Ongoing Deal Discussion

Locked: [Bell] Virgin Mobile/Bell: Unlimited talk, text & 6GB data for $50/mnth *T-Bay only

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2014 3:02 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20287 posts
1842 upvotes
Toronto
LyGuy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2014 2:58 pm
Yeah I meant to track my 10 hours
You get an email notifying you when you are approaching the 10hr limit I believe...

One thing I am hoping the industry shifts towards is low $20-$30 plans with data under 1GB....

I want to get my parent's a phone plan with a little bit of data (say 500MB/ month) so they can check their emails, FB, Whatsapp etc....
Feb 18, 2009
845 posts
256 upvotes
Thornhill
LyGuy wrote:
Feb 12th, 2014 2:32 pm
The $5 Mobile TV feature equates to 10 hours right? If I'm with Virgin using the Bell TV app how do I keep track of my usage so I don't go over?
You get a text from Virgin when you reach 9.5 hours.
ji2o0k wrote:
Feb 12th, 2014 3:12 pm
You get an email notifying you when you are approaching the 10hr limit I believe...

One thing I am hoping the industry shifts towards is low $20-$30 plans with data under 1GB....

I want to get my parent's a phone plan with a little bit of data (say 500MB/ month) so they can check their emails, FB, Whatsapp etc....
Unless you go with new entrants i don't see this happening anytime soon if ever,
Jul 13, 2009
790 posts
95 upvotes
If they change the rules so companies like Ting can operate in Canada, then it's possible.
Based on my usage, I would be paying only $26 with Ting. But I'm paying $34 with Fido..and that's with the extra effort haggling...for a temporary credit.

It'll be kinda like TekSavvy MVNO for internet, but with wireless instead. Not sure why they didnt do that instead of focusing on a 4th carrier.
Cell plans - anything more than $10/gb is a ripoff.
Feb 18, 2009
845 posts
256 upvotes
Thornhill
ChappyHappy wrote:
Feb 13th, 2014 10:03 am
If they change the rules so companies like Ting can operate in Canada, then it's possible.
Based on my usage, I would be paying only $26 with Ting. But I'm paying $34 with Fido..and that's with the extra effort haggling...for a temporary credit.

It'll be kinda like TekSavvy MVNO for internet, but with wireless instead. Not sure why they didnt do that instead of focusing on a 4th carrier.
That is a very good question, ask your MPP.
Jul 19, 2013
15 posts
Any thoughts on this:

I keep getting calls from Virgin, not picking up their calls however. I am on the TBAY plan, do you guys think they want to cancel it?

- Thanks
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20287 posts
1842 upvotes
Toronto
interesting.....probably not to cancel because if they wanted to cancel your plan/number - they would just do it...

They don't leave a VM? Maybe it is a marketing call?
flamerx3 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2014 3:22 pm
Any thoughts on this:

I keep getting calls from Virgin, not picking up their calls however. I am on the TBAY plan, do you guys think they want to cancel it?

- Thanks
Jul 19, 2013
15 posts
Well it's a series of missed calls. They call at least once or twice a day. I called the number back the first time and it was a Virgin number.
No VM's left. That could be so, but marketing calls from a company like this aren't that persistent are they :/
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1578 posts
474 upvotes
Toronto
flamerx3 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2014 4:22 pm
Well it's a series of missed calls. They call at least once or twice a day. I called the number back the first time and it was a Virgin number.
No VM's left. That could be so, but marketing calls from a company like this aren't that persistent are they :/
Is your contract up?
Might be calling to get you to resign.
Jul 19, 2013
15 posts
Contract finishes end of August, too soon for that.
LOL i ain't giving up my plan.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13553 posts
3621 upvotes
Here 'n There
flamerx3 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2014 3:22 pm
Any thoughts on this:

- Thanks
Whatever it is, not answering the call is not going to avoid whatever it is they are calling for. In fact, it's too your advantage to answer the call!

And, no, it has nothing to do with cancelling your TBay plan, unless you've been a bad boy. I can't believe how many people are paranoid that whenever Virgin calls them or emails them that it's because they are cancelling their Tbay plan, lol.