Automotive

[Merged] The OFFICIAL G1,G2 and G Licensing questions thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2022 4:57 pm
Aug 6, 2017
891 posts
1544 upvotes
MidnightSumDream wrote: I want to take G road test, just have a few questions.
1. are we allowed to use the backup camera?
2. how is the experience of test the test in toronto? any traffic on the highway? I don't drive on the highway that often, so I'm wondering if it's like driving on the local when you are experiencing traffic on the highway
3. I noticed it's showing some toronto locations open on Saturday, can we book a test on Saturday? I never see any available spot online.
1. Not allowed
2. The only way to be a better driver is to practice and that includes driving on the highway.
3. Ask your driving instructor
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56484 posts
21536 upvotes
MidnightSumDream wrote: I want to take G road test, just have a few questions.
1. are we allowed to use the backup camera?
2. how is the experience of test the test in toronto? any traffic on the highway? I don't drive on the highway that often, so I'm wondering if it's like driving on the local when you are experiencing traffic on the highway
3. I noticed it's showing some toronto locations open on Saturday, can we book a test on Saturday? I never see any available spot online.
For 1, my daughter got her G a few weeks ago, she wasn't told to disable the back up camera or other safety aids. We disabled some nannies for her second G2 attempt but didn't bother on the third.

For 3, the Etobicoke might be open. When my daughter took the written test, it was a Saturday and the line up was crazy. I think there were driving tests being performed but just call to confirm.
Sep 15, 2018
300 posts
233 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi.
I am planning to borrow a friend's car to do G2 test. His car has american licence plate. Is it allowed?
Feb 28, 2007
132 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
Hello,
Does anyone have the route for G1 Exit Test (i.e. first road test) for Smith Falls?
Thank you.
Jul 11, 2016
37 posts
6 upvotes
Brampton
Does anyone know the route for G test in Bancroft?

Also what do they test for?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
20481 posts
5849 upvotes
Scarberia
if ur a senior, do they make u retest at x number of years.. i don't think my mom should be driving...scaryAF!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to [email protected] stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10637 posts
6013 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: if ur a senior, do they make u retest at x number of years.. i don't think my mom should be driving...scaryAF!
Like mother like son?
Mar 7, 2008
809 posts
250 upvotes
I did G test (Ontario) last week and failed. I know I can take another test in 10 days.
BUT, for now, I cannot book the test. When I login, all days are not available in next 6 months.
I have been tried this couple days.

Is there anyone know the reason?
signature removed - advertising is not permitted in signatures
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1173 posts
241 upvotes
mouseswimming wrote: I did G test (Ontario) last week and failed. I know I can take another test in 10 days.
BUT, for now, I cannot book the test. When I login, all days are not available in next 6 months.
I have been tried this couple days.

Is there anyone know the reason?
massive backlog due to covid. just search fast roadtest booking online theres a couple people that can book earlier (myself included)
Mar 7, 2008
809 posts
250 upvotes
s2kdarren wrote: massive backlog due to covid. just search fast roadtest booking online theres a couple people that can book earlier (myself included)
why those people could book earlier?
signature removed - advertising is not permitted in signatures
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2006
1173 posts
241 upvotes
mouseswimming wrote: why those people could book earlier?
Not looking to advertise services on this site but you can pm me or email one of them.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2019
1033 posts
950 upvotes
When u first apply for G1 license, is the expiry date 5 years from when u applied or does it expire on ur bday? I know from the first time u renew ur license, ur license will expire on ur bday.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4213 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Any tips / sample questions for the G1 test? My kiddo turns 16 this week and want to do the test next week. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4213 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have a route and the marking sheet for a G1 exit test in Scarborough (Port Union area)? Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2012
5882 posts
5057 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Top Tip for Guelph Test - you check in at the office in the strip mall that faces the street and they say to wait outside in your vehicle and they’ll come to you.

Not obvious at all, except they expect that you’re waiting behind the building in the back lot that you wouldn’t even know is there. They didn’t verbally explain and there’s just one tiny sign in tiny font that says where to wait.

My son almost missed his appointment because he waited out front. Luckily they still managed to fit him in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)