Expired Offers

Locked: Prescription Eyeglasses for just over $30 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 8:28 pm
Jun 1, 2006
472 posts
65 upvotes
NB
anniesunshine123 wrote: I am happy to give a positive review of my experience at Glasses Shop online. http://www.glassesshop.com/

Currently they have a 50+ options in their "First Pair Free" range from which they offer one pair of sunglasses or prescription glasses per customer to encourage you to try their online service.

The glasses are not technically free because you have to pay US$9.90 in shipping and handling charges. Use code FIRSTFREE at the checkout. You can pay by debit/credit card or paypal.

The glasses are made and shipped from overseas but I was pleased to receive my pair well within 2 weeks of ordering.

I chose a pair of "free" frames with basic prescription lenses for computer use. I used the customised lens option and chose only the basic 1.50 thickness lens with free anti-scratch protection so as not to add extra charges to my order. Anti-reflective coating is only US$4.95 though, if you would benefit from it, and there are also options for UV protection and sunglasses tints at an additional cost.

The glasses arrived in a cardboard outer box which fitted through my letter box so there was no need to wait in for delivery. Inside that, the glasses were presented in a semi-transparent plastic case, in which they were wrapped in a thick microfibre cleaning cloth. My choice of frames is a good basic quality with wires through the temples so they can be adjusted easily to fit, and the prescription is perfect for computer use, as ordered.

I am now ordering a more expensive pair, using a Facebook promo code FBFAN50 which gives 50% off frames and any additional lens options. :)
thx...have u been working for the company long...
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17756 posts
5694 upvotes
Toronto
Looking to purchase glasses online. What is the best places besides Clearly Contacts, Eyebuydirect etc.?
Mar 10, 2003
832 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
carmaster wrote: Looking to purchase glasses online. What is the best places besides Clearly Contacts, Eyebuydirect etc.?
trying to revive this thread if not too late. :)

I've been hear good review about ilookglasses.ca !
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1251 posts
523 upvotes
North York, ON
In need of new eyeglasses and never thought about buying online- sick and tired of being ripped off by B&M eyeglass companies. Have already perused about 100 pages and lots of great info. Will be ordering progressives to see if I'm comfortable with them. At these prices I can easily afford sun and regular glasses. Thanks to all for their input.
Jan 13, 2005
849 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
The eyeglasse industry need to adapt to the bew reality of online purchases. And stop the outrageous prices they are charging. I would be more than happy to pay a fee say 100$ for the optician and 100$ for glasses. 600-700$ is outrageous.

If they don't, well, it's just like taxi, hotels, food, retail, the marketbwill dictate eho survives
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1577 posts
216 upvotes
Lévis
KAN wrote: The eyeglasse industry need to adapt to the bew reality of online purchases. And stop the outrageous prices they are charging. I would be more than happy to pay a fee say 100$ for the optician and 100$ for glasses. 600-700$ is outrageous.

If they don't, well, it's just like taxi, hotels, food, retail, the marketbwill dictate eho survives
Don't expect retailers to change soon: insurances...
Pourquoi pas?
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
Any NEW Reviews/Deals/Promo Codes for On-line glasses purchases....looking for prescription sunglasses...'tis the season! :cool:
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3872 posts
1194 upvotes
WFH
SPARTACVS wrote: Don't expect retailers to change soon: insurances...
Eh? Not many insurances will cover $600-$700 even with coordinating benefits. A couple of hundred every two years is more typical. Plus a huge share of the population doesn't have benefits. With their exceptional prices, service and zero risk return policies the online retailers are continually winning market share. It's only a matter of time.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5827 posts
981 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Big Shooter wrote: Any NEW Reviews/Deals/Promo Codes for On-line glasses purchases....looking for prescription sunglasses...'tis the season! :cool:
I have been pretty happy with Zenni.

Just ordered another set of glasses since my prescription changed, mabe a mistake in the prescription and they picked it up (based on my previous orders) and emailed me about it to get it corrected.

Biggest issue I found with a new on-line retailer is trying to find a frame that I like and that fits.
With Zenni I just order the same frame and adjust the prescription as required.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5827 posts
981 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
anniesunshine123 wrote: I am happy to give a positive review of my experience at Glasses Shop online. http://www.glassesshop.com/
Has anyone else ordered from them?

I have been happy with Zenni but my prescription has changed, need stronger lenses, and Zenni doesn't offer that new prescription in bifocal....but glassesshop seems to.
So I might try them but more feedback would be nice.

Problem with glassesshop doesn't have a frame I really like....however, I can live with what they have to offer if the lenses themselves are fine.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5827 posts
981 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
I found a frame at glassesshop.com which I liked and which is the right size.
Their search mechanism isn't the greatest - couldn't find it initially because of their description and the keywords they use.

So I tried my prescription with bi-focals and it seems to be OK.
At least the system accepted it and I placed my order.

There are a lot of different types of discounts available, so if you order you should check them all out to see which gives you the best deal.

Price for my glasses was reasonable - now to see what actually arrives....and when
Nov 8, 2013
478 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My first time buying glasses, what's the recommendation for the best sites to buy from/how to calculate PD?

I don't really need glasses that much (just for far distances), so I thought I might as well get them online and use them until I actually need them regularly.
Oct 11, 2004
659 posts
99 upvotes
Montreal, Qc
DreamSanctuary wrote: My first time buying glasses, what's the recommendation for the best sites to buy from/how to calculate PD?
If you already bought glasses in store, the PD will be on the receipt. I did my lenses order at Costco 3 years ago. Last week I went back and asked them to reprint my receipt. I had my PD. :)

On the 4th I ordered my first pair online, from Zenni Optical. Received the pair yesterday via Canada Post. No extra charges.
The lenses seem to have the correct prescription.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1783 posts
560 upvotes
GTA
SPARTACVS wrote: Don't expect retailers to change soon: insurances...
I asked my insurance if I could buy glasses online and get reimbursed and they said yes, just make sure the prescription is included.

"Internet receipts are acceptable, provided all information required to process the claim is
included, including details of the prescription."
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1577 posts
216 upvotes
Lévis
wackojacko wrote: I asked my insurance if I could buy glasses online and get reimbursed and they said yes, just make sure the prescription is included.

"Internet receipts are acceptable, provided all information required to process the claim is
included, including details of the prescription."
I didn't made myself clear. I wanted to say that because many peoples got their glasses refunded by their insurance, it drags prices to the high side.
Pourquoi pas?