• Oct 8th, 2020 9:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
1883 posts
437 upvotes
Mississauga

[Merged] The OFFICIAL G1,G2 and G Licensing questions thread

I am doin my g test at etobicoke. Can anyone give me info abt the examiners there. And which highway do they take to do the test on??
3988 replies
Nov 27, 2003
403 posts
I am not sure if this is the Etobicoke location but I did mine at Eglinton just east of Dixie near Planet Bowl. It was awesome. Drove down some side streets, jumped on and off the 427, back to the exam centre and that was it.

- 1 3-Point Turn
- 2 Enter the Highway
- 2 Exit the Highway
- 1 Parallel Park

That was it.

Good Luck.
Aug 15, 2005
758 posts
5 upvotes
took my G there. had 4 friends who did theirs there. everyone had the same "course".

1 exit the facility, make a right going east on eglington. (70km/h i believe)
2 continue along, make a right on renforth (40km/h zone)
3 left on eringate (residential). highway 27 is straight ahead.
4 make a right onto last side street.
5 parallel park (if there is a car). emergency stop if no car.
6 make three point turn, make a right onto eringate again.
7 enter highway, proceed until burnhapmthorpe, then exit (one or two exits).
(you're now in the far left lane)
8 get one highway again (on far right side of street, change lanes)
9 exit at eglington
10. possibly take a side street with different speed limit.
11. return back to drive centre
12 either reverse park or pull straight in. (if you reverse park when you get there, they might now make you do it again)

hopefully that helps. if you still have a problem after reading this....YOU SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING!!!! good luck!
Nov 19, 2005
16000 posts
663 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
2010 edit: i got a pm from someone:

just thought you might be intersted know that officialy their is no law in the traffic act that states
you have to use your right foot for both brake and gas pedal. Its recommended by the minstry but its not required. Their has been studies though where its been proven too, espcially one in pacticular by consumer reports thats its also safer doing the left foot for brake and right foot for gas method for driving, so their seems to be some controversery which is the right method. anyways just thought i could help and clear some of the misinformation going around when i was reading through the thread.later.

edit: I got THREADJACKED, this was my thread originally, but someone had to steal it. T.T so anyways yeh im abandoning this thread now kinda.

Hello, simply post a question here if you have any relating to the thread title. thanks.
You CAN look through the pages of this thread, but that'd be too much of a hassle, so go ahead and post a question.

If you're looking for help on G1, goto g1test.com, that site pretty much covers G1.
As for G2 and G questions, it's best you ask here in this thread or actually search in this thread if you can and it works effectively.

kthxbai.

--------------------------------------------------------------

well since we don't have one, I wanted to start one, and also because I have some questions about how to obtain/get a G2.

k so you have to wait 1 year after you get your G1 to attempt to try and get your G2 correct? does it count like exact date, e.g. August 15 = got g1, so I can try to get it again next Aug 15th? or can I try like August 1st? Also, I heard if you take driving school it has benefits such as lower insurance rates and you can do your G2 in 8 months instead of 12, is that true? also what exactly do you do on your G2 test? And 1 last question, if I have my G2 and I have a friend who has a better car than me, am I allowed to drive it if I have permission from my friend? cause I heard you can't do that cause you have to get some sorta insurance thing since its not my car, but im borrowing it for like a day or two, so I dont know blah.

thanks in advance to all those who make helpful replies.

edit: changed thread to incorporate all Graduated licensing for G.
edit: changed op /w rules.
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
May 18, 2004
783 posts
yes it is true you will to wait 1 year to get g2 but if you do driving school it is a 8 month waiting period and lower insurance. if your friends car has valid plates and everything you can use it on your test day.. on the g2 test you have to do simple things like lane changes,3 point turn,etc, your just on the road driving for a bit, its simple things so you don't have to worry
Aug 23, 2006
325 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
Inaddition to what Kipling_boyz has said, some insurance companies such as State Farm have a good student policy. If you have good grades (you have to bring in your report card) you supposedly get a better price. I dunno what qualifies as "good grades."

