Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2022 6:37 pm
Dec 3, 2014
1 posts
1 upvote
I want to thank everyone for the route info and all tips and pointers.

I passed the G Exit test at Eglinton/Dixie and the route is still as described. Mine was cut short after the highway portion because I did so well.

From my experience, the key is to be confident and get lots of highway practice. They're going to ask you how many days out of the last 90 you've driven on the highway and how many km's each day.
I wasn't even asked to parallel or reverse park, just roadside stop and 3 point turn. You can lie about your highway experience, but they do this for a living; they can tell if you're lying.
Also, with practice comes relaxation and less stress and you want to give the examiner a sense of calmness, like this is something you do everyday

Good luck everyone and get lots of practice.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1987 posts
247 upvotes
Thank you very much to everyone that contributed to this thread. After a second try, I finally passed by G2 Exit test at Aurora.
Here's my test route for the G2 Exit Test:

1. Turn right on Henderson
2. Turn left on Yonge Street
• Yonge Street (50km)
3. Turn right on Edward Street
• Edward Street (50km)
4. Turn right on Metcalfe Street and then an immediate left on Berczy Street
• Berczy Street (50km)
5. Turn left on Mosley Street and perform Emergency Roadside and 3-Point Turn
6. Turn left back on Berczy Street
7. Turn right on Wellington Street East
• Wellington Street East from Yonge to Bayview (50km)
• Wellington Street from Bayview to Leslie (70km)
• Wellington Street from Leslie to 404 (80km)
8. Right onto Highway 404
• Make sure you're on highway speeds before merging
• Several lane changes will be done, ensure you always look at your blindspot
9. Exit to Bloomington Road
• Bloomington Road from 404 to Bayview (80km)
• Bloomington Road from Bayview to Yonge (60km)
10. Turn right on Yonge
• Yonge Street from Bloomington to Henderson Drive (60km)
11. Turn left to Henderson and another left back to DriveTest parking lot.
Aug 9, 2014
31 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Norbert90 wrote: I want to thank everyone for the route info and all tips and pointers.

I passed the G Exit test at Eglinton/Dixie and the route is still as described. Mine was cut short after the highway portion because I did so well.

From my experience, the key is to be confident and get lots of highway practice. They're going to ask you how many days out of the last 90 you've driven on the highway and how many km's each day.
I wasn't even asked to parallel or reverse park, just roadside stop and 3 point turn. You can lie about your highway experience, but they do this for a living; they can tell if you're lying.
Also, with practice comes relaxation and less stress and you want to give the examiner a sense of calmness, like this is something you do everyday

Good luck everyone and get lots of practice.
Hi I passed the G 2 Exit today at Eglington. The route is as described but a small change at point no 4 and 13 below from the earlier described route.

1) Exit test center: Turn right on Eglinton Avenue
2) Turn right on Renforth Dr (Note: 40km/h zone)
3) Turn left on Eringate Dr
4) Emergency stop on Eringate Dr
5) Turn right on Margrath Pl
6) 3-point turn back towards Eringate Dr
7) Turn right on Eringate Dr
8) Enter 427 Southbound
9) Exit 427 ramp on Burnhamthorpe Rd
10) Turn left on Burnhamthorpe Rd
11) Enter 427 Northbound ramp
12) Exit 427 on Eglinton Avenue West
13) Turn right on Matheson Blvd
14) Turn left on Explorer Dr
15) Turn right on Eglinton Avenue West
16) Turn left into drive test center

Notes:
- Lots of lane changes on the road (Would be wise to get used to the 'Signal -> Rear Mirror -> Side Mirror -> Shoulder check' routine)
- Parallel parking between 2 pylons located in the parking lot @ the test center after going through test route.
- Finally front parking at any of the parking spot in the lot.
- Route lasted ~25 min

Hope this helps.
Jul 29, 2008
112 posts
20 upvotes
Niagara Falls
My fiance just passed his G1 exit test and received his G2 today. He was at the Stoney Creek location on Kenora ave.

Here's the route he took:

1. Turn right out of the DriveTest center
2. Turn left on Bancroft St.
3. Turn left on Nash Rd.
4. Turn left on Queenston Rd (Hwy 8)
5. Turn left on Kenora ave.
6. Turn left on Kentley Dr.
7. Turn right on Nash Rd.
8. Turn right on Barton St.
9. Turn left on Kenora Ave.
10. Turn right into the middle entrance of the Test Center

He was asked to turn right into the parking area for a 3 point turn then to do parallel parking. Then back to any of the spaces he started out in.

