[Merged] NEXUS pass?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2024 1:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5098 posts
4402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sheriffabc wrote: Time from application to conditional approval? I applied in November and still waiting for conditional approval! Anyone have similar experience?
Luck it is at this point. I know one applicant who got approved in 10 days with a very complex case including citizenship of a very iffy country, whereas I know a Canadian born with everything spanking clean still waiting.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2006
3164 posts
26384 upvotes
Toronto
Data points on renewal:

Renewal notice received and renewal app submitted on April 4.
Renewal was approved on April 11.

No interview is required.
May 24, 2009
279 posts
38 upvotes
My son’s nexus expired in Mar 2021. Does anyone know where this 2-year grace period is published? I can’t find any references to this online for some reason.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7369 posts
9168 upvotes
Montreal
canucksfan19 wrote: My son’s nexus expired in Mar 2021. Does anyone know where this 2-year grace period is published? I can’t find any references to this online for some reason.
Did he submit an application for a renewal before it expired? If not, there's no grace period.
Mar 2, 2016
862 posts
1248 upvotes
Toronto
More random spots opened. A couple in Niagara Falls, NY, Port Huron, MI, and International Falls.
Koodo|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Ritual
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
Anyone apply for a nexus for their kid lately? Is the process the exact same as an adult application (including waiting time?)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
7369 posts
9168 upvotes
Montreal
aviator_13 wrote: Anyone apply for a nexus for their kid lately? Is the process the exact same as an adult application (including waiting time?)
Yes, and yes.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2349 posts
2808 upvotes
efrant wrote: Yes, and yes.
Thanks - feels weird creating an online account for a 1 year old but whatever...if I apply now hopefully she'll get her interview before she turns 10
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5098 posts
4402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aviator_13 wrote: Anyone apply for a nexus for their kid lately? Is the process the exact same as an adult application (including waiting time?)
There is no 50$ fee rest is the same.
Dec 20, 2021
49 posts
30 upvotes
Most Interesting article. And maybe why Canadian offices aren't opening.. firearms? U.s. officers won't come to cdn offices without firearms which Canada won't allow!! One issue may be although cbsa officers are armed as of 2019 ..they are usually not allowed to be armed in airports..so it creates an issue with u.s. officer's wanting to be armed in Canada maybe..

Anyone remember in the past if u.s. officers were armed in cdn offices? Especially airports..

P.s. article below also states backlog of 270,000 ..wow

https://www.thenorthernlight.com/storie ... nafu,19648
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5098 posts
4402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jimy123 wrote: Most Interesting article. And maybe why Canadian offices aren't opening.. firearms? U.s. officers won't come to cdn offices without firearms which Canada won't allow!! One issue may be although cbsa officers are armed as of 2019 ..they are usually not allowed to be armed in airports..so it creates an issue with u.s. officer's wanting to be armed in Canada maybe..

Anyone remember in the past if u.s. officers were armed in cdn offices? Especially airports..

P.s. article below also states backlog of 270,000 ..wow

https://www.thenorthernlight.com/storie ... nafu,19648
Canada screwing over its own people over pettiness. What is new?
Sep 6, 2009
343 posts
120 upvotes
Regina
canoek wrote: Canada screwing over its own people over pettiness. What is new?
OR ... stay with me here ...

Maybe Canada has a different point of view on things. Maybe they feel the dangers of customs officers having firearms at airports exceed the benefits.

We are an autonomous country. We are allowed to have different ideas than foreign countries do.

You don't have to like it... but if the agreement is that US officers can carry guns if Canadian ones do at the same location, and Canadian ones don't at a given location, that seems clear to me.

From what I understand, firearms are carried by CBSA agents at land crossings, so NEXUS centres at land crossings should permit US officers to also have firearms.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5098 posts
4402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PhotoJim wrote: OR ... stay with me here ...

Maybe Canada has a different point of view on things. Maybe they feel the dangers of customs officers having firearms at airports exceed the benefits.

We are an autonomous country. We are allowed to have different ideas than foreign countries do.

You don't have to like it... but if the agreement is that US officers can carry guns if Canadian ones do at the same location, and Canadian ones don't at a given location, that seems clear to me.

From what I understand, firearms are carried by CBSA agents at land crossings, so NEXUS centres at land crossings should permit US officers to also have firearms.
I know Canada has a different POV, the one I find stupid.
Mar 8, 2017
250 posts
147 upvotes
Well was able to get an appointment in Michigan Port Huron for early May. Guess I'll have to make the 3 hour drive each way as my conditional approval is only good till June. Oh well is what it is.
Mar 14, 2007
740 posts
58 upvotes
Anyone that has their status as "Pending Review" how long did it take before it updated to something else?

I am going on 6 months now with it stuck as Pending Review on a Renewal.
Jul 23, 2018
901 posts
388 upvotes
Copied from another forum:

"If you’re looking for appointments before a specific date, you can also use Appointment Scanner to set email and/or text alerts. It’s a paid service that does exactly what it sounds like it does.
May 23, 2008
979 posts
459 upvotes
Toronto
canoek wrote: I know Canada has a different POV, the one I find stupid.
Cleaned it up for you: "I know canoek has a different POV, the one I find stupid"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2015
5098 posts
4402 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Avignon wrote: Cleaned it up for you: "I know canoek has a different POV, the one I find stupid"
Whatcha tryin to say here chief? Cleaned up exactly what?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
3401 posts
715 upvotes
Toronto
Office in Mississauga is not opened for interview on new application, no luck for GTA residents.
Apr 20, 2009
414 posts
140 upvotes
Ottawa
PhotoJim wrote: OR ... stay with me here ...

I think what many people are looking for is a bit of transparency. By not saying anything or not keeping people updated is agonizing. Just tell us why were not opening our enrollment offices. I'm going to either be happy or unhappy with the answer, but at least I'll know. It would also save me time by not having to log into my TTP account everyday hoping for a miracle. I will continue to peruse this thread but won't check it religiously like I have been in the past. On the other hand, don't keep my $50 US and then say that your time has run out and ask me to reapply and give you another $50. They can go f*** themselves!