Expired Hot Deals

Locked: [Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2004
1688 posts
19 upvotes
North York
mk316 wrote:This is for all of you who already signed up for commitments with rogers on these new recent plans.

Do you actually get to see a copy of the contract that you commited to since all we do is through the phone to commit with them do they mail you a copy to sign and send back. Or is this a verbal contract without us seeing the terms of the contract.
it's a verbal contract
Dec 18, 2003
562 posts
104 upvotes
at the end the guy did't read out any contract like they do last year... he just say the order is done and your phone will come within the week....and my new plan start on the next billing cycle..(damnit... my "plan" extream useage of my cell is going to be on the 23th.....my next billing cycle is the 28th) (maybe becouse i clearly ask about canaelation frees and crap like that)
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14103 posts
2182 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
mrken wrote:Would the T637 or the 3220 be better? I still can't decide... they both have similar features. But the 3220 has a much lower SAR value than the T637...
How is the battery life of both? I don't think I will need Bluetooth in the near future.
SE T637 is still higher $ on a contract vs Nokia 3220 which is $0 on some contracts. Bluetooth is the technology of the future. and SE looks more professional. Nokia has a video camera in it but looks very kiddy like.

or
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:SE T637 is still higher $ on a contract vs Nokia 3220 which is $0 on some contracts. Bluetooth is the technology of the future. and SE looks more professional. Nokia has a video camera in it but looks very kiddy like.

or
Thanks for the information. So the T637 is better in almost all respects except:
no speakerphone
higher radiation
(bad camera? - from CNET)

How about the V551? Is it similar to the V505? It received high praise from CNET.

I think I will wait until the end of January when my contract expires. Maybe I will have more leverage then. I have been a Rogers customer for almost three years, but under three accounts. (One per year) So I guess I am considered a short customer by Rogers. :( I wonder whether they can look my other accounts up. :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14103 posts
2182 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
V551 is nice..It has Bluetooth along with EDGE for data. But $199 on 3 year contract.Its a flip phone as well. Good RF as well.

High SAR doesnt necessarily mean bad phone though. Use the bluetooth headset and have 0 SAR lol
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1313 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
mrken wrote:Thanks for the information. So the T637 is better in almost all respects except:
no speakerphone
higher radiation
(bad camera? - from CNET)

<snip</i>
I agree with weedb0y... radiation = signal. How else does your phone "magically" pick up data in mid air? ;) Anyways, higher signal = higher radiation... there are ways to design the phone/etc to shield it or whatnot, but in the end, 0 radiation = 0 signal. ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2004
2115 posts
101 upvotes
GTA
sweet, got my dad this deal

1st year $0 - 6.95 admin free + 911 fee

2nd & 3rd -$20 250 min, unlim evg & week @ 8

free caller id for term
free mp3 player
no activation fee
free T637

how i did this? called, asked for marc, he was super super nice, told him bell and telus offered me this and that, he obliged on everything EXCEPT the 1st year unlim calling @ $0, that took a little pressure but he obliged, basically said he didnt want to lose my fathers business cause my pops has been with them for over 10 years i think.
Dec 18, 2003
562 posts
104 upvotes
Geese_Howard wrote:sweet, got my dad this deal

1st year $0 - 6.95 admin free + 911 fee

2nd & 3rd -$20 250 min, unlim evg & week @ 8

free caller id for term
free mp3 player
no activation fee
free T637

how i did this? called, asked for marc, he was super super nice, told him bell and telus offered me this and that, he obliged on everything EXCEPT the 1st year unlim calling @ $0, that took a little pressure but he obliged, basically said he didnt want to lose my fathers business cause my pops has been with them for over 10 years i think.
likey your dad spent alot of money over those year......the guy i got try to offer me the mp3 ....but the system would not let him and the superviser would not let him........reson is that i don spent enough with rogers......been with them with 2 year but only on an 14$/40min plan.....my concludion is that only big spender get big deals...