Hope this helps someone! Someone else posted that they turned left out of the test center for the Delwana/Lake route but the instructor asked him to go right since there were road works along the left route.
Dec 23, 2011
248 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I did my G2 exit test at the etibicoke/eglington location but the route wasn't the same.

Instead of a right on renforth we took a left and went on the hwy

regardless I passed
Sep 26, 2012
80 posts
5 upvotes
Lindsey Highway test route is as following:

Option A:
- right on commerce rd
- Left on light to Kent St W
- merge into highway 7b (*check speed here)
- merge into hwy 7/35 south towards Toronto
- exit Angelina St South and go north
- make left into Lent st west
- make left into commerce rd
- make left into ontario test center plaza

Option B:
- go Option in reverse order

*** Along the way on commerce you will be asked to do Emergency Stop and maybe parallel park somewhere

My final input: to all residents of Lindsey and others who turned this thread into a very silly one - you should appreciate the money people bring into your city and your pockets. Stop whining - this is LAWFUL and there is no grey or unethical thing to it. Your city councilors are smart so BE HAPPY or no one will ever drive into your little town which will eventually make your kids move out and never look back :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4099 posts
954 upvotes
tiagoO wrote: I did my G2 exit test at the etibicoke/eglington location but the route wasn't the same.

Instead of a right on renforth we took a left and went on the hwy

regardless I passed
Hey there, whe you got on the highway did you end up going south on 427 and then same route as listed? My wife is doing her test here in a month.

Thx.
Oct 24, 2006
648 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Mint wrote: Hey there, whe you got on the highway did you end up going south on 427 and then same route as listed? My wife is doing her test here in a month.

Thx.
Why does it matter? The fact that this thread exists baffles me and makes me laugh at the same time. You either know how to drive or you don't.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1839 posts
275 upvotes
Markham
This thread (from what I was able to stomach) kills me. Why can't people appreciate the integrity of the testing system and take it for what it is.
My position is, if you feel you need 'the answers' to pass your test, then you're not ready.
I actually know a couple who live in Scarborough that along with 1 other student, paid their driving instructor 500 bucks to drive to Lindsey and take their test there.
Now I know why I fear and sharing the road with obvious bad drivers, they don't care about the ramifications of their inexperience has on other people And neither do their ethnic instructors.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2011
2967 posts
1515 upvotes
+1 not even going to bother reading through this thread. pretty sad.

If you have to study some sort of set driving route and book your driving test's two hours from where you actually live for some sort of "advantage from small town driving", then you shouldn't be on the road.
There's already been multiple newspaper articles about this. They need to start restricting where you can take your test based on how far it is from your actual address.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1328 posts
828 upvotes
GTA
I would love to see a thread where people ask rules of the road or for clarifications for signs / situations rather than memorizing the testing route and still not knowing what to do when they approach a flashing red light
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7511 posts
3685 upvotes
Canuckland
zzzz24 wrote: +1 not even going to bother reading through this thread. pretty sad.

If you have to study some sort of set driving route and book your driving test's two hours from where you actually live for some sort of "advantage from small town driving", then you shouldn't be on the road.
There's already been multiple newspaper articles about this. They need to start restricting where you can take your test based on how far it is from your actual address.
smitty9999 wrote: I would love to see a thread where people ask rules of the road or for clarifications for signs / situations rather than memorizing the testing route and still not knowing what to do when they approach a flashing red light

Going for a test and driving are completely different.

Are you gonna tell me you parallel park everyday, never drive over the limit and always make a complete stop at a stop sign?
:facepalm:
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
4099 posts
954 upvotes
jhardydj wrote: Why does it matter? The fact that this thread exists baffles me and makes me laugh at the same time. You either know how to drive or you don't.
Lol. Why even bother posting in this thread?
Sep 10, 2014
75 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am not sure why people are all worked up when test takers are discussing about drive test routes?. There is nothing wrong in practicing on the drive test route before taking the test (in your own car I mean I think it is illegal for the driving instructor's to teach in those routes).. We all practice before taking any test !
I am not sure how many of the 'experienced drivers' look around every 5 seconds, drive within speed limit (hard to find a anyone on 401 doing 100kmph.. almost everyone drives at 110 + unless it is the rushhour!
, stop completely (yes completely) at a STOP sign ?

Now lets come to why this forum is popular. There are many new immigrants who need a license (mostly to get a job or commute) and most of them fear failure because each failure = 100-150$ to the driving instructor's car (yes they do not have a car nor have friends who can drive them there) + the test fees.

