Entertainment

[Merged] The RFD Anime Thread! **No Spoilers Please!**

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2003
5376 posts
531 upvotes
I still have my LD player as part of my current system. :D I have a few LDs that are in DTS and sound quite good. Bleach has definitely slowed down a lot and killed the momentum it had going for me. My friends are telling me that the manga is quite far ahead and I'm very tempted to start reading it.
This space for rent.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9062 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
XXXG-00W0 wrote:Edited on Sept. 16: My newest love Nishino Tsukasa - Chan, Happy Birthday to you :)
ditto... seriously manaka should choose nishino... soo much better than tojou... :P
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
cmge wrote:ditto... seriously manaka should choose nishino... soo much better than tojou... :P
Arr... a spoiler as follow:
He did choose Nishino rather than Toujo at the last 2 C h a p t e r s on the Magna

Just can't wait the 4th Character CD (may be the last) will release on Sept. 22 about Kitaooji Satsuki and see the 3rd OVA after Sept. 26 (either raw or sub. I don't care and I just want to watch). Then wait the last one OVA. I am just can't wait this one because it is completely OVA (means not even one bit from magna) and alot of cosplay :cheesygri

I love magna version much more than animation version. However, anime makes all the character alive.
----------------(;゚∀゚)...I am not Anime Otoko,---------------
Now Watching: Naruto, Accel World, Fate/Zero, Gundam Age,
Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Acchi Kocchi, Sankarea,
Kore wa zombie desuka of the Dead, ZETMAN, Sket Dance & more...

----------------I am RFD Otoko......\(^o^)/--------------------
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote:Is anyone reading the Naruto Manga? I'm up to date with the latest Japanese issues, and some of the stuff is AMAZING!!! (of course I also keep up with the english translations so that I can understand what's actually going on! :P)

I'm not going to give anything away.... but wow!

http://manylemons.co.uk/The_Narutrix.shtml

everyone should watch this

its some great editting...reminds me when naruto didnt suck in the anime
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
37687 posts
5450 upvotes
Winnipeg
XXXG-00W0 wrote:Arr... a spoiler as follow:
He did choose Nishino rather than Toujo at the last 2 C h a p t e r s on the Magna

Just can't wait the 4th Character CD (may be the last) will release on Sept. 22 about Kitaooji Satsuki and see the 3rd OVA after Sept. 26 (either raw or sub. I don't care and I just want to watch). Then wait the last one OVA. I am just can't wait this one because it is completely OVA (means not even one bit from magna) and alot of cosplay :cheesygri

I love magna version much more than animation version. However, anime makes all the character alive.
what anime is that?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15116 posts
1511 upvotes
Markham
jollyeskimo wrote:Ichigo 100%

speaking of...isn't OVA3 already out?
OVA3 is out yes :)

i'm d/lin Akira right now... saw u guys talking about it, but i've never watched it before hahhaah
ShadowVlican
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
ShadowVlican wrote:OVA3 is out yes :)

i'm d/lin Akira right now... saw u guys talking about it, but i've never watched it before hahhaah
Technically, I only count that DVDs distribute by Liverpool and the coming one is Vol. 3 http://www.liverp.co.jp/dvd_video/ichigo_vol3.html. The first one OVA is a Jump Festa version and it is just like a little extent from TV series. That's why I don't count it in OVA.

Speaking of Akira, it is one of the grestest anime in Japan animation history and it is even catch a lot of attention around the world. I hope you can enjoy it very much.