G1 exit test, or your G2 test, composes of normal driving procedures. Right of Way stuff when turning, stopping behind the marked lines, changing lanes correctly, doing parallel parking (you might get lucky and not have to do this), 3 point turn, going the right speed, etc. Just don't be too nervous, and make sure you know how to drive according to the rules. You can goof off on your own time. =)

as for after you've gotten you G2, i believe you need valid personal insurance on the vehicle you are driving. I know that with my G1 i didn't have to get insurance since i would be covered under my parents. But for G2...For example, i am set as the secondary driver for my parent's cars, so i can drive them. But your friend's car..., in the event that you get in an accident or something, you're name isn't covered under the insurance, and you'll probably get charged for driving without insurance, and your friend'll be hit by his insurance company.
-Dan.
I'm cute and cuddly.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=52391
Oct 25, 2004
615 posts
state farm adds an additional 10 percent for secondary honours (70 percent or 75 percent and higher) driving instructor just let us know last week.
tim-x wrote:i'd have sex with chuck norris..
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3427 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
hm......from what i remember, i had to do 3 point turn, changing lanes and stuff, stop signs and thats all i can remember
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1312 posts
138 upvotes
hey, I am getting my g2 (hopefully :D ) on nov.14th :)

Now my problem is I have to use a manual car. I am good enough driving this car, but the odd time I will stall from a stop. Will that count as points getting taken off the test?

What about shakey shifts? Like sometimes letting off the clutch too fast and a little jittering? Will that affect my test results?

Parallel parking i have yet to do, but my dad is going to take me out in the near future(this coming weekend) to teach me....

I cannot wait :D
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
3307 posts
26 upvotes
hellodan wrote: But your friend's car..., in the event that you get in an accident or something, you're name isn't covered under the insurance, and you'll probably get charged for driving without insurance, and your friend'll be hit by his insurance company.
I would be interested in an official answer to this. I've been told that its legal as long as the car is insured, but the friend would take the hit in case of an accident.

Edit: Just googled it. This site http://www.ibao.org/html/consumers/auto ... erages.asp says exactly that. I also saw a site for The Personal, which mentioned an endorse for coverage on rentals, but it wasn't too specific on borrowing. So it 'might' vary better insurance companies.

Also found something that said if you live in the same household, (ie parent-child), then it won't be considered borrowing, and they would have to be insured as a secondary.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16000 posts
663 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
hi, first off let me just say thanks to those who helped a lot.

yo my friend said you can't do a G2 test on a weekend? is this true? so does that mean you can only do the G2 test Mon-Fri??
PC IS MASTER RACE! ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°) VΛ 🆅🅰🅿🅴 🅽🅰🆃🅸🅾🅽 ┏( -_-)┛┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓┗(-_- )┓ 𝑅𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝑒𝓋𝒶𝓃𝓉
Aug 5, 2005
255 posts
111 upvotes
vip3r87 wrote:
Parallel parking i have yet to do, but my dad is going to take me out in the near future(this coming weekend) to teach me....

From what I can remember you don't have to do Parallel parking for G2... but it's good to know anyways, especially for DT areas. I'm not sure if you can do the test on weekends or not, but I know you can book your G2 test online...so you can check there.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2005
1312 posts
138 upvotes
sweet, anyone know about the manual car thing? will shaky shifts deduct marks? or no, aslong as the car is under control?

thanks alot!
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2002
3307 posts
26 upvotes
Babo wrote: From what I can remember you don't have to do Parallel parking for G2... but it's good to know anyways, especially for DT areas. I'm not sure if you can do the test on weekends or not, but I know you can book your G2 test online...so you can check there.
Of course you do, they just might not ask you to do everything.
Jan 4, 2006
316 posts
vip3r87 wrote: sweet, anyone know about the manual car thing? will shaky shifts deduct marks? or no, aslong as the car is under control?

thanks alot!
You must be in control of the vehicle. If it stalls then you aren't in control and you'll lose points. I would think that minor vibration when shifting would be fine.