62 upvotes
Vaughan, ON

Meridian $300 chequing account offer

Deal Link:
Expiry:
June 30, 2019
Retailer:
Meridian
For those who didn't jump on recent 100$ offer with Meridian, there is a new one:

In order to be eligible for the $300 Cash Bonus, New Members must;
1) Apply for and be accepted into membership with Meridian, and purchase one (1) Membership Share in
Meridian, at the price of $1.00 CDN;
2) Open a new Meridian chequing account (all chequing accounts qualify for this offer(there are bunch of no fee accounts) online or in-branch at any
time between 12:01 a.m. on June 3, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2019;
3) Be a legal resident of Canada and have reached the age of majority in the province of territory in which he or
she resides at the start time of the Offer Period; and
4) Switch one (1) Qualifying Direct Deposit for at least 6 consecutive months, and/or set up one (1) eligible
recurring pre-authorized payments for at least 6 consecutive months, and comply with the conditions set out
below.
This Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 3019 (the “Offer Expiry Time”) and the first Qualifying Direct
Deposit must be received before 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2019. The first withdrawal taken from the chequing
account for a pre-authorized payment must be successfully cleared through the account on or before 11:59
P.M. on August 31, 2019.

Limitations:

A “New Member” is an individual who was not a member of Meridian at any time during the 365 days immediately
preceding the day he or she first expressed to Meridian interest in accepting this Offer.

T&C can be found here.
Gradatim Ferociter
Thread Summary
Meridian $100/HISA WB with or without referral thread here.

On the website, login and select Chequing & Savings in the Account Summary section. Click on "Select an Action" on the Chequing account. Click "Direct Deposit Form" . Then instead of PAPERLESS select DEPOSIT FORM. Create a pdf. You will have all the necessary info on the pdf file.
Kayceern wrote: ↑

Use PayTm link to your account and pay the recurring bill at fixed amount and date of your choice.

Titaniums detailed steps:
meridian-300-chequing-account-offer-228 ... #p31055218

-When initially funding the account - Do not setup a bill payment until your funds have cleared or you will be charged overdraft fee of $40 as your account will go into negative balance.
If using the Meridian app once your funds clear the "AVAILABLE" portion should match the BALANCE i.e. funds are now usable.
If there is a mismatch between AVAILABLE and BALANCE i.e. available showing 0.0 - then the funds are being held.

Popular and quickest methods to fund the account are through PayTM (3rd party payment processor) or through e-transfer. Both incur 1.25$ fee
Check deposit via the app is another method but is very slow (think 20 day hold period for funds to clear) but free.
498 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
1224 posts
536 upvotes
Hamilton
meetthemonster wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 2:46 am
For those who didn't jump on recent 100$ offer with Meridian, there is a new one:

In order to be eligible for the $300 Cash Bonus, New Members must;
1) Apply for and be accepted into membership with Meridian, and purchase one (1) Membership Share in
Meridian, at the price of $1.00 CDN;
2) Open a new Meridian chequing account (all chequing accounts qualify for this offer(there are bunch of no fee accounts) online or in-branch at any
time between 12:01 a.m. on June 3, 2019 and 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 2019;
3) Be a legal resident of Canada and have reached the age of majority in the province of territory in which he or
she resides at the start time of the Offer Period; and
4) Switch one (1) Qualifying Direct Deposit for at least 6 consecutive months, and/or set up one (1) eligible
recurring pre-authorized payments for at least 6 consecutive months, and comply with the conditions set out
below.
This Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. on June 30, 3019 (the “Offer Expiry Time”) and the first Qualifying Direct
Deposit must be received before 11:59 p.m. on August 31, 2019. The first withdrawal taken from the chequing
account for a pre-authorized payment must be successfully cleared through the account on or before 11:59
P.M. on August 31, 2019.

Limitations:

A “New Member” is an individual who was not a member of Meridian at any time during the 365 days immediately
preceding the day he or she first expressed to Meridian interest in accepting this Offer.

T&C can be found here.
Wondering if business accounts will qualify.
Jan 8, 2009
520 posts
435 upvotes
HERE'S HOW THE $300 OFFER WORKS

Become a new Member
Open a chequing account by June 30, 2019
Set up 1 direct deposit or 1 pre-authorized payment2
Get a cash bonus of $300 after 6 months
Last edited by PTMBAA on Jun 4th, 2019 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2008
206 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I just saw that as well, I just opened a MCU for the 100$ bonus 2 weeks ago. I wonder if they will allow me to qualify for this as well lol
Jul 8, 2010
70 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
is there any referral bonus for the new account ? like $100 from last year?
Feb 13, 2016
288 posts
288 upvotes
This pretty awesome considering there's not monthly fee!
Apr 4, 2017
807 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Just signed up with Scotia Bank that offers the same rate.

How can I sign up for both banks?
Dec 1, 2018
92 posts
44 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 8:30 am
Just signed up with Scotia Bank that offers the same rate.

How can I sign up for both banks?
By... Signing to both banks? Lol
Seriously, you can activate both offers with the direct deposit. I think they offer enough time to.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5834 posts
5511 upvotes
Toronto
Full terms and conditions here;

https://www.meridiancu.ca/Meridian/medi ... itions.pdf

Some take aways;

Signing up in June and you get the cash December 15

It seems they have a list of qualifying deposits but not for payments;

Switch one (1) Qualifying Direct Deposit for at least 6 consecutive months, and/or set up one (1) eligible
below.

2) Qualifying Direct Deposits qualifying for this Offer are limited to those identified by the following Payments
Canada (formerly known as the Canadian Payments Association (CPA)) Codes;
Nov 2, 2015
561 posts
199 upvotes
Markham
Better than scotia bank because there is no need to maintain $4000 balance
but need to wait 6 months for the $300
May 25, 2019
47 posts
25 upvotes
Anyone know if it's a hard pull?

Dont know if I can take another hit
Deal Fanatic
Feb 22, 2011
5834 posts
5511 upvotes
Toronto
So when you say there are a lot of free options they are all quite limited;

Pay as you go - Free transactions only if you have a $1000 balance
Limitless - Must be 18-29
Senior - Must be a senior
USD - Must be USD
Apr 2, 2018
127 posts
58 upvotes
I have HISA $1000 not getting $100 bonus yet, am i eligible for this offer? Moreover, I don’t have any direct deposit just pre-authorized payments does that work for $300 bonus? Thanks
Nov 12, 2017
338 posts
240 upvotes
"A “New Member” is an individual who was not a member of Meridian at any time during the 365 days immediately preceding the day he or she first expressed to Meridian interest in accepting this Offer."