[Merged] NEXUS pass?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2020 4:39 pm
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35477 posts
9506 upvotes
Ottawa
MarcP wrote: For a renewal? I renewed 3 weeks ago, got approved the next day and received my new card 2 weeks later.
Yes, for renewal. My application back in November already said there was a backlog and it would take longer than normal.
Great for you. I suspect that they have caught up all the backlog and are working again. I waited from November till I got it.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17433 posts
4278 upvotes
Toronto
Is the Toronto centre just closed? I've been conditionally approved since about April but Toronto just shows no available appointments...
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Feb 22, 2011
14 posts
Toronto
deal_with_singh wrote: Is the Toronto centre just closed? I've been conditionally approved since about April but Toronto just shows no available appointments...
Yeah, it's still closed.
They just cancelled my September appointment, earliest one I can see for Ft. Erie is now in December during Christmas week.
Don't see any available appointments after that.
Nov 13, 2007
82 posts
46 upvotes
achow47 wrote: Yeah, it's still closed.
They just cancelled my September appointment, earliest one I can see for Ft. Erie is now in December during Christmas week.
Don't see any available appointments after that.
I haven't received my cancellation yet for late Sept...was the cancellation during the beginning or later parts of Sept?
Feb 22, 2011
14 posts
Toronto
pookguy wrote: I haven't received my cancellation yet for late Sept...was the cancellation during the beginning or later parts of Sept?
This is what I got from them:

The Fort Erie Enrollment Center will remain closed until at least September 30, 2020. Enrollment Centers within the United States will reopen on September 8, 2020 for Global Entry applicants only. We will not process any NEXUS applications until Canadian Border Services Agency returns to the enrollment Center. Applicants are encouraged to monitor their e-mail and Trusted Traveler Programs account for additional information and/or updates.

Again, not sure if it's affecting other Centres but Fort Erie for sure.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17433 posts
4278 upvotes
Toronto
I'm wondering if they'll extend the expiration of current Nexus passes...I'm surprised they even need to do an interview for a renewal....
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Aug 24, 2011
96 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver
I put in my renewal in April and its still pending review. My wife and daughter submitted yesterday and both were approved today.
Apr 20, 2009
318 posts
67 upvotes
None of the four enrollment centres in Ontario are accepting appointments for interviews presently.
Nothing to do but wait I guess.
Dec 10, 2004
807 posts
74 upvotes
YEG
Anyone know if the Calgary centre is actually open? I'm in Edmonton but there's no appointments and I don't want to plan for a trip to Calgary if I make a booking and it'll just get cancelled until the border actually reopens.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2447 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
And my interview was just cancelled:
CBP Trusted Traveler Programs Enrollment Centers will remain closed until at least October 5, 2020. This temporary closure includes all public access to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST enrollment locations. Applicants are encouraged to monitor their Trusted Traveler Programs account for additional information and/or updates. CBP will continue to monitor federal response guidelines in order to resume enrollment center operations as soon as possible.

CBP’s highest priority is to ensure the health, safety and security of our workforce and the American people. CBP agents, officers, and mission support personnel continue to support the whole-of-government response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Oh well..
XBox Series X available. PM for details.
Sep 6, 2009
302 posts
82 upvotes
Regina
TheImp wrote: And my interview was just cancelled:

Oh well..
Not really a problem right now. Cross-border traffic is so thin right now, I wouldn't think that having to use a non-NEXUS lane would be all that time-consuming.

Now, once things return to normal, there will be a backlog of interviews on which to catch up, but I'm sure priority will be given to people who have already had interviews scheduled.
CAN banking: BMO; Cards: AmEx Gold, BMO AIR MILES World Elite MasterCard; Chase amazon.ca card (closed 2018/03; Chase left Canada)
US banking: Rocky Mountain Bank (MT); Cards: AmEx Premier Rewards Gold, AmEx Blue Cash Everyday, CapOne Platinum MasterCard
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2014
2447 posts
1225 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
PhotoJim wrote: Not really a problem right now. Cross-border traffic is so thin right now, I wouldn't think that having to use a non-NEXUS lane would be all that time-consuming.

Now, once things return to normal, there will be a backlog of interviews on which to catch up, but I'm sure priority will be given to people who have already had interviews scheduled.
I just really want to get it done since I’ve been waiting for so long since I applied (mid November last year). And so that when things do open up again, I’ll have my card and be able to use it.

There’s no particular rush right now, since I have no intention to travel to the US for the foreseeable future, but still..
XBox Series X available. PM for details.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9448 posts
1626 upvotes
Vancouver
TheImp wrote: And my interview was just cancelled:

Oh well..
Weird, my wife's appointment is Oct 3 and it's not cancelled yet.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, just got the email. :(
Last edited by 1226 on Sep 3rd, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35477 posts
9506 upvotes
Ottawa
deal_with_singh wrote: I'm wondering if they'll extend the expiration of current Nexus passes...I'm surprised they even need to do an interview for a renewal....
The NEXUS card expiration dates are extended as it says on their website.

There is no appointment required for renewal.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.