-commiting to a 2 or 3 year term.

So, call in at 1.888.936.7283, re-commit, and enjoy 6 months Unlimited Calling!!

Here is the posting:

Start Date: October 28, 2004
End Date: October 31, 2004
Regions: BC, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec
Bulletin: #2004-10-28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 Months Unlimited Local Calling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to aggressive pricing activity from Bell and Telus, Rogers Wireless will offer 6 months unlimited local calling to all eligible activations between Thursday, Oct. 28 and Sunday, Oct 31.

Eligibility:
New 2 or 3-year term activations on:

Consumer rate card (easy4U plans)
Mega Time (all versions)
Family Plan (primary and secondary lines)
Business (GBM) rate card
The $40 plan (350 with unlimited E&W)
Notes:

Unlimited SMS/Picture messaging bonus remains at 3 months
All bonuses are applied automatically upon activation
Existing customers are eligible providing they renew onto a 2 or 3-year term plan
Exclusions – corporate, corporate EPP, One Rate, Self-Adjusting and Fair Share plans.

...now with said, I only got 3 months free by calling about 5 minutes ago, but I'll take it!!!

Please do not ask questions here that have already been asked. CALL ROGERS AND ASK THEM!!!

Please post back here and let me know what you guys got...

skanji is in the giving mood!!! well, thank hofo!
Mar 19, 2002
295 posts
124 upvotes
n7n1c1
[QUOTE]I tried getting the same plan but the rep said that it was NOT applicable for me even though I am now done my 2 years plan. I too have a 2-1 plan as my father has another line with me. I told the rep the plan # and everything and she still would not do it for me. Did you have to play like you were cancelling your plan or something?[/QUOTE]

My original contract has been up for a long time. I forgot to mention that i split up the two phone numbers into separate accounts and applied the Max Air plan to both.
Heatware Reference Tyger
Jul 7, 2004
95 posts
maceyr wrote:Most plans do not include the SAF fee and 911 emergency fee. So, tack on the $6.95 + 0.50 = $7.45 plus your applicable taxes.

Rogers currently doesn't have an all inclusive plan that includes the SAF fee. The only ones that seem cheap are the retension plans (only for those out of contract). I currently am on the 40 mins one and it now costs $14.24 (taxes included. They give you a $5 credit but tack on the SAF). If you've finished your contract, call up retensions and ask what kind of plan they can offer. These retension plans are that, a plan to retain customers from going to the competition.
Hi, my two years contract with Rogers Wireless in July. Can you please tell me the number to call the Retension Department.

Is the Retension number the same as 1-888-936-7283?
Thanks.
Oct 13, 2003
65 posts
So wierd. I just called and she said she didn't have a plan similar to that and she most certainly would not be able to change my phone mid contract. I'm currently in a two year contract.
Apr 2, 2003
146 posts
13 upvotes
somewhere in Canada
OrcKiller wrote: Is the Retension number the same as 1-888-936-7283?
Thanks.
Yes. Or, you can call Rogers wireless and asked to be transferred to customer relations dept (same thing except that it sounds better).
Dec 8, 2003
920 posts
7 upvotes
skanji wrote:(Repeat after me...)
1) Call 1-888-936-7283
2) Be super nice.
3) If you don't get what you are looking for, call back to a maximum of 3 times.
4) Report back here
Newsflash to the people who did not get in on the deal yet:

SKANJI'S STEPS ACTUALLY WORK! follow them.

BTW...my free vm thing is enhanced, as she said I would retain what I have now, which is the enhanced service, and my region is GTA.

Thanks for your great post Skanji. Your "steps to success" saved me a bundle. lol.
Nov 26, 2003
702 posts
20 upvotes
Just called and got mine, too.

Thanks for the great post.
Wait until you have kids😂
Oct 26, 2004
71 posts
i just called and the lady had no freaking clue what i was talking about :( is this still offered in the GTA ?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)