Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 4:00 pm
Aug 6, 2011
2 posts
NORTH YORK
Thanks for postign the routes! This definitely helps!

Question"
When you go from a two way road, make a left turn to a three way road, which lane should I take, the middle one or the left one (right to the lane separator?) My instructor told me the left one, but a friend of mine fail because the evaluator said it was the middle one.
Also, on the uphill park, should the tires touch the curvelane or just be 'close" to it?

Thanks a lot,
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
216 upvotes
hartmann wrote: Thanks for postign the routes! This definitely helps!

Question"
When you go from a two way road, make a left turn to a three way road, which lane should I take, the middle one or the left one (right to the lane separator?) My instructor told me the left one, but a friend of mine fail because the evaluator said it was the middle one.
Also, on the uphill park, should the tires touch the curvelane or just be 'close" to it?

Thanks a lot,

Two way road? Three way road? What is a three way road?

Curvelane?
[OP]
Apr 7, 2009
65 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
jason9945 wrote: Two way road? Three way road? What is a three way road?

Curvelane?

Were you seriously not able to figure out that he meant a 2 lane street vs a 3 lane street?

HARTMANN: When turning left from the left-most lane, you have to turn into the left-most lane, regardless of how many lanes there are on the street you are turning onto. Similarly, if turning left from the second left turn lane, you have to turn into the second lane from the left.

[IMG]http://home.mchsi.com/~dilbert3703/images/left_turn.jpg[/IMG]

When parking, your tires should never touch the curb.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6389 posts
6062 upvotes
jason9945 wrote: He said a three way street. I have no idea what that is.

:facepalm: Give it a rest, already.

On the other hand, great post, RoAres!
Aug 7, 2011
2 posts
HAMILTON
freshman1 wrote: Hi
Does anyone know the G1 route for the Brantford Test Centre?????

Gotta do it on the 8th and am hoping to do a practice run

Thanks

Hey, how did your test go? Do you remember the route by any chance? Does anyone else know the routes for the G1 exit and G2 exit in Brantford? I just want to practice too. Plz let me know.. Thanks for any help
Aug 6, 2011
2 posts
NORTH YORK
RoAres wrote: Were you seriously not able to figure out that he meant a 2 lane street vs a 3 lane street?

HARTMANN: When turning left from the left-most lane, you have to turn into the left-most lane, regardless of how many lanes there are on the street you are turning onto. Similarly, if turning left from the second left turn lane, you have to turn into the second lane from the left.

[IMG]http://home.mchsi.com/~dilbert3703/images/left_turn.jpg[/IMG]

When parking, your tires should never touch the curb.

Thanks very much for the repply, very helpful.

To: jason9945

I may not be the best when writing in English, but so far people who dont understand what I say/write normally asked for clarification without been rude. Thanks, this is not ESL, but it is a forum for help. It is a requirement to be perfectly bilingual? I did not know that.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
216 upvotes
hartmann wrote: Thanks very much for the repply, very helpful.

To: jason9945

I may not be the best when writing in English, but so far people who dont understand what I say/write normally asked for clarification without been rude. Thanks, this is not ESL, but it is a forum for help. It is a requirement to be perfectly bilingual? I did not know that.

It was a nonsense post, at least take some care to find out what things are called before asking for help. Can people do anything on their own anymore?
[OP]
Apr 7, 2009
65 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
jason9945 wrote: That's a one way street with two exits. Not a three way street.
That post was supposed to be humorous... and it was
jason9945 wrote: It was a nonsense post, at least take some care to find out what things are called before asking for help. Can people do anything on their own anymore?
Can you please just drop it and stop spamming my thread? Please
Aug 20, 2011
5 posts
MISSISSAUGA
hi.. friends
I have g1 exitroadtest in Kitchener on this sep.
does anybody knowthe route, so ill do some practice.
I'll appriciate for the help. thanks in advance.
Sep 6, 2011
2 posts
MISSISSAUGA
i am so happy that i found this thread. At first page of this thread i can only find route for G2 exit test for etobicoke location. i really appreciate if someone tell me the test route for G1 exit test...i am really nervous...
Thanks in advance...
Mar 21, 2010
2 posts
4 upvotes
Hi all,

I found this forum helpful and thought I would share my experience at Downsview. Despite the negative press associated with this Drive Centre, I decided to book here since I was familiar with the area as my parents live there. I failed on my first try but passed on my second. Note, they repainted the parking spots between my two tests and on my second try they were oriented the opposite way (east-west, instead of north-south) and were narrower and shallower.

