Ongoing Deal Discussion

Locked: [Bell] Virgin Mobile/Bell: Unlimited talk, text & 6GB data for $50/mnth *T-Bay only

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 25th, 2014 3:02 pm
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1010 upvotes
Thornhill
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 18th, 2014 8:49 am
Just get your friend to sign up to a plan and iphone (get a Bell plan with more features vs. Virgin) and then you can be added to the account later on as an authorized user (either call into customer service or adding you to the account via online).

You can use your own CC for pre-authorized bill payments online and as an authorized user, you would be able to call in for account inquiries etc.

But you wouldn't really need to call in for anything, everything can be done online as well.
:arrowd:
Shaner wrote:
Oct 30th, 2013 8:45 pm
FYI. After extensive conversation between the mods and admins, it has been decided that any discussion regarding getting this deal outside of Thunder Bay will no longer be allowed. This thread will remain open, but anyone discussing how to get this deal outside of Thunder Bay will have their post deleted. Repeated violations may result in a temporary ban from the site.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2012
2744 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
soccerboy wrote:
Mar 18th, 2014 9:19 am
:arrowd:
In TB
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14327 posts
4186 upvotes
Here 'n There
Got my $50.85 ($45+HST) automatically deducted from my credit card by Virgin again for my TBay Unlimited 6GB plan. There's never even an extra charge I can call to dispute or an overage charge these days.

zzzzzzz so boring.

I need the iPhone 6 to get excited about cell phone plans and technology again.
Feb 18, 2009
845 posts
256 upvotes
Thornhill
eonibm wrote:
Mar 20th, 2014 5:31 pm
Got my $50.85 ($45+HST) automatically deducted from my credit card by Virgin again for my TBay Unlimited 6GB plan. There's never even an extra charge I can call to dispute or an overage charge these days.

zzzzzzz so boring.

Wanna get excited? Then it's time to move over to Android my friend.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20430 posts
1919 upvotes
Toronto
eonibm wrote:
Mar 20th, 2014 5:31 pm

zzzzzzz so boring.

ijcy wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 12:58 am
Wanna get excited? Then it's time to move over to Android my friend.
pffftt....better yet, transfer your VM TB50 plan to me....and get yourself one of the new exciting plans offered by the Big 3!

That will get you excited!
Banned
Jun 15, 2010
7062 posts
2436 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I will never get rid of my TB50, this no long distance charges, 6gb of data (wish it was 10) and sometimes I use call forwarding.
Feb 18, 2009
845 posts
256 upvotes
Thornhill
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 11:49 am
pffftt....better yet, transfer your VM TB50 plan to me....and get yourself one of the new exciting plans offered by the Big 3!

That will get you excited!
Lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8168 posts
1802 upvotes
Ontario
andriykoua wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 12:34 pm
I will never get rid of my TB50, this no long distance charges, 6gb of data (wish it was 10) and sometimes I use call forwarding.
I had it when it first came out. :(
I now have the SK $55 and share your sentiment.
Its like I gave up at the home stretch. OK, I lost the gold medal, but at least I walk away with a silver. ;)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20430 posts
1919 upvotes
Toronto
Curious - why did you get rid of it?

Seems like a plan to have forevar...esp. now with the new prices + plans...
onlineharvest wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 1:17 pm
I had it when it first came out. :(
I now have the SK $55 and share your sentiment.
Its like I gave up at the home stretch. OK, I lost the gold medal, but at least I walk away with a silver. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8168 posts
1802 upvotes
Ontario
ji2o0k wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 2:07 pm
Curious - why did you get rid of it?

Seems like a plan to have forevar...esp. now with the new prices + plans...
I was one of those guys who was questioning the ethics of it all.
Meh, given the chance I would have stayed. It was sooooo easy to get in the beginning, I recall.
I then jumped on the SK 55 because there is no such 'dancing', use current address, etc, just want a # and pick the plan.
In hindsight, I really don't care about it either way and would have stuck it out with the Tbay one.
But alas, it is what it is and the SK 55 is nothing to shake at (I'm $4.50 more BYOD).

*glances at still nice silver medal* ;)
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20430 posts
1919 upvotes
Toronto
Ahhh I see...

Yes, silver is still really good...

Actually with the BYOD on Koodo - it is like half gold/half silver!!
onlineharvest wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 2:13 pm
I was one of those guys who was questioning the ethics of it all.
Meh, given the chance I would have stayed. It was sooooo easy to get in the beginning, I recall.
I then jumped on the SK 55 because there is no such 'dancing', use current address, etc, just want a # and pick the plan.
In hindsight, I really don't care about it either way and would have stuck it out with the Tbay one.
But alas, it is what it is and the SK 55 is nothing to shake at (I'm $4.50 more BYOD).

*glances at still nice silver medal* ;)
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14327 posts
4186 upvotes
Here 'n There
andriykoua wrote:
Mar 21st, 2014 12:34 pm
Yeah the CF is the only thing I would want included. I use it when CFing my number to freephoneline.ca and pay the 25 cents/min CF fee for that the 3-4x when I am outside the country each year so that I can get my voicemails emailed to me. But, most of my friends know when I am away and don't leave voicemails and I find more and more people are texting or emailing anyway. There is a $3/mos unlimited CF option on Virgin I found out a while back if you use it a lot. Not sure if you get the 10% off that though. I usually pay $2-$3 every trip for the CF as most messages are less than 1 minute.

As for the 6GB, that's enough for me. I guess you must stream a lot of video. I was surprised the LTE speeds are way higher than my 25/2 Teksavvy cable service.

The only other feature I can imagine would be great would US LD. I just use magicjack for free for that. Not a biggie for me.

Now, if the plan was expanded to include the US with the same price and features THAT would be great! Just dreamin' here.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14327 posts
4186 upvotes
Here 'n There
Given wireless plans keep going up (another $5 increase this month from the big 3), I've never heard of a month-to-month plan going up in price but I wonder what would keep Virgin or Bell from increasing the $45 TBay plan. They likely wouldn't eliminate the 10% BYOP but I could see them increasing the base fee of $50. There is no contract to stop them and it's not like we mtm subscribers have any bargaining power right?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3280 posts
424 upvotes
Kingston
eonibm wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2014 2:05 pm
Given wireless plans keep going up (another $5 increase this month from the big 3), I've never heard of a month-to-month plan going up in price but I wonder what would keep Virgin or Bell from increasing the $45 TBay plan. They likely wouldn't eliminate the 10% BYOP but I could see them increasing the base fee of $50. There is no contract to stop them and it's not like we mtm subscribers have any bargaining power right?
Don't give them any ideas LOL
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5020 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto
eonibm wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2014 2:05 pm
kcorscadden wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2014 3:49 pm
Don't give them any ideas LOL
+1 ;)

I only dread the day when 6GB is not enough. Thankfully only a $10/GB overage is built-in to our plans.