Entertainment

[Merged] The RFD Anime Thread! **No Spoilers Please!**

Sep 30, 2001
29574 posts
9099 upvotes
Toronto
the naruto manga is pretty good. i'm having more fun though with Gantz and Ichigo 100%. parfait tic isnt bad either..though of course different genres.
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15116 posts
1511 upvotes
Markham
can someone PM me about there to buy manga? i want to purchase at a local store (within GTA, preferably Markham) instead of online stores..

manga i'm looking for (US release, not jap/bilingual):

Love Hina all 14 volumes
Negima volume 1-4 that's currently out

thanks in advance :)
ShadowVlican
Sep 30, 2001
29574 posts
9099 upvotes
Toronto
you can buy manga at <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> or your local comic shop. <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> has a limited selection however you should easily find the entire LH series (i see it at nearly every <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> store i goto). negima will probably not be in stock.

i buy my manga locally from cybercity at bathurst + steeles or online if i find a coupon/deal.
Dec 11, 2003
638 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
The Digital Dolphin wrote:I looked for it last night, but all I could find was the raw format.... still, the pictures looked good :cheesygri
Did you try to Google for "Naruto manga"? The first link there has the latest chapter if you didn't check it out already.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15116 posts
1511 upvotes
Markham
MrDisco wrote:you can buy manga at <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> or your local comic shop. <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> has a limited selection however you should easily find the entire LH series (i see it at nearly every <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> store i goto). negima will probably not be in stock.

i buy my manga locally from cybercity at bathurst + steeles or online if i find a coupon/deal.

WOW!!! big thanks to ya pal!! i never knew <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> would carry manga.... hahahah... looks like i got some shopping todo tomorrow :D

btw: would cybercity be cheaper? :cheesygri
ShadowVlican
Sep 30, 2001
29574 posts
9099 upvotes
Toronto
ch apters actually expanded their manga offerings a few months back so its not as pitiful as it used to be, however they still cant compete against comic shops. cybercity cheaper...umm dunno really. i get a discount there but i imagine if you have the ch apters card it maybe be a bit cheaper. if you do go down they're a small shop so they may not have the all of the back volumes in stock (i know #4 of negima came out this past week - great read as always).
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15116 posts
1511 upvotes
Markham
MrDisco wrote:ch apters actually expanded their manga offerings a few months back so its not as pitiful as it used to be, however they still cant compete against comic shops. cybercity cheaper...umm dunno really. i get a discount there but i imagine if you have the ch apters card it maybe be a bit cheaper. if you do go down they're a small shop so they may not have the all of the back volumes in stock (i know #4 of negima came out this past week - great read as always).
yea. i always expect those specialty shops to be cheaper and have more selection.... oh well.. i'll see what <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a> have in stock :D
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
3493 posts
32 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote:I looked for it last night, but all I could find was the raw format.... still, the pictures looked good :cheesygri
Translated is now online. omfg part 2 is going to great! :cheesygri SEXY NO JuSTU! Can't wait to see how Sasuke and Itachi look...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
spike-spiegel wrote:Translated is now online. omfg part 2 is going to great! :cheesygri SEXY NO JuSTU! Can't wait to see how Sasuke and Itachi look...
wow that was certainly an interesting chapter....I didn't see ANY of that coming
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9062 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
:lol: .. i wanted to c his ultra perverted sexy no jutsu... maybe on the next chap??... heheh... i need to re read the naruto manga... ive been slacking lately...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5374 posts
530 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote:can someone PM me about there to buy manga? i want to purchase at a local store (within GTA, preferably Markham) instead of online stores..

manga i'm looking for (US release, not jap/bilingual):

Love Hina all 14 volumes
Negima volume 1-4 that's currently out

thanks in advance :)
You should actually check out Heroes in Markham too! They have quite the selection. They are located on the north side of Highway 7 just west of Kennedy.
This space for rent.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1143 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
Did ya hear the Naruto Anime might be on hold for 26 weeks?

