Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Telus] Telus Retention Plan..

Sep 16, 2020
12 posts
Has anyone been able to get a cheaper ignite plan from retention? Im paying 67.5 for 10gb then unlimited but throttled afterwards. Seeing if I can get it cheaper
Jun 17, 2019
35 posts
16 upvotes
boak21 wrote: I just received an interesting call from TELUS winback I’d like to share.

I didn’t notice they were from TELUS at first but the rep was telling me about “great” offers he has for me to come back. I said go ahead.

They are quite awful but this is what I was offered.

TELUS POM $75 10gb plan with $5 discount for 24 months

Koodo 6gb plan for $50

This is when I told the rep no thanks and I’m actually with TELUS if he wanted to throw me a bone and the rep just told me to call customer care lol.

He confirmed with me that it was a old account from 2018 I had that was cancelled. Then he finally found my current TELUS account after arguing with me about me saying that I am currently with TELUS.

These offers are quite cold and even Bell offered a $65 20gb winback plan.

I’m still with TELUS of course cause I got a $28 in total monthly discount if you read my post I made a couple or so posts back.

Maybe I got really lucky with who I called TELUS that day when I said I wanted to leave for Bell. I got offered better deals by staying than if I actually did cancel everything.

So for those who actually left TELUS and are waiting for the winback team. I wouldn’t hold your breath.
switch to Freedom to get the best deals... I just did.. $45 for 25gb winback offer from Telus
Sep 16, 2018
12 posts
9 upvotes
sharadsingh23 wrote: switch to Freedom to get the best deals... I just did.. $45 for 25gb winback offer from Telus
Good luck doing that if freedom doesn’t even service your area. In fact Rogers doesn’t even service it. There’s only Bell towers where I am at so my options are only Bell or Telus.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2011
1730 posts
524 upvotes
Edmonton
Any winback offers from porting out to Rogers?
Mar 17, 2015
481 posts
788 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
towhytea wrote: I canceled from Telus after 20 years because Bell offered me 2 lines one at $65 and one at $55 both at 20gb each. 2 months free service, no activation fees and crave free for a year.

Telus called today and offered 2 lines at $40 each for 25gb no activation fees and $80 credit to cover the bell activation fees.
Similarly, after years with Koodo (6gb+3gb for $45), using only 1-1.5gb per month, decided wanted to reduce cost & Koodo would do nothing, so switched to Lucky (1GB $25). Got winback call offering Telus offers only. Best was if got 2 lines moved over (15gb/line $50 each after line discount). Tried to take them up on it but as soon as they found out wife was existing customer already ($65 for 15gb) basically got told too bad can't do now.

Week later we moved both lines to Bell (9gb shared data for $75 for one year) which more than covered our data needs. Wife wants new phone, I'm indifferent, probably end up buying outright. Unless she receives a winback call offering a great BF Deal (crossing fingers but not holding breath).