• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2009 5:11 pm
[OP]
Jan 28, 2008
306 posts
191 upvotes
Pickering

[Sony Style] SonyStyle Fairview Mall - Store Closing Clearance Sale

According to an acquaintance who works at the SonyStyle at Fairview Mall, the lease is up at that location and Sony has decided to close down that store. Clearance will *apparently* begin on Monday, June 1st until the end of the month.

If this is in fact true, I'd say it's pretty hot considering all those TVs, cameras and PS3 games being marked down (if at all).

If you live in the area or going to shop at Fairview Mall this coming week, can you please confirm?

I might drop by on Monday myself and check it out and confirm.
63 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9225 posts
2257 upvotes
When they closed the Pickering one down the deals were not very good and in some cases, FutureShop and Bestbuy's regular price still beat some of their closing out prices. If it's on sale at FS and BB then it will definitely beat out Sony's clearance price.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2003
1357 posts
26 upvotes
The reason for not so great deals is because all of the inventory just goes back to the sony warehouse.
Feb 20, 2007
133 posts
3 upvotes
Bestbuy has the option to not pricematch clearence items as it saying on their PP policy. But some managers may be nice enough to just give you the priced match.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2003
14482 posts
243 upvotes
Mississauga
Same thing happened in Burlington.
I asked for a deal on the demo PS3, they said they would throw in an HDMI cable. I laughed and walked away.
Heatware 47-0

"Giving money to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2004
1072 posts
27 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mlc2000 wrote: Same thing happened in Burlington.
I asked for a deal on the demo PS3, they said they would throw in an HDMI cable. I laughed and walked away.
wow... that is funny!! haha
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2593 posts
503 upvotes
Thornhill
mlc2000 wrote: Same thing happened in Burlington.
you should have asked if it was a Monster Cable HDMI cable.
Dec 24, 2007
403 posts
233 upvotes
Toronto
solarflare600 wrote: im amazed how that store opened that long.
Agreed. Wouldn't even consider the Sony Store when looking for a Sony product.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
4460 posts
1384 upvotes
West Side GTA
^^ lol...you oughta ask if they'd match monoprice's regular hdmi cables hah
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
2593 posts
503 upvotes
Thornhill
Liko wrote: Agreed. Wouldn't even consider the Sony Store when looking for a Sony product.
Why do these stores even exist? Who in their right minds would ever buy a tv there without comparing prices to FS/BB?
Jan 11, 2009
689 posts
10 upvotes
darksith31 wrote: Why do these stores even exist? Who in their right minds would ever buy a tv there without comparing prices to FS/BB?
These stores are not there to make money, they are a marketing tool used my sony to position their product in the market.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2004
1310 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
where's the sony store in fairview? that mall is unrecognizable to me somehow.
PM for $125 Code off Peloton Bike
"Life is short, running makes it seem longer."
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
Dogs aren't our whole lives......they just make our lives whole.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2007
1590 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
darksith31 wrote: Why do these stores even exist? Who in their right minds would ever buy a tv there without comparing prices to FS/BB?
sony has had the crap beaten out of them, alot by apple, but they are like zero for 10 for the last 5 years.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
1340 posts
137 upvotes
Candiana wrote: where's the sony store in fairview? that mall is unrecognizable to me somehow.
It's downstairs near Champs sports, close to Sears and H&M.
Jan 5, 2009
573 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been in there a few times and full MSRP isn't very attractive. But I did enjoy sitting in front of the in store TV demo's, they we're always nice.

Thanks for the heads up I'll probably swing by there tomorrow
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7268 posts
1807 upvotes
According to my friend whom works at Sony, the Sony Stores are like show cases as marketing tool. The Sony Store cannot compete with retailers, thus it can never undercut retailer prices. That was intentional, otherwise, why would people buy from retailers? So, if you buy from Sony Store, it's guaranteed that you pay more. haha :)
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
16634 posts
5196 upvotes
Toronto
darksith31 wrote: you should have asked if it was a Monster Cable HDMI cable.
Yea the long length fancy colour monster cable makes a great skipping rope. My friend actually did that for one of his daughters. :lol:
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9067 posts
2367 upvotes
golden wrote: According to my friend whom works at Sony, the Sony Stores are like show cases as marketing tool. The Sony Store cannot compete with retailers, thus it can never undercut retailer prices. That was intentional, otherwise, why would people buy from retailers? So, if you buy from Sony Store, it's guaranteed that you pay more. haha :)
Agreed, never been to a Sony Store that had remotely good prices, always extravagantly expensive but you have to admit, they are nice looking stores and you get to see almost their full product line-ups all at one location.

I'll check out the store later this week, been looking at a Vaio CS laptop for my GF and the Sony Stores usually price their Vaio systems in-line with the online store and other retailers (FS/BB) so hopefully there will be some savings to be had from the clearance sale.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)