also how do u get them to swich to 20$ starting at 8pm automaticy after the year?... the guy i talk to just told me to call back next year to swich...the 20$ plan is an 2 year contract so is almost as good as them matching the telus 25$ plan....
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
2953 posts
10 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:High SAR doesnt necessarily mean bad phone though. Use the bluetooth headset and have 0 SAR lol
High SAR = badly designed RF components.
I haven't tested Bluetooths, but I am pretty sure they will have some radiation. Especially when it is right beside the ear...
BTW, analogue cordless phones radiate much more than cellphones, eventhough the range is much shorter...
Ice wrote:I agree with weedb0y... radiation = signal. How else does your phone "magically" pick up data in mid air? ;) Anyways, higher signal = higher radiation... there are ways to design the phone/etc to shield it or whatnot, but in the end, 0 radiation = 0 signal. ;)
Okay, okay. Higher SAR value. Happy? :D

SAR = radiation into the head, not radiation to the cellphone towers. If it was properly designed, then it would have a low SAR rate AND good reception. But directivity isn't really good with antennas so small, unless a higher frequency is used. But then there would be less coverage and more radiation at the outer sphere of the cellphone towers. :( Catch 22...

I thought the V551 was free. :( I guess I am going for the 3220 then.

Rogers won't fix my Nokia 3595 because there is "moisture damage"!! Anyway I can get around that? (I went to a dealer, so maybe I should try another dealer?) Rogers said that the dealer will inspect the phone and send it back to Nokia for repair or replacement.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11295 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
[Quote]Rogers won't fix my Nokia 3595 because there is "moisture damage"!! Anyway I can get around that? (I went to a dealer, so maybe I should try another dealer?) Rogers said that the dealer will inspect the phone and send it back to Nokia for repair or replacement.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind also that many Nokia 3595s sold after last Boxing Day are refurbished, so warranties may vary--but may still be for one year. In any case, those Boxing Day 3595s are nearly out of warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6569 posts
167 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote:T637 was comparable to V600 just few months ago. Its like the 2nd highest SE product out there (atleast in Americas). Decent RF, nice looks but camera isnt the best out there.
I know many who have SE phones. 50% are ok with the reception and quality of the "basics", 50% are not. I am also one of those not happy. Reception isnt that great and the unit is flaky. Furthermore, SE's customer support sucks. They dont even have an offical SE repair depot in Canada. Personally, I would only use a SE if someone gave it to me, otherwise, no thank you.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1216 posts
131 upvotes
I've got the v300 a few weeks ago from them for $70 and I still have a week or so to return it. I hear you guys are getting the T637 for free so I might sign for 3 yrs if this is the case. I know the t637 has bluetooth and software but how does this compare to the v300? I love the huge screen of the v300 though... bigger than the T637
May 10, 2003
134 posts
1 upvote
Arviat
I called my rep at rogers and had to tell her about the new plan that came out she could not believe that I could get the first year free and with 700 mins for $45 mth. She had to call the number to find out. She told me to stay away from the Sony phones. Bad Rap maybe. But comparing the talk time on the website, this phone seems to have a good battery time for talk and standby and beats the other phones hands down. Also I was looking at the rogers website and it says that there is a hands free headset that should come with the SE T637 bundled. Can anyone confirm what kind comes with it? Bluetooth maybe?
Thanks, :D
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11295 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
Pavel wrote:I know many who have SE phones. 50% are ok with the reception and quality of the "basics", 50% are not. I am also one of those not happy. Reception isnt that great and the unit is flaky. Furthermore, SE's customer support sucks. They dont even have an offical SE repair depot in Canada. Personally, I would only use a SE if someone gave it to me, otherwise, no thank you.

Meanwhile, on planet earth:

Canada
1-800-668-2101 or 919-472-7908
30 Victoria Cr. Brampton, ON L6T-1E4. (905) 459-5522

Ericsson Communications Canada (905) 629-6890
5225 Satellite Dr Mississauga, ON L4W 5E3

Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1313 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
dealman wrote:I called my rep at rogers and had to tell her about the new plan that came out she could not believe that I could get the first year free and with 700 mins for $45 mth. She had to call the number to find out. She told me to stay away from the Sony phones. Bad Rap maybe. But comparing the talk time on the website, this phone seems to have a good battery time for talk and standby and beats the other phones hands down. Also I was looking at the rogers website and it says that there is a hands free headset that should come with the SE T637 bundled. Can anyone confirm what kind comes with it? Bluetooth maybe?
Thanks, :D
A lot of people are happy with Sony phones. A friend of mine loves her T616 except for the poor camera quality. I can't confirm what, if any, headset it comes with but I doubt it would be Bluetooth. Most likely it's a standard corded headset. :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)