Real Estate

[Merged] Real estate crash - yes, no, maybe?

Poll: Canadian Real Estate Crash

• Total votes: 1772. You have voted on this poll.
Yes

41%
No

40%
Maybe

19%
Nov 14, 2012
128 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
rocking23nf wrote: I cant see a 70% drop ever happening, cities would go under from the lack of property taxes.

Im in edmonton, we are still getting nice raises, my company has had no layoffs in a few years now.

The malls are packed, the food courts are packed. Go shopping on a saturday and its insanely busy.

I just dont see this crash happening in Alberta unless oil tanks down below 30$ a barrel.
I am with big 3 banks and all our future project funding have been pulled back. All the Project Managers are now allocated 75% allocated to projects. Only 6 months back PM were complaining about work life balance and now everyone is looking over the shoulders.
Sep 7, 2018
646 posts
497 upvotes
Just sold in the west gta.

Condo, 2 days on the market and over asking
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9457 posts
8519 upvotes
Markham
I wonder how hot this spring market will be. Mortgages are dirt cheap, the stress test is about to be cut, and we're getting into spring.

Condo's getting hot?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1065 posts
1098 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: I wonder how hot this spring market will be. Mortgages are dirt cheap, the stress test is about to be cut, and we're getting into spring.

Condo's getting hot?
Why do you think the stress test will be cut? OFSI and CHMC have both recently said the stress test is still a good idea.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
7301 posts
7787 upvotes
Toronto
NotRobot wrote: Why do you think the stress test will be cut? OFSI and CHMC have both recently said the stress test is still a good idea.
Probably just speculating off Morneau's hint;

Morneau made the announcement today in the House of Commons.

The budget is expected to include money to help workers get the skills training they need to adjust to the rapidly changing workforce.

Morneau has also said the Trudeau government is looking for ways to make home-buying more affordable for millennials — something that could be addressed in the budget.

https://www.canadianbusiness.com/busine ... -march-19/