I had two completely opposite experiences on my G1 exit test; on my first, the instructor was rude and required I do (what I thought) was in excess of what was required.

First Test (July 2011, in the earlier part of the day between 10-11)
-exit parking lot, stop at stop sign and turn left on Carl Hall Road. Follow through, stopping at stop signs and the pedestrian crossing.
-turn right on Sheppard (where there is a turning lane on the other side, making it three lanes whereas where you turn there are only two lanes).
-switch lanes.
-turn right at Tuscan Gate.
-turn right at St Regis Cres. North. Uphill Park; then perform Emergency Stop.
-turn left on Bakersfield Road and then turn left again on St Regis Cres. Perform parallel park. Perform 3 point turn.
-turn right at Bakersfield Rd., continue to Tuscan Gate and turn right on Sheppard [this is where I messed me up; a pedestrian changed directions at the last minute and decided to cross, despite the awkwardness of the scenario, the drive test guy was an ass about it]
-switch lanes, turn left at Carl Hall Road and go back to the Drive Centre, parking frontward.

Second Test (August 2011, in the later part of the day between 3-4)
-exit parking lot, stop at stop sign and turn left on Carl Hall Road. Follow through, stopping at stop signs and the pedestrian crossing.
-turn right on Sheppard.
-switch lanes.
-turn right at Tuscan Gate.
-turn right at St Regis Cres. North. Perform Emergency Stop.
-turn left on Bakersfield Road and then turn left again on St Regis Cres. Perform 3 point turn.
-turn right at Bakersfield Rd., continue to Tuscan Gate and turn right on Sheppard (no indecisive pedestrians this time!)
-switch lanes, turn left at Carl Hall Road and go back to the Drive Centre, rear parking. The spots were narrower, shallower and differently oriented but I didn't have a problem.

Overall, I had a harder time and more "hoops" to jump my first time. There were more people at the lot in the morning, than later in the day and there were no trucks in the afternoon driving around in the industrial area where they take you. The difference in instructors was also pretty crazy - one was gruff and rude whereas the second was nice and chatty to the point of distraction (which I felt was a test in and of itself, so if you get a chatter pay attention).

Good luck!
Sep 5, 2011
13 posts
3 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Hey everyone,

Just had my G1 exit road test in Oshawa this afternoon and I passed with flying colors :)
YAY!

Since there aren't many replies on the Oshawa test route, I thought I would share my experience:

Had the test at 2:45 pm.
My examiner was friendly but professional (Hi Kim!)
She didn't say much but she had this friendly aura that made me feel at ease and definitely affected my driving in a positive way :)
She tested me on left and right turns, a downhill park (on a flat surface, of course), a 3-point turn, and a parallel parking.
I had to back out from the parking spot at the test center when I started because my instructor parked the car head in.
I think this could be the reason why she didn't test me on my back in/reverse parking.

I can't remember the exact test route because we drove on small residential streets, but this is roughly how I remember it:
- Exit the test center on to John St W, turn right and drive all the way to Park Rd. South.
- Turn left to Park Rd. South (don't forget to change lane!)
- Turn right to Frontenac Ave. (this is where she asked me to perform a downhill park)
And I can't remember the exact route after that but we're just driving around the residential area, where she then asked me to do a parallel parking and a 3-point turn.
- Somehow ended up driving on Grenfell St.
- Make a right turn to King St. West (it's one-way road, stay on the far right lane after you make the turn)
- Turn right to Park Rd. South.
- Turn left to John St. West, reduce speed from 50km/h to 40km/h
And voila! You're back at the test center :)

Things to remember during the test:
- Check your rear view mirror every 5-10 seconds.
- Check your blind spot every time you signal.
- Turn your entire upper body to check what's behind your car (just exaggerate the movement) whenever you're driving on reverse
- Stay within the speed limit :)

Oshawa's max speed limit is 50km/h unless stated.
John St West (the street in front of the test center) is 40km/h.

That's my 2 cents.
Good luck everyone :)
Oct 26, 2009
418 posts
15 upvotes
Has anyone done the g1 exit test at aurora or have access to sample routes?
Sep 20, 2011
2 posts
TORONTO
Hi,
Does anyone know the driving test route for Simcoe (140 Queensway East is the location of the test centre)? Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
245 upvotes
Request, anyone have the Burlington G1 exit route? I know it varies but I'd appreciate any tips.