Automotive

[Merged] Ontario Driving Test Routes

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 4:00 pm
Aug 4, 2008
9 posts
5 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
Found my route for Kitchener on my computer from a while back, so I figured I'd post it...

- Out of Drive Test Centre turn left on to Ottawa
- Couple lane changes down Ottawa
- Turn Left on 7 East
- After merging, lane change left then almost immediately lane change right
- Take first exit (Victoria)
- Turn Right on to Bruce St.
- Turn Right on to Frederick St.
- Take first right on to Ann St.
- Ann St. is where I did my Parallel Park, 3 point turn at the dead end and emergency stop
- Heading back towards Frederick I did my emergency stop then turned right on Frederick
- Take first right on to Edna St.
- At the lights turn Right on to 7 West
- Be careful at this on ramp as there is a sharp bend, go 40km then pick up speed quickly as it is a really short on ramp
- You will then take the first exit (Ottawa)
- After the off ramp get in to the left turn lane to turn left on Ottawa
- Couple more lane changes on Ottawa
- Turn right on River road
- Turn left on Conway Dr.
- Turn right on Old Chicopee Dr.
- Turn left on Edenbridge Dr.
- Turn left on Oldfield Dr.
- Turn right in to Drive Test Parking lot
- Pull in to 20 minute parking just in front to hear your verdict
Feb 26, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
Burlington
Went for my second attempt in Burlington today and I passed! Woo! My route was:

1: Exit to the left onto North Service Road.
2: Turn left at the lights onto Brant Street.
3: Continue up Brant Street, mindful of the speed limit and turn left onto Ester Drive.
4: Turn left onto Janina Blvd.
5: All 3 components of the test occur on Janina. 3 point turn, hill parl and parallel park.
6: Exit Janina Blvd, turn right on Ester and turn right onto Brant street.
7: Proceed down Brant street, mindful of the speed limit again, and turn right onto North Service Road.
8. Pull into the Drive Test Centre and that's it, you're done!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6374 posts
6020 upvotes
jamglow wrote: Found my route for Kitchener on my computer from a while back, so I figured I'd post it...

- Out of Drive Test Centre turn left on to Ottawa
- Couple lane changes down Ottawa
- Turn Left on 7 East
- After merging, lane change left then almost immediately lane change right
- Take first exit (Victoria)
- Turn Right on to Bruce St.
- Turn Right on to Frederick St.
- Take first right on to Ann St.
- Ann St. is where I did my Parallel Park, 3 point turn at the dead end and emergency stop
- Heading back towards Frederick I did my emergency stop then turned right on Frederick
- Take first right on to Edna St.
- At the lights turn Right on to 7 West
- Be careful at this on ramp as there is a sharp bend, go 40km then pick up speed quickly as it is a really short on ramp
- You will then take the first exit (Ottawa)
- After the off ramp get in to the left turn lane to turn left on Ottawa
- Couple more lane changes on Ottawa
- Turn right on River road
- Turn left on Conway Dr.
- Turn right on Old Chicopee Dr.
- Turn left on Edenbridge Dr.
- Turn right in to Drive Test Parking lot
- Pull in to 20 minute parking just in front to hear your verdict
Hey Jamglow, thanks for posting. I took the liberty to map out your Kitchener G Drive Test route in Google Maps:
http://goo.gl/maps/dHNec

Looks pretty challenging!
Jan 25, 2011
106 posts
23 upvotes
Any one have theetobicoke location for g1 exit route?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
6374 posts
6020 upvotes
Thanks to cosmicberri's previous posting of a Kitchener G1 exit route:
ontario-driving-test-routes-839761/9/#post15609257

Here is another one:
- From Drive Test Centre, turn left on Ottawa St.
- Turn left at Old Chicopee Dr.
- Turn right at Holborn Dr. (parallel Park here)
- Turn left on River Rd.
- Turn left on Kenora Dr.
- Turn left on Old Chicopee Dr.
- Turn right on Edenbridge Dr.
- Turn right into Drive Test Parking lot

http://goo.gl/maps/DMm3S
Deal Addict
May 1, 2004
1185 posts
1 upvote
Guys,

I confirm the G2-exit test route for Aurora.

