Entertainment

[Merged] The RFD Anime Thread! **No Spoilers Please!**

Dec 18, 2006
339 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Lmao Gurren Lagann is the best anime in 2007, and probably for the last 10 years and the upcoming 10 years. GAINAX ftw.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
clueless999 wrote: Lmao Gurren Lagann is the best anime in 2007, and probably for the last 10 years and the upcoming 10 years. GAINAX ftw.
It was good, but I didn't find it to be that great.
Nov 19, 2004
334 posts
11 upvotes
DePotBoy wrote: Love Hina, Onegai Teacher.

One Piece = My favorite anime. Give it a chance. It's unforgettable.
agreed one piece is by far one of the best anime series to date.
how can you not love something about pirates :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
ddd2224u wrote: does anyone know where i can purchase one of these plushies in the GTA area? its Atashi from Chobits
I think you're probably better off getting it off ebay for something like this... not exactly something that the local stores would carry because it's really old.

And did anyone watch the finale of School Days yet?

[spoiler]I mean holy crap... here I thought kiminozo was a messed up anime, but this just takes the cake. And what was with the ending clip anyways?[/spoiler]
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
clueless999 wrote: Lmao Gurren Lagann is the best anime in 2007, and probably for the last 10 years and the upcoming 10 years. GAINAX ftw.
I'd have to disagree with that. Gurren Lagann was amazing when it first started out, but then developed into just a "good series."

Even though it's not finishing up in 2007, my vote for this year's best series is ef - A Tale of Memories.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1171 posts
15 upvotes
board123 wrote: I'd have to disagree with that. Gurren Lagann was amazing when it first started out, but then developed into just a "good series."

Even though it's not finishing up in 2007, my vote for this year's best series is ef - A Tale of Memories.
The last episode is supposed to be on Dec. 22nd
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
School Days' ending was so wacko. Loved it though, the guy deserved it LOL... but... the severed head part was just ********.

By the way, I couldn't help myself into watching ef - AToM, it was just so dull and hard to watch.. anybody want to convince me? Or perhaps I'll watch it to burn off my winter break :D
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
mcg wrote: School Days' ending was so wacko. Loved it though, the guy deserved it LOL... but...
Exactly... she was bound to snap, but I didn't expect her to snap THAT badly... it was like: shy girl -> denial -> corpse chopping homicidal zombie psycho...

Turns out the finale was delayed because of this: "The day before the final episode was scheduled to air, a sixteen-year-old girl killed her father with an axe in Kyoto. In response, TV Kanagawa replaced the episode, which was known to contain similarly violent material, with half an hour of scenery and classical music to avoid association with the murder."
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mcg wrote: By the way, I couldn't help myself into watching ef - AToM, it was just so dull and hard to watch.. anybody want to convince me? Or perhaps I'll watch it to burn off my winter break :D
Dull and hard to watch? I guess you're not a big fan of "visual art" then.
Nov 27, 2005
215 posts
2 upvotes
mcg wrote: School Days' ending was so wacko. Loved it though, the guy deserved it LOL... but... the severed head part was just ********.
I guess you never played the game ;)
Dec 8, 2007
208 posts
My personal Fav Anime list

1. Death Note
2. Guardian of the Sacred Spirit (Only for ppl who like fantasy anime)
3. Full Metal Alchemist
4. Black Lagoon
5. Ghost In The Shell (SAC // SAC2 // Movies)
6. Ergo Proxy (People who know a lot about Philosophy will <3 this anime)
7. Code Geass
8. Chrno Crusade (This will make any girl cry ... Seriously!)
9. Elfen Lied (I think its a bit over rated but still a good anime if u understand the character development)
10. Gundam Seed//SeedDestiny
11. Blood+
12. Baccano!
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dragonrana wrote: So, when are they going to add more Claymore shows? and Berserk as well?
Never.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2006
2553 posts
194 upvotes
philco1 wrote: I was never a fan of High School type anime.
haha The Melancholy of Haruhi is beyond any high school type anime. Watch two episodes and then join the cult.
Nov 19, 2004
334 posts
11 upvotes
school rumble is also very enjoyable as well :)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1171 posts
15 upvotes
Anyone know if there is going to be another season of Zero no Tsukaima?
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12603 posts
3028 upvotes
Richmond Hill
quikkid wrote: Anyone know if there is going to be another season of Zero no Tsukaima?
It's likely since the second season had a pretty open ending.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
So I just watched pokemon
[IMG]http://i6.tinypic.com/71oioa0.jpg[/IMG]
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)