[Merged] The OFFICIAL G1,G2 and G Licensing questions thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2022 11:07 am
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2007
1012 posts
360 upvotes
Mississauga
Aznkid2000 wrote: you can always try applying a job at Canada Post as a delivery driver and then when they reject you, rush into a driving center and say you need your g to work at Canada post
Fail
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2005
1266 posts
140 upvotes
GTA
Heard they're going to end the strike in the next couple of weeks?
Is that true?
Jul 14, 2009
417 posts
25 upvotes
My G2 is gonna be expired in march 2010... what options do i have? i would like to get my G and take my G road test... am i able to do that???
Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1269 posts
256 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to do my G1 written test at a Service Ontario location, or do I have to go to one of the open DriveTest locations, which are all really far away from me?

And what is the format of the test - computer, paper, or oral?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1656 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
The last time I checked the location at Bay and College was open for knowledge tests. The tests are on paper, I don't believe their testing "computers" are working. Oral tests require an appointment.
Jun 18, 2005
289 posts
12 upvotes
Thornhill
Where is the cheapest place around young and steeles (ideally west of young) to get a g2 in-class/in car/road test package?
*Insert witty comment*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7685 posts
971 upvotes
Waterloo
there off strike now whooh oo January 5th u can write ur tests
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2006
1540 posts
316 upvotes
GTA
anyone know a good test package for the G test in the GTA or Kitchener/Waterloo area?

Haven't driven since I got my G2, never drove on the highway before.
Nov 27, 2008
19 posts
2 upvotes
Anyone know any instructors within the GTA where you don't have to go through the written in-class component of driving school and just complete the 10 hours of actual driving?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4538 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
xxcaliberz wrote: Anyone know any instructors within the GTA where you don't have to go through the written in-class component of driving school and just complete the 10 hours of actual driving?
You mean just in car lessons? I did mine with Saabi...can't recall the exact price though...
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Nov 27, 2008
19 posts
2 upvotes
pnyknights wrote: You mean just in car lessons? I did mine with Saabi...can't recall the exact price though...
Thanks for replying. Yeah, just the in car lessons as I don't want to do the in class components. I just checked their site and I'm guessing you got the package with only 7 hours in car and a car for the road test?

Any other suggestions would be helpful if anyone else has.
Dec 24, 2009
1 posts
Hey I was just wondering if anyone took their G1 exit test in Cornwall and if so could you plz write out the route you had to take and what you had to do on the test (parallel park, 3 point turn, etc..)
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4546 posts
801 upvotes
I'm getting my learners permit soon, and I understand that you need to do a written test. Whenever I ask my older friends about it, they tell me to read "the book". What is this book they're referring to?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1579 posts
35 upvotes
Etobicoke
Kherani wrote: I'm getting my learners permit soon, and I understand that you need to do a written test. Whenever I ask my older friends about it, they tell me to read "the book". What is this book they're referring to?
:lol:
Kherani wrote: I'm getting my learners permit soon, and I understand that you need to do a written test. Whenever I ask my older friends about it, they tell me to read "the book". What is this book they're referring to?
Dec 25, 2009
5 posts
Ottawa
Hey guys,

I've been waiting to get my G2 since October, and now finally the strike is over, I lost my G1 license on my way coming back from Orlando :(

I still have my temporary license with the license number so I can still book a G2 road test...but I was wondering if they will need to see my license during the actual test. Would I be able to proceed with the road test with just providing them with all my information and no license?
Jul 20, 2009
3 posts
hey everyone.... got my g1 exit booked for the end of jan in simcoe, anyone taken it there and care to give pointers and/or walk me through it? any help or any knowledge of the simcoe g1 exit road test would be GREATLY appreciated! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE... again any help is help :)

thanks guys
Jul 20, 2009
3 posts
me again....

any information about the g1 exit would be appreciated as well.... if no one knows simcoes specifics... but i would totally benefit from knowing... hahaha

thanks