Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Hyundai

Hyundai Promotions and Pricing

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2015 8:55 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2994 posts
821 upvotes
lidakang wrote: isn't santa fe base manual model $19,999 cash last month? the the road should be under $25k.
84*350 = $29400, doesn't sound hot.

23,999 plus fees and taxes.

You're at well over 27k after HST alone.
May 14, 2006
43 posts
1 upvote
Damed wrote: 23,999 plus fees and taxes.

You're at well over 27k after HST alone.

freight + pdi + air tax + tire tax
should be under $2000
what is the other fees?
i don't think people really pays admin fee
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2994 posts
821 upvotes
lidakang wrote: freight + pdi + air tax + tire tax
should be under $2000
what is the other fees?
i don't think people really pays admin fee

23,999 plus HST = 27118.87 + under 2k for the above fees = $29k (which works out).

So doesn't look like an admin fee.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11732 posts
3352 upvotes
Kingston
Damed wrote: http://www.hyundaicanada.com/Pages/Spec ... tions.aspx

Pretty crazy.

You could be driving a brand new Sante Fe for $350 a month tax in. My brother saw it and is at the dealer now getting his.

How many years is that for? I cringe when people get financing for periods like 84 months for a car. 7 years is a long time to be paying for a car.
May 14, 2006
43 posts
1 upvote
base model with standard was $19,999 last month.
Mar 21, 2008
837 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
i want accent for 6000 + 3000 GAS CARD
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7735 posts
997 upvotes
Waterloo
i bought a 2011 kia rio and love it. the little car is a race car can even go past cop cars at 100km heh :lol: :lol: its low and fast go from 0 to 100km under 1 minute and it has the Eco meter on it tells you if your using too much gas!
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
3818 posts
112 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
JWL wrote: How many years is that for? I cringe when people get financing for periods like 84 months for a car. 7 years is a long time to be paying for a car.

How does that make any sense? Its free money, take it. I cringe at people who pay up front for a car when companies are offering such low interest rates. Hell, at 2.9% your still ahead by a bit.

Put it this way:

30k sitting in the bank for 7 years at a craptastic 2% interest. (you can get more with term deposits but lets take worst case scenario here) would give you about $34500. Or if you put it in ING 3.5% 5 year GIC, and then another 2 years at 2.4%, you're lookin at 37500. That's like getting a 20% discount to use their money!!!!!!

So even if i sell the car after 2 years, i'll keep making payments throughout the 7 years. Doesn't make sense to pay it off if someone is giving you a free loan.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7735 posts
997 upvotes
Waterloo
ShaTR wrote: How does that make any sense? Its free money, take it. I cringe at people who pay up front for a car when companies are offering such low interest rates. Hell, at 2.9% your still ahead by a bit.

Put it this way:

30k sitting in the bank for 7 years at a craptastic 2% interest. (you can get more with term deposits but lets take worst case scenario here) would give you about $34500. Or if you put it in ING 3.5% 5 year GIC, and then another 2 years at 2.4%, you're lookin at 37500. That's like getting a 20% discount to use their money!!!!!!

So even if i sell the car after 2 years, i'll keep making payments throughout the 7 years. Doesn't make sense to pay it off if someone is giving you a free loan.

++ i bought my kia rio like this for 0% i think it came to like 27,000 but i got alot of upgrades fabric guards rust protection 7 year warranty but im using it for my business so i be writing it off so in all words my business will pay for it btw im in the cleaning business

People are so stupid paying cash upfront i will never pay cash upfront for a car im paying rough idea 250 per month no payments till may of this year!

last 2 vehicles i bought cash and where is it now? i sold it sinse the quality sucked north american only thing happened to my kia was 3 days after it left the lot i got a flat! thats all it has around 2,000km atm
Dec 9, 2010
760 posts
111 upvotes
eats gas like crazy, with snow tires on the v6 2006 santa fe, full tank of gas goes for slightly over 400km
Deal Addict
May 2, 2004
2741 posts
170 upvotes
Mississauga
Trifid wrote: My 2002 Hyundai Sonata was by far the worst car I have EVER owned (and I've owned Fords in the 1980's :facepalm: ).

