Locked: [Merged] Quality journalism from CBC news - Sunshine List

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 1st, 2018 9:33 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
8278 posts
252 upvotes
From the article...
Visible minority groups make up 29.3 per cent of Ontario's population, data from Canada's 2016 census shows. This number is expected to grow "drastically" in the next 15 years, says Coteau, and the province's public servants need to reflect this diversity.
70%+ of people in Ontario (and likely the country) are "white" and I would wager that number was higher 2 decades ago when a lot of these people were starting out the careers that have brought them to the position they're in now. It's likely that positions in government will be dominated by "white" people when they are the largest group of people (even though classifying people as "white" is hilarious when the ethnic diversity among the group is obviously significant just looking at the pictures).

Also, keep up the identity politics CBC. Keep telling "white" people that they shouldn't have the jobs they have solely due to the colour of their skin. The backlash to this type of racism won't be dangerous at all...
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10139 posts
1229 upvotes
Martin Luther King Jr once said:

""I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

we are moving further and further away from that....
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3092 posts
1395 upvotes
Toronto
kingofwale wrote: Martin Luther King Jr once said:

""I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

we are moving further and further away from that....
He also said:
“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.”

“No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.”
Unfortunately, in 2018, some have interpreted that people of colour are literally meant to be street sweepers.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
7954 posts
1524 upvotes
Well, yea, Canada's a white country.

I've actually had some dumb-ass acquaintances get "offended" by that when they argued with me.

Things went quiet when I asked them who colonized the land and what did they look like.

Lets all go to Asia and complain about lack of whites making 6 figures in government jobs. It'll make just as much sense.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2010
1662 posts
836 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote: Well, yea, Canada's a white country.

I've actually had some dumb-ass acquaintances get "offended" by that when they argued with me.

Things went quiet when I asked them who colonized the land and what did they look like.

Lets all go to Asia and complain about lack of whites making 6 figures in government jobs. It'll make just as much sense.
And this is why the left is destroying the West. While countries in Asia are focused on building infrastructure and economic development irrespective of nonsense such as this, those in the West are obsessed with political correctness which handicaps us in the name of virtue signalling. I can't imagine how uncompetitive the Western world will be in 50-100 years, with Canada and the likes of Trudeau leading the way.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2700 posts
1354 upvotes
Ojam wrote: So explain how that as the op said...
Okay, blacks are over-represented in the penal system. I argue that casts black people in a negative light, as there is an inference that black people must be doing something inappropriate to disproportionately be in such situation.

White people are over-represented in government jobs. I argue that casts white people in a negative light, as there is an inference that white people must be doing something inappropriate to disproportionately be in such situation.

The point? We've been repeatedly told that stereotyping is bad, but it seems whites are the exception to the rule. This shtick is getting old and tiresome ...
Corvus oculum corvi non eruit.
Jul 26, 2016
209 posts
76 upvotes
news about 2017 Sunshine List

The numbers consists salary and bonus only, left out compensations. Number of workers increased from 123,410 to 131,741. Average pay raise is 7%.

So sweet! I dreamt about being on that list one day - may take that dream to my grave though, but there's always hope! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1290 posts
432 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I know a few people on it. A doctor making $325K, a former friend/acquaintance who is a glorified secretary making $115K (in a job that's probably only worth about $60K), a nurse making $130K and a relative who works in finance and makes about $115K - she'd be making that whether in private or public. The only one that really annoys me is the secretary woman - mainly because knowing her I'd bet my life that she's just coasting while making all that money, it just peeves me.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2700 posts
1354 upvotes
Can I ask why you guys don't go work for the government, yourselves?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5611 posts
969 upvotes
Toronto

Reading everyone post about other people's jobs about pay in laziness and how we all work hard, we're a bunch of Frank Grimes'.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2700 posts
1354 upvotes
@No Frills Poor Grimey!
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1070 posts
436 upvotes
DT Calgary
Private sector is largely for losers in Canada. Get that public sector job I tell ya!
Jul 26, 2016
209 posts
76 upvotes
Been trying to get on the gravy train for some time. It's not easy! But I will keep trying until I succeed or can't.

Would be nice to have my own tax paid for my salary and benefits and pensions. Dreams only come true when we take action.
Jul 26, 2016
209 posts
76 upvotes
That secretary you mentioned is working hard to pleasing her bosses and bullshiting her way to keep her hyper-inflated salary, which actually is hard and skillful.

Some bus drivers also get on the list. I am sure they work a lit of overtime to get there though.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3094 posts
1380 upvotes
No Frills wrote:

Reading everyone post about other people's jobs about pay in laziness and how we all work hard, we're a bunch of Frank Grimes'.
Back when the Simpsons gave a damn.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)