• Last Updated:
  • May 12th, 2009 2:34 pm
[OP]
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa

[Rogers] No TSN2 on Rogers = $144 Discount - Call Retentions

Might have already been posted, if so my appologies. My daughter in Toronto called a few days ago complaining about no TSN2 on Rogers and got $10 (after taxes) off her bill for a year. I called today (Ottawa) and got 20% off my cable bill ($12 a month) for a year. Was easy, no begging or grovelling or having to move up to a supervisor.

As soon as Rogers starts to carry TSN2 this easy deal goes away.
226 replies
Oct 16, 2004
351 posts
11 upvotes
Very annoying how some Raptors game are on TSN2.

Raps are gonna lose anyways though, save myself some time from watching.
Aug 9, 2007
758 posts
38 upvotes
Did you call their 1888Rogers1 number and asked for retentions?
Dec 23, 2006
151 posts
35 upvotes
Richmond Hill
does this discount apply to basic cable (which is up to Channel 26 aka TSN)?
[OP]
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Call customer service same number listed in previous post and ask the computer to speak to a representative, then ask the computer for customer retentions. My experience is that sometimes you get connected to them and sometimes you don't. If they don't want to give you a deal hang up and call again. The next agent will likely give you a deal without a hassle.

Every Rogers customer pays a differrent price depending on who they asked. Those "loyal customers" who never complain or ask for discounts pay the full pop. I have a free HDPVR with free HD channels (only got mine for a year many got 2 years), 20% off high speed internet, who knows what else. And I still pay too much.

The TSN2 discount was the easiest yet.
Jan 29, 2005
306 posts
1 upvote
BaadDawg wrote: Might have already been posted, if so my appologies. My daughter in Toronto called a few days ago complaining about no TSN2 on Rogers and got $10 (after taxes) off her bill for a year. I called today (Ottawa) and got 20% off my cable bill ($12 a month) for a year. Was easy, no begging or grovelling or having to move up to a supervisor.

What did you say exactly? Did you threaten to leave to Bell?
Are you on 2 years free pvr retention program?

Thanks,
Sep 9, 2006
534 posts
2 upvotes
what department did you ask to speak to, and also what did you say to get the discount? did you ask about tsn2 and they offered you a $10 discount or did u ask for the discount directly? thanks.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
2873 posts
70 upvotes
Windsor
I'll have to call in, Rogers gets too much of my money as it is. Thanks hor the heads up.
Jun 3, 2007
317 posts
1 upvote
what channel is TSN2, so dumb how they put raptors game on that channel.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16689 posts
5171 upvotes
Markham
BaadDawg wrote: Might have already been posted, if so my appologies. My daughter in Toronto called a few days ago complaining about no TSN2 on Rogers and got $10 (after taxes) off her bill for a year. I called today (Ottawa) and got 20% off my cable bill ($12 a month) for a year. Was easy, no begging or grovelling or having to move up to a supervisor.

If rogers had TSN2, would it be included in the digital cable?
OR Have to pay extra to get TSN2??
[OP]
Jun 26, 2006
189 posts
28 upvotes
Ottawa
Just say the key words no TSN2 and discount maybe mention you know people who have already received a discount due to no TSN2. I think there was an article in the Globe and mail about TSN2 and Rogers and that they were giving discounts.

It must be a corporate policy that is why it was so easy. Of course their business plan is based on discounts only to those who ask. They really take care of their best customers (i.e. those who don't complain and bother them and pay the full price). Those special "loyal" customers always get nothing. Only the complainers receive discounts with Rogers.

If you don't get a deal don't even bother hassling. Hang up and call back and get another agent. I have rarely had 2 agents in a row refuse a discount if there was a sort of valid complaint. Seems the no TSN2 is considered a valid complaint.
Dec 31, 2004
108 posts
30 upvotes
Actually them not having TSN2 was a real pain and I was about to call anyways to express my dissatisfaction - I really would rather them just to have it - For this pain - I'm saving about $150 off my bill over the next 3 months and about $10 off for the next year. I can spend this $300 on tickets to go see the raptors games in person, but technically I would still rather have TSN2.

I just went to the general questions people.

Hick
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2945 posts
897 upvotes
Ottawa
i wish they offered me something like that we i complained about RDS-HD
Aug 11, 2008
74 posts
Toronto
Thanks OP - was able to get 20% off Digital VIP for 12 months
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
16689 posts
5171 upvotes
Markham
shoooter_j wrote: Thanks OP - was able to get 20% off Digital VIP for 12 months
which rep you ask for? sales? billing? or tech support??

i selected general and they didn't offer me anything :(
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1443 posts
1472 upvotes
Kitchener
Rogers to experience the RFD effect on this snowy day in Southwestern Ontario