There were/are no after market parts; Brake Rotors were $160 each, paper thin, and couldn't be machined even once. By comparison, at the time Impala Rotors cost $120 and could be machined 3-4 times. Same went for every other part - the best being the O2 sensor that was not in stock in North America and took 6 weeks to come from oversea's... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hyundai's are cheap out the door, but kill you on parts and repairs over the life of the vehicle (which I would say is no more than 5 years).
My 2001 Hyundai Elantra went 140,000 kms before I traded it in on a new Sorento and only spent about 2k tops on tires and repairs over the 9-10 years
I had it.

Started up every day and never quit on me.
Not a silk purse, closer to a pig's ear, but easily paid for itself over it's lifetime.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
2994 posts
821 upvotes
panagoitss wrote: eats gas like crazy, with snow tires on the v6 2006 santa fe, full tank of gas goes for slightly over 400km

I've got the 2.4L 4 cylinder model and I get 650k to a tank
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10908 posts
1005 upvotes
Mississauga
panagoitss wrote: eats gas like crazy, with snow tires on the v6 2006 santa fe, full tank of gas goes for slightly over 400km

Get a tuneup.

I've got a V6 AWD 2007, and I get routinely 650-700 per tank.
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
1321 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa / Gatineau
Thanh wrote: Why would someone want to drive a Santa Fe is simply beyond me but there are good deals these days at Hyundai's dealerships.

Why ??? From what I've read, they seem pretty good. :confused:
RFD-Anon member #001 - "Hi, my name is Amazing2 and I buy almost everything in the Hot Deals section... Except all that iStuff!"
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10908 posts
1005 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanh wrote: Why would someone want to drive a Santa Fe is simply beyond me but there are good deals these days at Hyundai's dealerships.

If you want to drive an SUV, the value that the Santa Fe provides is hard to beat.

It's very reliable, we've had no major issues to speak of with it, and it was well within our budget.

Yes, there are better SUVs, but at this price point, no one can come close to Hyundai right now.
4chan melts your brain.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11732 posts
3352 upvotes
Kingston
ShaTR wrote: How does that make any sense? Its free money, take it. I cringe at people who pay up front for a car when companies are offering such low interest rates. Hell, at 2.9% your still ahead by a bit.

Put it this way:

The loan is undoubtedly secured by the car so you can't sell the car and leave the loan outstanding.

And guess what happens when you go to sell the car when you have a long term? It is worth a lot less than you have left to pay on the loan, so you have to come up with additional cash to sell your car! It may feel great paying $350 a month to drive a new car now, tell me how it feels to be paying the same $350/month when the car is 7 years old.

I understand the math of interest rates, but there is more involved than that including loan to value and human nature.
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
11732 posts
3352 upvotes
Kingston
Consumer Reports just came out rating the Hyundai Elantra as the #1 small sedan above Nissan Sentra, Subaru Impreza, Toyota Corrolla , Mazda 3, Kia Forte (all those cars still get their recommended check-mark).

Predicted reliability was Very Good.

In their annual car issue they also rated
Sonata as the #2 Sedan - Family entry level behind Nissan Altima
Sonata Limited as the #3 Sedan - Family behind Altima and Accord (above Legacy, Camry Fusion)
Genesis as the #1 Sedan Upscale ahead of Lexus ES, Avalon, Acura TL, Maxima
Santa Fee was #4 midsized SUV behind Highlander hybrid, Kia Sorento, Highlander V6

Thats not all of them, but it is an impressive showing.
Nov 6, 2009
406 posts
19 upvotes
It says *save* 30c on a litre not 30c a litre.

Hot deal thou
Avoid Scammers

Mauritius Island
Mar 10, 2008
724 posts
112 upvotes
Why I can not find any minivan from their website?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)