Edited: Just dig a little deeper of Jump Festa version and find out it is even published earlier than TV episodes. So, I think it is like a pilot of Ichigo 100% TV.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
jollyeskimo wrote:Ichigo 100%

speaking of...isn't OVA3 already out?
ehh.. theres ova 2 and 3?...
who subs it now?

ever since i left yesy staff i havent kept up.. lol
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
taro-chan wrote:ehh.. theres ova 2 and 3?...
who subs it now?

ever since i left yesy staff i havent kept up.. lol
Digital Panic sub them :)

Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9062 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
XXXG-00W0 wrote:I love magna version much more than animation version. However, anime makes all the character alive.
yeah the manga always better than its anime counterpart but i seem to have trouble acquiring them in sets (scanlations)... -_- ... care to point me in the right direction?..

but im glad it turns out that way as u said in the spoiler... :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
XXXG-00W0 wrote:Digital Panic sub them :)
eh... when i was subbing, DP was like stealing parts of our translations... lol
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
cmge wrote:yeah the manga always better than its anime counterpart but i seem to have trouble acquiring them in sets (scanlations)... -_- ... care to point me in the right direction?..

but im glad it turns out that way as u said in the spoiler... :D
English translation I think we need to wait a little bit more because it seems all translation group rather to wait the whole volumn published instead of translate each [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32]chapters[/rfdlink] weekly (you know, it is from Jump). As in Japan right now only Vol. 17 out of the market. I think there is 2 or 3 more to go. That's why I search a little bit and at the end I D/L the whole set from C. BT. PM me if you are interest. Also, I heard (or see) a rumor there is new series of Ichigo 100% and it name "Revolution" or sometime like that. So, I am hardly to sit still because the rumor said it will annouce at the end of Sept. I hope to see more Tsukasa Chan. :D

Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
taro-chan wrote:eh... when i was subbing, DP was like stealing parts of our translations... lol
:lol: It depends they steal it smart or dumb. I give them thumbs up for Ichigo OVA because they sub it faster than other group :)

Deal Fanatic
Aug 7, 2003
9062 posts
151 upvotes
Toronto
taro-chan wrote:eh... when i was subbing, DP was like stealing parts of our translations... lol
i dont like DP's subbing... i like Yesy's more and im sticking to it altho it may take longer..
XXXG-00W0 wrote:Also, I heard (or see) a rumor there is new series of Ichigo 100% and it name "Revolution" or sometime like that. So, I am hardly to sit still because the rumor said it will annouce at the end of Sept. I hope to see more Tsukasa Chan. :D
PM sent!... btw ive never heard of that rumour... o_O ... looks like im out of the loop... eeek... i double that notion of more Tsukasa-chan.. :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
cmge wrote:i dont like DP's subbing... i like Yesy's more and im sticking to it altho it may take longer..
there's like.. a quick translation, followed by a through translation, then 4 rounds of editing... we were so slow... XD

i essentially did nothing since i just had to do my job 1-2 times throughout a given series... lol
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
If YESY come out the rest of the OVA, I will dump DP version no question ask :) I am not personally hate DP subbed it but I rather keep all anime episodes subbed by one group as possible :) It is just like how I treat GDS Destiny :) I want to watch it badly so I watch the fastest sub first or even raw than I watch it again and keep the good version. Guess which version I keep :D

BTW, I want to give BIG THANKS to YESY group because their hard work make me can see this anime. BTW, I start to watch Ichigo about 1 month ago and it took me about 5 days to watch all 167 magna [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=32]chapters[/rfdlink] and 3 days to finish all anime series plus OVA. Now, no matter when I am driving I listen only Ichigo songs (I tried to change to Initial D Songs' CD but it won't work at all) and re-watch at least one ep. of anime per day.....Man... I am crazy. I think I have Ichigo poisoning. Even my cellphone rington I am using the same ringtone as Tsukasa Chan using in Ep. 6.

Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
For Ichigo 100% fans especially Satsuki's fans, Kitaoji Satsuki character CD is out on the web now (suppose in store Sept. 22). Search it now and get it while it is still hot. :) Now, I am waiting the Vol. 3 OVA coming out. :cheesygri

Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9927 posts
1370 upvotes
lol... hmm.. maybe i should go back an push them to release the OVA. since i know they have the raw in the group raw ftp.... >.> I am offically still listed as staff... lol

hmm.. just checked.. they need a karaoke timer for ichigo ova 2... sigh... i'll go help them i guess. lol.

back on topic... wow else is looking forward to the end of gsd?... lol.. i wanna see some deaths !!... XD