Expired Hot Deals

Bell

Unlimited PC Card wireless data plan from Bell - $75!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2008 5:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10494 posts
637 upvotes
Mississauga
Guys, don't get fooled by Bell's tactics. I was offered this plan awhile ago. There 'unlimited' 'ultimate' PC card data plan has an acceptable usage clause of 250MB. It won't say this until you read the full details when you order.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1295 upvotes
Sauga
dmdsoftware2 wrote: There 'unlimited' 'ultimate' PC card data plan has an acceptable usage clause of 250MB. It won't say this until you read the full details when you order.
So what you're saying is that they have a $75 plan for only 250 MB alongside the $60 plan for 1 GB shown on their site? It seems rather unlikely from those numbers that it's limited to 250 MB...
Jul 11, 2004
938 posts
217 upvotes
Instead of purchasing a dedicated PC card for data transfer, Bell lists off a number of phones that can be used a modem tethered back to a PC. The list can be found at http://www.businessonthego1.com/english ... ces_EN.pdf

Anyone know which phone is best to use for high speed data over Bell's cellular network?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 28, 2005
6404 posts
57 upvotes
So let me get this straight.
You can get internet anywhere in canada where theres a cell phone signal?
- Private Investigator...
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
1926 posts
191 upvotes
Markham, ON
Spray wrote: So let me get this straight.
You can get internet anywhere in canada where theres a cell phone signal?
Where there's a digital signal.. And assuming the digital signal is from Bell or one of its Roaming Partners.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2004
1926 posts
191 upvotes
Markham, ON
19. Use of Service.

You are responsible to safeguard your Device, and for the use of your Device and the Services by you and any other persons, except as provided under Section 17 above. You shall not use or allow others to use the Service or your Device if such use:

consumes excessive network capacity in Bell's reasonable opinion, or causes our network, or our ability to provide services to others, to be adversely affected;

is for multi-media streaming, voice over Internet protocol or any other application which uses excessive network capacity that is not made available to you by Bell;

is to operate an email, web, news, chat or other service.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
2587 posts
396 upvotes
North Vancouver
Just select one support Evdo, it should be fine. :cheesygri
growler wrote: Instead of purchasing a dedicated PC card for data transfer, Bell lists off a number of phones that can be used a modem tethered back to a PC. The list can be found at http://www.businessonthego1.com/english ... ces_EN.pdf

Anyone know which phone is best to use for high speed data over Bell's cellular network?
Jul 11, 2004
938 posts
217 upvotes
ecgz88 wrote: Just select one support Evdo, it should be fine. :cheesygri
Thanks. After looking at Bell's website, I'm looking at the HTC 5800 or the 6800.

I tried to use Bell's online shop, but, you can't select the HTC6800 and purchase the $60/1GB data plan. It will only allow me to select a combo email/internet/voice plan which has a 4MB/month allowance. :| I suppose I'll need to call up Bell CS to see if I can select the $60/1GB data plan with a cheaper voice plan.

Though not specific to this thread topic, does voice mail and/or call display come with the voice plans? Or is it one of those a'la carte type of add ons.
Dec 6, 2002
435 posts
1 upvote
growler wrote: Thanks. After looking at Bell's website, I'm looking at the HTC 5800 or the 6800.
The $60 for 1GB or $75 for Unlimited are currently only available for aircards or I suppose if you tether a handset and use it as a modem.

Data used directly on a data device is categorized differently and thus has it's own data plans. Right now the best value is $100 for 1GB.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2004
1274 posts
46 upvotes
SuperCM wrote: The $60 for 1GB or $75 for Unlimited are currently only available for aircards or I suppose if you tether a handset and use it as a modem.

Data used directly on a data device is categorized differently and thus has it's own data plans. Right now the best value is $100 for 1GB.
How can Bell tell the difference? Isn't data = data?
Nov 23, 2004
717 posts
17 upvotes
Quarry Bay
yu130960 wrote: How can Bell tell the difference? Isn't data = data?
ESN. They know if the device is an aircard or not, the system won't let them activate a aircard plan onto a smartphone.

- Jason
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9799 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
How well does it work while moving? I.e. will the data get handed off from tower to tower or will you keep getting disconnected if using it in the car?
Nov 23, 2004
717 posts
17 upvotes
Quarry Bay
YLSF wrote: How well does it work while moving? I.e. will the data get handed off from tower to tower or will you keep getting disconnected if using it in the car?
Works fine for me on train and on car. I tether to my Treo.

- Jason
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3813 posts
3593 upvotes
Muskoka
Very interested - I have no access to HighSpeed at home, currently on 2-way satellite. But we do have a new cell tower just 1km away.

Anyone know what speeds EvDO is currently operating at/capable of.

Also, is there any thoughts if this would work with this
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/prod ... &c=us&l=en

It's basically a wireless router that you can plug a PCMCIA card into. I already have a regular wireless router, so is there something out there that will simply convert PCMCIA card into wired ethernet.

Thanks
Aug 18, 2005
168 posts
Chatham
Oh crap, can't wait for it to come out for Rogers.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
2926 posts
164 upvotes
Calgary
Can anyone still get this plan? on epp etc?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)