[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2022 6:37 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
smitty9999 wrote: holy shoot. there are signs for this sort of thing and if there are no signs, its 80 / 50
I know but every street place location have different speedlimits
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1327 posts
828 upvotes
GTA
If you want to pass your test, I suggest you follow the speed limit
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
smitty9999 wrote: If you want to pass your test, I suggest you follow the speed limit
thanks,
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
7037 posts
4481 upvotes
Question:
1. if you are on the hwy (G test) and right most lane traffic happens to go slower than speed limit (e.g. 80KM-90KM on 100KM zone). Do you just slow down to keep the safe distance or you should pass it?
2. Ramp speed limit - Do we need to keep within the ramp speed limit (if there is one) when we get on to the ramp to exit to the hwy?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7507 posts
3681 upvotes
Canuckland
mkl38s wrote: Question:
1. if you are on the hwy (G test) and right most lane traffic happens to go slower than speed limit (e.g. 80KM-90KM on 100KM zone). Do you just slow down to keep the safe distance or you should pass it?
2. Ramp speed limit - Do we need to keep within the ramp speed limit (if there is one) when we get on to the ramp to exit to the hwy?
1) Don't go over and slow down if you need to
2) No, yellow signs are warnings not "OBEY"
Oct 24, 2006
648 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Tip: Stop signs with white border are OPTIONAL - not everyone knows this.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4331 upvotes
jhardydj wrote: Tip: Stop signs with white border are OPTIONAL - not everyone knows this.
Except Markham and Richmond Hill drivers
Jun 7, 2005
526 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
shroud27 wrote: G test for Toronto East (Lawrence and Victoria Park)

99% sure
Right on Lawrence Ave East,
Right on Underhill road (School zone)
Left on Doonaree Dr.
Right on Redwillow Dr.
Emergency Stop
3 point Turn
Left on Doonaree Dr.
Right on Underhill Dr.
Merge onto Lawrence Ave E.
Take ramp unto DVP North
Take exit unto York Mills Rd
Left on York Mills Rd.
Left onto DVP South Ramp
Take Lawrence Ave E Exit.
Left turn into Lawrence Ave E
Left Turn into DriveTest Plaza
Reverse park unto parking spot.
100% same as my route on last Friday, just remember to do a reverse park when you arrive the drive test centre and go to register, you dont need to worry after coming back from road test.
Sep 14, 2012
465 posts
191 upvotes
Finished the G2 exit test today. Went to the Aurora Drivetest centre.

My route was exactly the same as the one posted on the first page, but in reverse (So south on Yonge first, then Bloomington west, 404 north, etc.).

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned: Get up to speed reasonably quickly, don't take all the time in the world to get up to the speed limit, as in hinders traffic.
Jun 6, 2015
1 posts
Has anyone taken their road test in Collingwood? I will be taking the G2 road test to get my G licence
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1189 upvotes
If you can't pass the test without practice . You should be off the road . No wonder driving skills are down . This thread should be closed for all our safety .
Mar 1, 2012
769 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
I don't understand the hate this thread is generating. blah blah you shouldn't study the route before your test blah blah... The testing system is flawed in so many ways. For one thing a person giving you directions in no way reflects safe driving. Also knowing speed limits ahead of time is crucial in passing, sometimes you don't see the speed limit sign until it's already too late.
Jun 25, 2015
1 posts
Grassie, ON
Hi all, Has anyone done the G test at Simcoe or Stratford? Please share your experience... I will greatly appreciate.
Jan 31, 2010
43 posts
Anyone know the route for the G test in Downsview?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
2173 posts
2306 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
is the oakville testing center not at cornwall/maple grove anymore? I'm looking at google maps and it doesnt say its there. that was where I got my G2 test done.
May 1, 2009
35 posts
Toronto
could someone explain how a pedestrian crosswalk should be treated? (for G2 road test, aka G1 exit)
If there is a pedestrian anywhere along the crosswalk, I should stop before the white line until the road is clear of any pedestrian?
if there isn't any pedestrian on the crosswalk, should I stop or not?
should i treat a pedestrian crosswalk just like a stop sign (but with no cars)?
Sep 6, 2015
1 posts
2 upvotes
Jul1212 wrote: Hi all, Has anyone done the G test at Simcoe or Stratford? Please share your experience... I will greatly appreciate.
Did my G test in stratford, the female examiner i had was very nice. Be careful of the signs and it's fairly tricky as Stratford has all of the different traffic signs, different stops, yield, etc. Make sure you're consistently driving the speed limit. For the higher speed portion 80km/h, you'll take a left onto the that section but there's no speed limit posted, it's still 80.

The G route for stratfor is:
exit Parking lot -> turn left -> turn right to Erie St -> turn left to St Patrick St -> turn left to Church St -> turn left to St David St -> turn right to Erie St -> turn right to W Gore St -> turn left to John St S -> turn left to Woods St -> parallel parking and three point turn on Woods St -> cross John St S -> road side parking on Woods St -> turn left to John St S -> turn right to W Gore St -> turn right to Erie St -> turn left to Pert Line 29 -> turn left to Line 113 -> merge to Erie St -> turn right between McDonald's & Tim Hortons by Ford sign -> turn left -> turn right to the parking lot
Sep 7, 2015
1 posts
hi guys, I'm doing my G2 exit test tomorrow at the Burlington Location
Has the route on the first post changed at all for the exit test

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)