Entertainment

[Merged] The RFD Anime Thread! **No Spoilers Please!**

Oct 2, 2004
365 posts
2 upvotes
Just came back from lunch. For those looking for slightly cheaper manga in the downtown area drop by Gameshack in the Atrium. Most that sell at $14.99 (Love Hina, Negima, Naruto, etc) are $11.99 there. Not the biggest selection unfortunately. :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5504 posts
690 upvotes
Keyboard Cowboy wrote:Just came back from lunch. For those looking for slightly cheaper manga in the downtown area drop by Gameshack in the Atrium. Most that sell at $14.99 (Love Hina, Negima, Naruto, etc) are $11.99 there. Not the biggest selection unfortunately. :confused:
You should check out Hairy Tarantula on Yonge st too. Its quite hard to find so you'll have to look for the proper address:

354 Yonge St
Toronto, ON, M5B 1S5

Telephone:
(416) 596-8002

They are selling their manga at US cover price in Canadian dollars. So that means if its listed at $9.99 US, you will pay $9.99 CAD for it. They have a huge selection of anime in there. They're located in a second level so when you're looking for the store, look for a stairway instead of a storefront. :D
This space for rent.
Oct 2, 2004
365 posts
2 upvotes
Been there quite often. Dingy little place. Haven't been in a while so didn't know about the US cover bit. I let my membership lapse and thought that was the only way. Thanks for the tip. :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9079 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Gunner X: thanks for the heads up ... next time im in tdot ill mos def check that place out...

Mr.Disco: thanks for suggesting Genshiken... man its soo good... i was soo hooked on it after the first ep... which led me to find 10 other eps for it... :D ... and i agree about Grenadier.... pure craptastic..
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
another place with an amazing selection is 1,000,000 comix
Be kind and civil with one another
Jan 12, 2004
106 posts
Toronto
crimsona wrote:That was pure speculation. Even says "*I* can't help..."

Realistically, they will do the anime up to chapter 238, and maybe 239-244 to fill in Kakashi Gaiden, and then most likely the series will end or put on hold indefinately.

Or worse, they will make up a whole new arc ala Kenshin's 3rd arc
It's quite surprising how fast the anime has caught up to the manga so they might put the anime on hold but 26 weeks would be a terrible marketing mistake.

As for Naruto 245 - it was expected but great! Can't wait until 246 comes out!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9079 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
hisoka wrote:It's quite surprising how fast the anime has caught up to the manga so they might put the anime on hold but 26 weeks would be a terrible marketing mistake.

As for Naruto 245 - it was expected but great! Can't wait until 246 comes out!
it would make alot of otaku's pissed if Naruto is on hold for 26 weeks... i hope it doenst turn out that way tho... -_- ...

i hope in chap 246 we get to c Naruto's ultra perverted sexy-no-jutsu.. :lol:
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
yea.... i'm a been a Ken Akamatsu ever since i watched Love Hina (second anime i ever watched, with eva being the first) just started to read the negima manga since the anime came out.. i can say it's pretty darn entertaining! :D

thanks to everyone who listed those stores... i will be checking them out as time allows... maybe i'll actually buy something for a change :lol:

about Grenadier... wasn't it all about the boobs anyway? :lol:
ShadowVlican
Jan 12, 2004
106 posts
Toronto
cmge wrote:it would make alot of otaku's pissed if Naruto is on hold for 26 weeks... i hope it doenst turn out that way tho... -_- ...

i hope in chap 246 we get to c Naruto's ultra perverted sexy-no-jutsu.. :lol:
It'll definitely work on Kakashi - he's perverted too and it's evident by the book he reads! :D ... and maybe Sakura can grow her body to the form of Tsunade! so sexy! :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1736 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
tsunade is so hot, shame thats a genjutsu that we're seeing.

but sakura with tsunade's boobs would be uh... scary to say the least.
⬅⬇⬆➡
Deal Fanatic
Apr 22, 2003
6429 posts
2212 upvotes
has anyone been following Air? is it any good?
or the new ah my goddess tv series?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
Pyro wrote:has anyone been following Air? is it any good?
I really like it..the series has very good animation, plus it's got an ethereal feel to the whole series, kind of like o-twins. It's got some very interesting characters/mascots, plus the cuuuuutest little dog called potato....awww Image

and geez, what's with all this sakura/tsunade talk? lol....me and my friend kept thinking about how wrong it is to portray Sakura like that (like in the ED6 video) considering that she's only 14 years old. As for tsunade obaachan....she's just old....so very old.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9079 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
hisoka wrote:It'll definitely work on Kakashi - he's perverted too and it's evident by the book he reads! :D ... and maybe Sakura can grow her body to the form of Tsunade! so sexy! :cheesygri
hehe i recall Naruto the sexy no jutsu to Jiraiya and the 3rd Hokage and it works... :D ... heheheh... its funny what happened in chap 245 with Naruto, Jiraiya and Kakashi...
JLee wrote:tsunade is so hot, shame thats a genjutsu that we're seeing.

but sakura with tsunade's boobs would be uh... scary to say the least.
as for Tsunade damn she maybe be old but shes sooo fine... and yes its unfortuante that we see her genjutsu.... hmmm i wonder is Jiraiya the only one that can see thru her genjutsu?
jollyeskimo wrote:and geez, what's with all this sakura/tsunade talk? lol....me and my friend kept thinking about how wrong it is to portray Sakura like that (like in the ED6 video) considering that she's only 14 years old. As for tsunade obaachan....she's just old....so very old.
*recalls ED6*... not just Sakura but all the important genin's girls was wrong to be portrayed in such a manner ... Sakura's new costume in the manga is not bad... i hope Sakura doesnt end up having Tsunade's package...

on a nother note did u guys c ep 120 yet?.... its out and released by Dattebayo
Sep 30, 2001
30160 posts
10147 upvotes
Toronto
so far i'm really enjoying Air. Love the OP. The story does indeed have that ethereal feel to it..which could mean it ends spectacularly or it crash and burns. the animation is quite well done (the backgrounds are just gorgeous).
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2002
2278 posts
624 upvotes
cmge wrote:on a nother note did u guys c ep 120 yet?.... its out and released by Dattebayo
I only watch the Anbu releases. Are Dattebayo's good?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9079 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
PennyArcade wrote:I only watch the Anbu releases. Are Dattebayo's good?
Dattebayo's release is good.... i find it better than Anbu coz they dont change much of the dialogue (i.e substituting technique for jutsu)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
crimsona wrote:Just skimmed through the raw chapter 246

All I can say is... lol
Yeah... I loved it! I wish I understood what they were saying though.

(spoiler warning =minor)
One thing I noticed is that it appears that after 245 <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32 target=_blank>chapters</a>, Sakura might actually be able to do something other then cower and get beaten up.
(end spoiler)
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
crimsona wrote:Just skimmed through the raw chapter 246

All I can say is... lol
Yeah seriously.....that was.......unexpected :cheesygri

[er...semi-spoiler]Sakura's pretty much turning into a younger/cuter Tsunade obaachan....while it's nice to see, it wasn't exactly unexpected, I mean anyone could've seen it coming from comparing the two teams[/spoiler]

MT on narutochuushin.com did a rough translation ahead of Inane...pertty good if I might say so myself.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2002
1736 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
has anyone watched ranma? pretty funny stuff=) still on season 2
⬅⬇⬆➡

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)