So they just want to ensure that they can practice on these routes before the test. Also legally there are entitled to go to any town within Ontario to do the test.

Now the question on why city dwellers go to small towns to clear their test. If that cannot be done, then when small towers move to Toronto or cities, do they re-take the driving test?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7511 posts
3685 upvotes
Canuckland
Passed, NOT happy with (A..hole driving instructor/tester).

When asked to repeat clearly cuz of asian accent he gets mad SO WTF!!! :mad: t(•.•t) t(•.•t)
Once I went to park, I parked it crooked asked if I could fix it and he gets mad saying that "he cannot teach me how to drive"
I fixed and passed the sh.!t

Keep in mind that even if you fail (knock on wood) it doesn't mean you don't know how to drive. I have driven 5 years before I even had my G2 (failed G1 test twice) license back in my Country (YES I am an immigrant and PROUD of it too).

Routes:

• Exit right on Rylander Blvd
  • Left on Kingston road at the lights
  • Turn right on Portunion road
  • Continue straight then turn right at Lawson road
  • Left on Centennial road
  • Pull over, perform an emergency stop and turn on hazard lights
  • Pull out safely then continue driving
  • Left on D'arcy Magee Crescent
  • 3 point turn
  • Parallel park right after 3 point turn
  • Turn right back to Centennial Road
  • After stop sign, turn right on Lawson Road (watch out for lane as it seems wide you will need to signal to right)
  • Continue on Lawsonroad until Portunion road
  • Turn left on Portunion road
  • Exit Kingston road/401 Westbound
  • Keep right to 401 West
  • Change over to one lane (NEEDLESS TO SAY WHEN SAFE)
  • Change back to the same furthest right lane(NOT EXIT LANE which WILL END)
  • Exit Morningside Avenue
  • Turn left on Morningside Avenue at the light (MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE LANE BEFORE THE LIGHTS)
  • Change lane and exit 401 east Kingston
  • Again after merging change one lane over to the left
  • Change back to the right lane that you were (SAFELY)
  • Take exit 390 Kingston Road, Portunion Road, Highway 2A
  • At the lights turn left to Portunion road
  • Change to the furthest left lane (MAKE SURE TO DO IT AFTER 401 WEST EXIT)
  • Turn left on Rylander Blvd
  • Turn left at the 4way stop sign back to the driving center
  • Front park to a parking spot.
FEEL FREE TO PM ME.

PS: My GPS went BANANAS so all I had were my dash cams ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 3, 2011
671 posts
90 upvotes
Took G1 Exit at Etobicoke. Standard route that has been posted in this thread. Relatively quick test, felt like it was 10 minutes and already back at the parking spot. The cones were placed a bit close to the fence so make sure to adjust. Should have no issue passing by making full stops behind the white lines. Scan L-R and for pedestrians at all intersections. Check blind spot at every lane change. Cannot stress the looking part enough =P
Apr 18, 2015
2 posts
Hamilton
Does anyone know the driving test route at Kenora Ave. Hamilton for your G1? Please reply as soon as possible...my poor 84 year old father has to do a road test on Thursday and is worried sick!!!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
somihr wrote: I had my G2 exit road test at Guelph this afternoon and this was the route.

Drive out of the Test Centre
Right on Woodlawn Ave
Left on Royal road, drive all the way to speedvale ave . Watch out for railway tracks.
Left onto Speedvale ave W
Right onto Hanlon pkwy (Merging speed 65-70 kmh)
Exit from the highway onto Willow road
First right onto Marksam road,
Right on Speedvale ave
Back on Hanlon Pkwy
Lane changes a few times,
Left at the traffic light onto Willow Road( separate green signal for left turn)
Right on SilverCreek Pkwy N
Left on Ajax St
Left on Sleeman Ave
Right on Kenwood Cres ( three point turn), emergency park,
Right on Silver creek Pkwy
Left on Dawson
Left on Woodlawn
Back to drive test centre.
Reverse pack
Then normal park

I was not asked to Parallel Park. Took the test around 1 pm and roads were quiet. it was super easy.
Do still remember what are the road speedlimits? My G2 exit road test will be tomorrow at 1pm.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1328 posts
828 upvotes
GTA
d1ulove3 wrote: Do still remember what are the road speedlimits? My G2 exit road test will be tomorrow at 1pm.
holy shoot. there are signs for this sort of thing and if there are no signs, its 80 / 50

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)