Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hyundai

Hyundai Promotions and Pricing

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2015 8:55 am
Sep 12, 2007
154 posts
32 upvotes
jmgk wrote: It was more of a conceptual thing. I don't know where to find the actual figures.

I just thought that understanding how a holdback works could save someone a couple $100.

Yes, good point.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1228 posts
484 upvotes
Calgary
picked up a touring GL for $253/mo OTR including Block heater, mud flaps and 6 year oil change in Calgary.
Feb 4, 2009
12 posts
1 upvote
frostiex wrote: picked up a touring GL for $253/mo OTR including Block heater, mud flaps and 6 year oil change in Calgary.

Congratulations! Looks like you paid SMRP and managed to bargain on the options, then? Did you attempt to negotiate from the invoice price and find them unbudgeable, or did you just decide not to bother with the hassle of the car-salesman dance?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2007
1228 posts
484 upvotes
Calgary
616Nickel wrote: Congratulations! Looks like you paid SMRP and managed to bargain on the options, then? Did you attempt to negotiate from the invoice price and find them unbudgeable, or did you just decide not to bother with the hassle of the car-salesman dance?

I did negotiate on the invoice price, but I looked at a CCC report and the markup was Just over 1000. so I knew it was hard for them to budge a lot as the margin is a lot smaller on these budget cars. They did end up giving me invoice +$500. Waived the admin fees, the tire warranty, the glass etching. Included the block heater and mud flaps.

It wasn't too bad. Originally it was MSRP + block heater + mud flap + admin fees + tire warranty + the security package. Everything came to over $23k. I told them, I am not going to beat the bushes and will buy if the price was right.

The sales person kept asking me for the price I want to pay. So I told him, the GLS for the price of the GL. Of course he refused and he kept hounding me for a price. Bu I told him, I gave u the price, now you have to give me a return offer if u don't feel my price is far then give me one that u feel that is fair and we will go from there.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2699 posts
784 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I did negotiate on the invoice price, but I looked at a CCC report and the markup was Just over 1000. so I knew it was hard for them to budge a lot as the margin is a lot smaller on these budget cars. They did end up giving me invoice +$500. Waived the admin fees, the tire warranty, the glass etching. Included the block heater and mud flaps.

It wasn't too bad. Originally it was MSRP + block heater + mud flap + admin fees + tire warranty + the security package. Everything came to over $23k. I told them, I am not going to beat the bushes and will buy if the price was right.

The sales person kept asking me for the price I want to pay. So I told him, the GLS for the price of the GL. Of course he refused and he kept hounding me for a price. Bu I told him, I gave u the price, now you have to give me a return offer if u don't feel my price is far then give me one that u feel that is fair and we will go from there.
Nicely done.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2006
1483 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately we Canadians still get ripped off by auto makers and dealers, I just checked the Hyundai US website and MSRP of Sonata GLS is about $5000 cheaper in US, not to mention Canadian dollar is above $1.04 USD these days ....

oh well... > :(
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
3817 posts
706 upvotes
Mississauga
to import and take loan/line of credit would cost probably more then this deal.

still sucks thou (coming from someone who imported in 2007) i hate the fact its like this.
Oct 7, 2007
628 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
Keep in mind there's no warranty on Hyundais imported to Canada.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2010
2764 posts
183 upvotes
greedyemu wrote: I'm somewhat new to buying new. I went to the dealer yesterday for the Elantra Touring GLS. They quoted me $29,430 all-in. They also refused to bump up the warranty to the 7 year. They claimed they had never heard of this happening ANYWHERE. I told him I won't be buying from him unless he can do this for me. I assume they're just playing typical car dealer games and will phone me with an offer in a couple days.

By my calculations I should be able to walk out of there with the GLS for $25333.28. That's including $2700 in tax and their $1500 Delivery & Destination fees. This works out to be $150 bi-weekly for the 84 months.

I should be able to get them to knock about $1000 off the pre-tax price still, no? Or should I push for the 7 year warranty?

Might as well ask for it for $10000 all in and claim you won't buy from them unless he can do this. :lol:
Nov 25, 2006
92 posts
43 upvotes
RICHMOND
Abel4Life wrote: Might as well ask for it for $10000 all in and claim you won't buy from them unless he can do this. :lol:

What are you implying? I drove away with the car yesterday for the price I wanted. And yes, the first dealer I went to I told him I wouldn't buy from him unless he did it, and I walked easily.
Aug 30, 2008
909 posts
184 upvotes
ON
a2vr6 wrote: Thats a big ripoff and I would not buy anything from a dealer that tries to sneak that cost into the final price. Especially if they do not mention it. You are NOT obligated to pay for this. If you don't mind me asking, was this through Sisley Hyundai?

