Expired Hot Deals

Home Depot

Husky Electric Pressure Washer 1650 PSI - $99 at Home Depot ($80 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2009 9:09 am
[OP]
Apr 1, 2008
84 posts
6 upvotes

[Home Depot] Husky Electric Pressure Washer 1650 PSI - $99 at Home Depot ($80 off)

I don't think this is posted anywhere in the forums. If it is please don't bite my head off.

I think this is a steal for a good (green) pressure washer that will fill most household needs.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... PartNumber

Note that it's electric not gas. It's in the flyer for this week and I think it's available four days only sale Apr 2-5. It says $179.00 online but in the ad for this week it's $80 off.

Good luck!
24 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16393 posts
11456 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal.

I would think returns would be easier at HD than at Canadian Tire for their Simoniz washers.

CT makes you deal with the repair facilities directly.

If my Simoniz washer didn't still work, I'd grab one of these.

Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6420 posts
1270 upvotes
Ontario
it has decent reviews. might pick one up. thanks.
Dec 10, 2003
628 posts
23 upvotes
Halifax
I picked one of these up for $79 last spring, works great for light duty cleaning!
2007 Game On! With Sidney - gave up...too many pins
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Looks good, does this have other accessories you can buy for it?
"The beatings will continue until morale improves". :twisted:

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
[OP]
Apr 1, 2008
84 posts
6 upvotes
insanity wrote: Thanks OP. Looks good, does this have other accessories you can buy for it?
I was looking for other accessories as well, but couldn't find a definitive answer on it. I found a few generic pressure washer replacement wands/gun, but that's about it.
Jul 4, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
Anyone have any experience with Husky pressure washers? Googled some reviews and they seem quite bad... especially the 1750psi model... :confused:
[OP]
Apr 1, 2008
84 posts
6 upvotes
ao_tenshi wrote: Anyone have any experience with Husky pressure washers? Googled some reviews and they seem quite bad... especially the 1750psi model... :confused:
What?! You don't trust the Home Depot reviews?! :D
Jul 4, 2005
485 posts
24 upvotes
nabeelshah wrote: What?! You don't trust the Home Depot reviews?! :D
The more i've read about husky pressure washer the more im convinced to stay away from this brand... from the general opinions this is comparable to Simoniz from CT. And HD refuse to accept returns of broken washers after 90days :S...
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
ao_tenshi wrote: Anyone have any experience with Husky pressure washers? Googled some reviews and they seem quite bad... especially the 1750psi model... :confused:
This one is 1650 so it might not be an issue. I'm afraid of touching anything with a Simoniz brand on it since all the bad reviews here on RFD. I was hoping that Husky would be better.

"There are those who make things happen. Those who watch things happen. And finally those who sit and wonder what the 'hell' happened!"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6420 posts
1270 upvotes
Ontario
insanity wrote: This one is 1650 so it might not be an issue. I'm afraid of touching anything with a Simoniz brand on it since all the bad reviews here on RFD. I was hoping that Husky would be better.
+1 stay away from Simoniz. Nothing but bad things I hear about it.
Dec 10, 2006
2699 posts
3418 upvotes
Toronto
arfeifei wrote: I think I am going to stay away from this one :cheesygri
http://www.attention-to-details.com/new ... o-keep.asp
Looks like quality control is absent so yes, stay away but for some of the comments in that thread, let's face it - buying an $89 pressure washer is like buying a $9 coffee maker. If you buy at the very low end of the price point you can't expect build quality suitable for use every day and/or under extreme conditions.
Dec 9, 2007
955 posts
31 upvotes
toronto_slim wrote: Looks like quality control is absent so yes, stay away but for some of the comments in that thread, let's face it - buying an $89 pressure washer is like buying a $9 coffee maker. If you buy at the very low end of the price point you can't expect build quality suitable for use every day and/or under extreme conditions.
Totally agree but even 200$+ models do not look any better. I'm pretty sure general assumption is - electric power washer = very light household use so build quality is appropriate. Want something which will last under moderate use - buy a gas one but do not expect it be that cheap (I do have HD model with docking station and it's still working after 3 years but I use it may be 2-3 times a season).
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
2015 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I bought mine yesterday but have not opened it up. I think I'm going to return it! Is there any affordable washer out there under $150 that people actually recommend...Simoniz, Husky, Kracher all seem to be out of question now.

Oct 22, 2007
229 posts
1 upvote
ON
I wanted something small since I'll only be using it a few times a year (spring & fall) and saw a POWER WASHER brand pressure washer going for $99 instead of the usually $179.

1650 PSI with onboard chem tank so I said what the hell and picked it up, paid an extra $9 to guarantee it for 2 years. Tried it out as soon as I got home and "WOW". Very powerful little unit. I only wanted to clean my patio stones but ended cleaning my exterior windows, doors, siding, fence and bbq. I just couldn't put it down. :cheesygri
Mar 10, 2004
377 posts
42 upvotes
Mississauga
Was it this one?

LINK

Was this an in store sale only? Which Store did you get it from?

Thanks
Oct 22, 2007
229 posts
1 upvote
ON
That's the one. I'm located in Ottawa and seen these on sale in 2 different locations, Kanata HD and South Keys HD. Picked mine up at South Keys.

It would seem to me that it is an in-store sale given that the link provided still says it's $179.00

It also would seem like a chain wide sale given that the price was the same in 2 different locations.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1247 posts
980 upvotes
Ottawa
Got the same one last year when it was on sale. Works great, even on low well pressure. Hopefully it still works this year!