Crucial Tips to look for to ensure a pass:

Assuming you are a safe driver... (that being the most important thing)

1. When driving on local roads, make sure to check your rear view mirror frequently.
2. When stopped at intersections - make sure to scan the traffic/intersection from left-right, vice versa.
3. When driving thru any intersection, just scan thru the intersection both sides.
4. Always check your blind-spot at all times during lane changes (both local and hwy) and wherever necessary.
5. Watch for traffic signs around you. The route has 40, 50, 60, 80 and 100 KM/hr speed signs. So, watch out for them.
6. Learn how to make a 3-point turn, and parallel parking for sure.

-- If you can reach 2-3 hours before the test appointment and practice sufficiently enough to familiarize yourself with the roads - that will be very helpful. At least, I found it really helpful :)

Thanks to USERS: spiderpal93 and RoAres for posting the Aurora route and other ones.
Apr 17, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
MISSISSAUGA
From test centre
Turn Right to Eglinton
Examiner will tell you, to turn left
on the second stop light (Orbitor drive) turn left
Next stop (full stop sign)
Turn Left on Matheson Blvd
Change right lane
Next stop sign -- turn right on Satellite Blvd.
Then left on Solar Drive
Emergency Parking
Three point Turn
Left on Satellite
Left on Matheson Blvd.
Change left Lane
Turn Left on Spectrum Parkway
Then emergency downhill Parking
You will see stop sign
Straight and then Left back to the centre
turn right on the parking
you will see orange cone
They will instruct you to do the parallel parking
Then drive and park
The end...

Karma123 wrote: Hi,

My G1 exit test is in Etobicoke test centre.

I saw post for the route of G2 exit test. I need G1 test route.

If any one know the route, please reply.

Thanks
Apr 27, 2013
1 posts
Can anyone post the g2 road test for Clinton, Ontario if possible?? thanks!
Feb 13, 2009
451 posts
77 upvotes
The image has been removed for the Oshawa G2 Exit test route. Any chance of a re-up?
Mar 11, 2011
82 posts
14 upvotes
Orangeville driving test route for G license.

Exit from back side of exam centre, take left on 4 ave, left on 3rd street, right on first avenue, parallel parking, left on second st, right on broadway, right on first st, lane changes, merge on hwy 10 south, lane changes, left on Buena vista dr, left on lakeview court, three point turn and emergency stop, almost reverse on same route to exam centre.
May 22, 2013
1 posts
Hey everyone,

I am about to take my G test at the DriveTest centre in Huntsville, ON. I am a very confident driver, but I was wondering if anyone had tips, tricks or new the route even in Huntsville. Has anyone taken the G test in Huntsville before?

Responses are greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!
Jun 13, 2013
4 posts
I just failed my first G1 exit road test at Metro East (Lawrence/Victoria Park). I was quite nervous. The examiner said to "change lanes when safe" right after getting on Lawrence, and as I waited 2 seconds for traffic to pass he said "come on!" and urged me to change right away. I was like what the hell, you said "when safe". I guess the lesson is that when they say to "change lanes when safe" it means they already think it's safe. Anyway I failed for changing lanes too slowly that time, and apparently changing too dangerously another time (although I checked all the points and saw no cars nearby). But granted, I was very nervous and my judgment may have been off. The route was the standard one I've heard, taking you to a small street off Underhill Drive to parallel park and three point turn.

I'm going to Aurora in two weeks time, and I'll write back how it goes. Good luck everybody. I've read through most of this thread and it's been a great help.
Nov 10, 2011
194 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
Bump!

I have two questions regarding the emergency stops.
first, is this the same thing as a roadside stop?
and second, do you have to turn off the engine after setting it to park and setting the parking brake?
Dec 21, 2007
7 posts
Gave my test yesterday in Orillia for anyone who wants to know. It was really easy. There were all ladies working in that centre. Small town full of white folks made me nervous since i seemed the odd one out. Tester was a dominatrix. I failed to follow her commands twice, hit the curb on parallel parking, failed to check blindspots etc etc. At the end i gave a big sigh when parking in convinced i failed.... but she passed me. All she said was i need to be more observant of my surroundings. O.o ........ a good surprise for sure. All she did was make me go through some very easy winding roads with low traffic , a parallel parking on the second street, followed by an uphill parking on the third, and some lefts and rights on the way back to the test centre. No reverse parking for me ( which is also what im really weak at ) . So give it a shot, Orillia, it's far..... but might be worth it if you already failed a bunch of times. There were 4 other people who passed while i was waiting in the centre. One kid failed but he seemed snotty.
Feb 20, 2011
165 posts
19 upvotes
London
Anyone know the G1 Exit test for London?