[Merged] NEXUS pass?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 4:39 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15842 posts
2101 upvotes
GTA
TheImp wrote: Nearly 8 months and I still haven't received my conditional approval.
WTF
IS
TAKING
THEM
SO
LONG
??
Pete_Coach wrote: Me too.
What's the rush? Not like borders are "open".
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2448 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
actng wrote: What's the rush? Not like borders are "open".
I'm hardly in a rush. I have no intention of going down to the corona-infested land down south anytime soon.
I'm just annoyed at such bumbling bureaucratic bull----.
This space for rent.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35464 posts
9489 upvotes
Ottawa
actng wrote: What's the rush? Not like borders are "open".
Waiting for 8 months to replace an expired document is too long a wait.
It is not a matter of "rush", it is 8 months. That and the inconsistency of getting them. Some folks have said they only waited a month or so and others said 8 or more.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Sep 6, 2009
302 posts
82 upvotes
Regina
Everything is slower because of the pandemic. Relax.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35464 posts
9489 upvotes
Ottawa
PhotoJim wrote: Everything is slower because of the pandemic. Relax.
Relax? LOL
After 8 months I feel like Rumpelstiltskin. LOL

I posted the link to the Nexus site stating that.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Mar 30, 2017
35 posts
15 upvotes
I am in same boat.
Applied first week of November and still awaiting.
My wife and my son applications are approved after 3months but mine still pending.
Hope to receive conditionally approval soon.
Mar 30, 2017
35 posts
15 upvotes
All,

My application got approved today after close to 9 months.
booked appointment for my family end of October @ Toronto Airport.

Is anyone know if Toronto Airport is better or it's better to go with Fort Erie?

Thank you.
Scotland wrote: I am in same boat.
Applied first week of November and still awaiting.
My wife and my son applications are approved after 3 months but mine still pending.
Hope to receive conditionally approval soon.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19569 posts
4173 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Scotland wrote: Is anyone know if Toronto Airport is better or it's better to go with Fort Erie?
Ft Erie normally is less busy and has more appointments. But it might be too far for some people.

And I had to pay to park at Pearson for my Nexus appointment. Minimum booking at Value Park is 4 hours. But I turned it into an 'outing' and got to ride the Link Train!! (Always wanted to do that...) Then I took a stroll and visited both terminals. And it is somewhat liberating to be able to walk through an airport terminal, but not be stressed about passing security, reaching the gate in time, checked luggage, etc.
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
10839 posts
5908 upvotes
Markham
Jucius Maximus wrote: Ft Erie normally is less busy and has more appointments. But it might be too far for some people.

And I had to pay to park at Pearson for my Nexus appointment. Minimum booking at Value Park is 4 hours. But I turned it into an 'outing' and got to ride the Link Train!! (Always wanted to do that...) Then I took a stroll and visited both terminals. And it is somewhat liberating to be able to walk through an airport terminal, but not be stressed about passing security, reaching the gate in time, checked luggage, etc.
Should have treated the airport like the Mall walkers and done 10 or 20 laps.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19569 posts
4173 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
gr8dlr wrote: Should have treated the airport like the Mall walkers and done 10 or 20 laps.
LOL I was actually thinking of doing that, but I was worried that I might attract attention from security officers asking about why I was wandering around so much. Face With Tears Of Joy
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4512 posts
1648 upvotes
Ajax
25jai wrote: My interview was cancelled today that was scheduled for June 6. And now there are no available slots at all in Pearson. Closest next location is Fort Erie. What happens if my application is over 365 days from they approved it?
Nothing as they have extended. We were supposed to have interviews done by June 2020. Because of COVID and other reasons before COVID, we could not get to the interviews. I called down and they said they are extending everything by 6 months. Currently have an October interview scheduled at Pearson. Let's see if they keep it as Pearson has been canceled twice because of COVID. TBH, there is no reason they canceled August interviews at any location since CDNs are not having the issue with COVID, Americans are. What a joke.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9446 posts
1625 upvotes
Vancouver
Next available appointment in Vancouver is March. Face Screaming In Fear