Shopping Discussion

[Merged] TSN2 - Someone That Is Brain Dead Works At Rogers!!

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2009 9:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 2, 2005
270 posts
37 upvotes

[Merged] TSN2 - Someone That Is Brain Dead Works At Rogers!!

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276191

So the Jays are owned by ROGERS and ROGERS customers can not get TSN 2. Which brain dead person made this deal?!? :mad: :mad:

As a Rogers cable customer and I am peeved by this. The Raptors I could handle, the NHL playoff games got me alittle mad, but now this is too much! When is Rogers gonna add TSN 2?!?
44 replies
Dec 25, 2004
180 posts
9 upvotes
Maple
Well I'm going to return the "BrainFart" I bought two weeks ago and get the "Braindead" model. I heard it comes with a lifetime warranty.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3270 posts
559 upvotes
Rogers will have TSN2 within days, I bet. It has long been rumoured that this was the deal Rogers was holding out for before accepting TSN2. They wanted TSN to pick up the few remaining Jays games that were not being televised this season.

So, Rogers picks up TSN2, TSN2 picks up the remaining Jays games, and everyone wins. It'll happen, just wait for the follow-up Rogers press release about TSN2.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3513 posts
438 upvotes
I am willing to bet this brain dead person who works @ Rogers was probably hired away from Bell...I think being brain dead is a job requirement in order to work with Bell.... :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
mc_molineux wrote: Rogers will have TSN2 within days, I bet. It has long been rumoured that this was the deal Rogers was holding out for before accepting TSN2. They wanted TSN to pick up the few remaining Jays games that were not being televised this season.

So, Rogers picks up TSN2, TSN2 picks up the remaining Jays games, and everyone wins. It'll happen, just wait for the follow-up Rogers press release about TSN2.
Link?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1024 upvotes
bigcheez99 wrote: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276191

So the Jays are owned by ROGERS and ROGERS customers can not get TSN 2. Which brain dead person made this deal?!? :mad: :mad:

As a Rogers cable customer and I am peeved by this. The Raptors I could handle, the NHL playoff games got me alittle mad, but now this is too much! When is Rogers gonna add TSN 2?!?
Ummm...TSN2 has been up and running on most cable providers for months now.

You're just finding out it's not on Rogers?
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2005
7766 posts
164 upvotes
thats ****ing ******** i had a gut feeling this would happen...
Aug 15, 2007
627 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto
NG wrote: Ummm...TSN2 has been up and running on most cable providers for months now.

You're just finding out it's not on Rogers?
OP mentioned the Raptors, so I'm guessing he/she has known for a while. And I agree, it has reached a new level of absurdity w/ this Jays announcement.
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16026 posts
391 upvotes
im confused with the numbers and stuff, but what's TSN2 and what's wrong with TSN"1" ?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23087 posts
4602 upvotes
Niagara Falls
dragon_drift wrote: im confused with the numbers and stuff, but what's TSN2 and what's wrong with TSN"1" ?

TSN"1" can't show two things at once so TSN added another channel. That way they can broadcast multiple events at the same time. People will be able to decide which TSN they want to watch.

So far I rather enjoy TSN2
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16026 posts
391 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote: TSN"1" can't show two things at once so TSN added another channel. That way they can broadcast multiple events at the same time. People will be able to decide which TSN they want to watch.

So far I rather enjoy TSN2
Awesome...
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2405 posts
637 upvotes
Please stop insulting the brain dead by associating them with Rogers
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
The real brain dead are Rogers' customers, the way the company treats everybody.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
dragon_drift wrote: im confused with the numbers and stuff, but what's TSN2 and what's wrong with TSN"1" ?
Well, for one thing they show curling on TSN 1 while Champions League football is shuffled over to inaccessible TSN2. That's just dumb. And to make things worse they are next moving it to Rogers Sporrtsnet, who will no doubt handle things even worse.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23087 posts
4602 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Tornado F2 wrote: The real brain dead are Rogers' customers, the way the company treats everybody.
I'd love to get the crap taking that Rogers offers. In Niagara it's either Cogeco or Bell.

Bell isn't any better.

Cogeco, bahhh, they're so damn expensive it makes my eyes bleed.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1730 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
Evil Baby wrote: I'd love to get the crap taking that Rogers offers. In Niagara it's either Cogeco or Bell.

Bell isn't any better.

Cogeco, bahhh, they're so damn expensive it makes my eyes bleed.
I'm giving some thought to cancelling my cable altogether this summer, once the football season ends. I find I don't watch that many TV programs these days anyway, and the best ones are always released in boxsets, sometimes even before they air around here.
Jun 17, 2006
572 posts
329 upvotes
Calgary
I was listening to Prime Time Sports on the Fan590 a couple weeks back and they were saying it was all about money. Rogers isn't willing to pay what TSN wants to carry the TSN2 station. Simples as that.

Fan590 is owned by Rogers, so presumably they had good information.

(And if I recall correctly, they also thought it was dumb.)
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23087 posts
4602 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Tornado F2 wrote: I'm giving some thought to cancelling my cable altogether this summer, once the football season ends. I find I don't watch that many TV programs these days anyway, and the best ones are always released in boxsets, sometimes even before they air around here.
I've also given it thought, as cable prices are getting way out of hand. I mean the full package on Bell is North of a $130. That's just stupid.

You can get decent internet/phone/cable in the US for $99 and full everything for like $170. That includes a 10meg up/down connection.

My only issue is I love to channel surf and streaming TV just isn't there yet. Almost though. I can see a lot of people downgrading to basic cable though.

The thing that annoys me the most is that it cast cable/sat companies the exact same amount if they were to send you 1 channel or every channel and it's just outrageous what they charge.
Dec 3, 2008
85 posts
1 upvote
bigcheez99 wrote: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=276191

Being braindead is kind of the requirement for working at rogers. No moral person could work there without becoming evil or being stupidly unaware at how evil the company they work for is.