Is that the same Sisley that owns Sisley Honda? I remember this guy at Sisley Honda that outright told me those security/etching fees were mandatory and they would show me bill of sales from other cars that had that fee. Uh....doesn't that just mean they managed to get someone else to fall for their scams. -_- Sigh...

Here is a print out from OMVIC that supports the fact that those "fees" are not mandatory: http://www.omvic.on.ca/pdf/OMVIC%20bull ... 2005-2.pdf
Dec 14, 2001
643 posts
516 upvotes
stardustcross wrote: Is that the same Sisley that owns Sisley Honda? I remember this guy at Sisley Honda that outright told me those security/etching fees were mandatory and they would show me bill of sales from other cars that had that fee. Uh....doesn't that just mean they managed to get someone else to fall for their scams. -_- Sigh...

Here is a print out from OMVIC that supports the fact that those "fees" are not mandatory: http://www.omvic.on.ca/pdf/OMVIC%20bull ... 2005-2.pdf
When I called my dealer on this fee, they explained what it was but offered to remove it if I wished. I told them to remove it and they did.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2004
1390 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
stardustcross wrote: Is that the same Sisley that owns Sisley Honda? I remember this guy at Sisley Honda that outright told me those security/etching fees were mandatory and they would show me bill of sales from other cars that had that fee. Uh....doesn't that just mean they managed to get someone else to fall for their scams. -_- Sigh...

One and the same people, I would never buy anything from that dealership. I also dealt with the sisley honda back in the day, also a bunch of scammers. Cross these guys off your list, lol I remember Sisley Hyundai said they would not sell the car without the security etching because they would lose their license. hahahah.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2126 posts
1545 upvotes
I'm hoping they have a promo similar to this later this year/sometime next year when I'll be looking at a new Veloster...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2001
8233 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Hyundai has come a long way since 2001/02. That Genesis model and arguably the Sonata are pretty good these days based on Value and Quality. Award winning in some case.
Trifid wrote: My 2002 Hyundai Sonata was by far the worst car I have EVER owned (and I've owned Fords in the 1980's :facepalm: ).

There were/are no after market parts; Brake Rotors were $160 each, paper thin, and couldn't be machined even once. By comparison, at the time Impala Rotors cost $120 and could be machined 3-4 times. Same went for every other part - the best being the O2 sensor that was not in stock in North America and took 6 weeks to come from oversea's... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hyundai's are cheap out the door, but kill you on parts and repairs over the life of the vehicle (which I would say is no more than 5 years).
Nov 17, 2010
155 posts
32 upvotes
Looking to get an Elantra 2011 GL, was quoted list price by the vendor...

He mentionned 3k rebate if i pay cash

Anyone else purchased an Elantra, how much you paid?
Aug 22, 2003
126 posts
1 upvote
larry81 wrote: Looking to get an Elantra 2011 GL, was quoted list price by the vendor...

Seriously? I'd buy this if there was a $3k rebate. Please let me know how you got offered this.
RF
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2003
1404 posts
158 upvotes
larry81 wrote: Looking to get an Elantra 2011 GL, was quoted list price by the vendor...

there is no 3k cash rebate for Elantra. He is either confused with a Sonata or just lying to you.
Nov 17, 2010
155 posts
32 upvotes
nuropa wrote: there is no 3k cash rebate for Elantra. He is either confused with a Sonata or just lying to you.

just confirmed this is for the sonata...

what is a good price for elantra 2011 GL ? anyone have the cost ?
Dec 11, 2009
39 posts
9 upvotes
if you consider that Santa Fe cash price last year was 20k and this year they jack it up to 24 k just so they can give you 0%, then you can see it's not much of the saving. Now on a personal note I've owned 9 hyundais since 1986, I loved first Pony and excell, found them to be very reliable. But since then every single one was a piece of junk. Especially my last two accents 2003 and 2007. My 2007 for instance is burning 12L/100km of gas, and the dealer tells me that it's normal because that's what their computer tells them. I tell them that if I wanted a gas guzzler then I could have bought Lincoln and have a comrortable ride and #1 reliable car on the market. Ps I also wouldn't put to much stock into the official car reviews making some Hyundai models #1 in their categories, I think many cars can appear flawles when their new, but wait till they go over 150 k and see how fast they start breaking down. My brother in law's Toyota camry is over 20 years 250k km and had only few maintenance issues still works great. I'm still tempted to give them one more chance on the 2011 Elantra, but first I have to wait and see what is their real life fuel economy because the advartised fuel economy I think is meassured when the car is on neutral going down the hill. By the way has any body notice that USA cars on average are 25% cheeper, even with our dolar being higher then theirs, also their freight fee is only 50% of what they charge here, and generally their cars come with slightly better features. Makes you wonderhow much money the car companies scam away from us poor Canadians.