[QUOTE]The Naruto gods are once again testing our patience however, putting the Naruto anime that is ever so close to catching up with the manga on hold. We will not be seeing Episode 120 of the series entitled: Roar! Howl! The Ultimate Dog - until February the 2nd. I can't help but think the series may be put on hold for a whole season (26 weeks) soon, or we will be seeing a bunch of filler episodes. I know they don't want to catch up to the manga completely.[/QUOTE]

that's from Narutofan.com
Sep 30, 2001
29574 posts
9099 upvotes
Toronto
hmm really liked the new naruto chapter (dig the new uniforms). cant wait to see how they've 'powered up' over the last 2yrs.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2267 posts
608 upvotes
ck1223 wrote:Did ya hear the Naruto Anime might be on hold for 26 weeks?

damn it! I wanted to see the Rock Lee fight! grrr...
Sep 30, 2001
29574 posts
9099 upvotes
Toronto
This is a short 12ep series that recently was broadcated in Japan. The title makes no sense to me as a grenadier is a foot soldier equipped with grenades. In this case however the lead character is a tall busty blonde who is an expert marksman with a pistol. Go figure. Did I mention she's busty? One of the gags in this show is her impressive pair of breasts (how does storing her bullets in her cleavage and then making them bounce so that the bullets pop up allowing her to reload in mid-air sound?). The basic premise is the land is at that point in time where swords make way to the new generation of weapons - guns (et al). Senshi (experts with guns) are brought in to give the warring states an advantage over their neighbours. The Empress sends out an emissary to preach love and kindness in an effort to stop the conflicts. Rushana, our tall busty blonde, is that emissary. Part of her teachings include embracing her enemy into her ample bossum to take the fight out of them.

ok at this point i'm thinking what kind of drugs were the creator's of this show on?

So anyway Rushana meets up with an honorable swordsman/merceny/rebel and together they travel the land to bring about peace. along the way Rushana is framed by the Empress and suddenly we have a monster of the week syndrome of guys trying to capture her for the reward. toss in a Clown who seems to be the real enemy pulling the strings and a Lord Of The Rings-style quest and you have yourself a show folks.

So all in all this another craptacular series which can safely be avoided.

- MrDisco: watching crap anime so you don't have to
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5374 posts
530 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up Mr. Disco! Is it just me or have the releases been slowing down? I'm currently following Bleach, Naruto, Yakikate, MyHime, Negima and AMG TV.

I'm all caught up with MyHiME and really like this series. I just started Negima and it quite funny so I will most likely keep up with it. My friend recommended me to wait for Bleach 17 before I watch 16. I guess 16 ended with him wanting more. I also did not watch Naruto 119 because he told me it was just a filler so I hope they do not delay 120!! 26 weeks is a long time!!! Maybe its time to open up my sealed DVDs and start watching those. :cheesygri
This space for rent.
Oct 2, 2004
365 posts
2 upvotes
Looking for the Negima and LH manga series? ooooOOOOOooooo!!! Another Akamatsu fan! :cheesygri

The price really shouldn't vary. It's set at a specific cover as with books. However, you may find the occasional store (like Gameshack in downtown GTA) that sell them for a bit cheaper. Selection isn't as good though. :confused:

Speaking of manga, anyone here read Gunsmith Cats? Been a while since I've picked it up and I'm wondering whether Sonada is still doing the series or not. I gave the first volume of You're Under Arrest a while back and wasn't too impressed with it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
9069 posts
2670 upvotes
Burnaby
ck1223 wrote:Did ya hear the Naruto Anime might be on hold for 26 weeks?

That was pure speculation. Even says "*I* can't help..."

Realistically, they will do the anime up to chapter 238, and maybe 239-244 to fill in Kakashi Gaiden, and then most likely the series will end or put on hold indefinately.

Or worse, they will make up a whole new arc ala Kenshin's 3rd arc