Expired Group Deals

[Merged] RFD Group Buy Deal: PNY 32GB SDHC Class10 card for $29.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2012 11:56 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got my refund from Dealfind. I will definitely not be buying from them again.
Newbie
Jan 7, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
Can I get any help from the police on this scam? what can I do other than Phone busters and BBB?

I bought the 'deal' (sic)
The website to redeem the voucher did not work, I did some research and found it was fake so asked for my refund before I ever redeemed anything. Dealfind would not acknowledge my request for refund, instead said I had to go to a new site to redeem it.

When it finally showed up late. I took it upon myself to contact Dealfind and ask them if I had to send it back having found all the history online. I was told mine was fine so no need!

Then I tested it and found it was indeed a fake.

Dealfind refused to consider a refund untill I paid $21.43 to have it sent back to XSV360 C.O.D and gave them that tracking number.

Now they refuse to respond to me at all.

This is outright theft, I'm just sick about how they've treated me and stolen from me.

What can I do? Help! :-( I'm so frustrated, this has gone on for weeks. thanks for listening..
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
1642 posts
236 upvotes
Quebec
Geminieve wrote: Can I get any help from the police on this scam? what can I do other than Phone busters and BBB?

I bought the 'deal' (sic)
The website to redeem the voucher did not work, I did some research and found it was fake so asked for my refund before I ever redeemed anything. Dealfind would not acknowledge my request for refund, instead said I had to go to a new site to redeem it.

When it finally showed up late. I took it upon myself to contact Dealfind and ask them if I had to send it back having found all the history online. I was told mine was fine so no need!

Then I tested it and found it was indeed a fake.

Dealfind refused to consider a refund untill I paid $21.43 to have it sent back to XSV360 C.O.D and gave them that tracking number.

Now they refuse to respond to me at all.

This is outright theft, I'm just sick about how they've treated me and stolen from me.

What can I do? Help! :-( I'm so frustrated, this has gone on for weeks. thanks for listening..

Tips: Do not bother contacting either dealfind or xsv360, call you credit card company to dispute the charges, they will ask if you have contacted dealfind, you say they are impossible to contact.

Do not ship the card back, there is no tracking, you have not received the card.

as for reprisal, I would keep looking at this forum for suggestions, we are to dismantle xsv and dealfind at some point if they don't warn everyone who purchased these cards.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
transisto wrote: Tips: Do not bother contacting either dealfind or xsv360, call you credit card company to dispute the charges, they will ask if you have contacted dealfind, you say they are impossible to contact.

Do not ship the card back, there is no tracking, you have not received the card.

as for reprisal, I would keep looking at this forum for suggestions, we are to dismantle xsv and dealfind at some point if they don't warn everyone who purchased these cards.
Agreed. Dealfind strung me around for weeks before giving me a refund. They basically copy and paste responses until you jump off a roof. XSV360 have yet to receive a response from the day one. Call your credit card company and tell them you've been scammed.
Member
User avatar
Sep 1, 2010
231 posts
66 upvotes
Hamilton
pete_rfd wrote: Agreed. Dealfind strung me around for weeks before giving me a refund. They basically copy and paste responses until you jump off a roof. XSV360 have yet to receive a response from the day one. Call your credit card company and tell them you've been scammed.

It seems as this issue is more with Dealfind... but the title is about RFD.
WTF REF
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 28, 2010
1256 posts
234 upvotes
Toronto
WTF REF wrote: It seems as this issue is more with Dealfind... but the title is about RFD.
Seems to be an issue with XSV360, I think that's why it's all meshed in this thread :)
Jr. Member
Nov 14, 2008
111 posts
5 upvotes
oh no...i just saw this thread. i knew something was wrong with my card from when i first tried to use it on new years and i received an error after taking the first pic. i bought it from dealfind...anyone having any success getting a refund other than that one person on this thread? i just sent an email to them. I contacted my credit card company whom are sending me the papers to dispute the charges but the rep made it sound like it wasn't going to be successful and didn't want to help
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
1642 posts
236 upvotes
Quebec
sweetiegyal wrote: oh no...i just saw this thread. i knew something was wrong with my card from when i first tried to use it on new years and i received an error after taking the first pic. i bought it from dealfind...anyone having any success getting a refund other than that one person on this thread? i just sent an email to them. I contacted my credit card company whom are sending me the papers to dispute the charges but the rep made it sound like it wasn't going to be successful and didn't want to help

Finding who run Deal-find or XSV360 and beating the crap out of them is your only hope.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
3190 posts
1624 upvotes
Ottawa
so has anybody gotten anything real out of this? any lawyers, any eggs hit the window? any toilet paper? any bricks?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
53 upvotes
transisto wrote: Finding who run Deal-find or XSV360 and beating the crap out of them is your only hope.

Surprized no one has tried to set fire to that guys house or something??
Sr. Member
Oct 31, 2003
863 posts
140 upvotes
Woodbridge
Buytopia is stating that you ship the cards back to xsv and then buytopia will issue a refund?

Has anyone tried this??

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)