Credit Cards

[Meridian Visa] 4% cash back on G&G, 2% on Rx&PAP VISA card (First $25,000 in purchase)*No limited time

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2023 10:50 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 15, 2018
402 posts
300 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: It's amazing how angry some people are getting because....

they can't sign up for a credit card RIGHT NOW? Really?
If you read just a few comments in this thread you will read the following:
1-People was not able to use their "new" credit card upon cancelation of the "old one"
2- They can not see their points in the new website
3- PR advertise and in private communication that anyone will be able to apply at the beginning of November however they haven't rectify that, just go with the flow.
4- Many can not use their credit cards overseas and are advise to use other forms of payments without telling as to when they will be able to use their credit card again, going for weeks now.
5- Many "agree" that their new platform has "flaws" but they after a month "still working on it" etc etc.

And in your understanding is just about "new applications"
Slow day for you I guess.
This is a Forum, I have the liberty to say: They can shove it, and you have the liberty to say they are wonderful.
Either way post when everything goes smooth in la la land again (read Meridian)
Cheers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
8855 posts
5122 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Edmontonian22 wrote:
They don't have an strategy, that's the whole point.
Failing week after week over and over again and saying "we are working on it" is not a strategy.
A convenience store has better planning than this credit union.
redflag wrote: I would be surprised if they don't have a strategy for such a big project. My guess is that they had not tested it enough, and the strategy was pooly executed. Hence my earlier joke of their COO should get fired.Face With Tears Of Joy
They definitely don't have their act or strategy together. And nothing new for them.

Last year two family members applied. Both have high scores and have been approved since for hard to get Tangerine for one and high fee Amex for other.

There was a credit check but never a decision whether approved for card. Asking for updates from them resulted in crickets.
2022: BOC raised 7 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017 to 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15779 posts
21494 upvotes
Vancouver
I called the number on the back of my card to ask about automatic payment of the full balance. Got someone on the phone in 2 minutes.

Me: "Is it possible to set up automatic payment of my full balance from a chequing account?"
Him: "I can't do that here, but my information says you can set that up at meridiancu.ca".
Me: "Where on the website? I don't see any place to do that."
Him: "Let me see....You are right. There isn't a place to do that. Not on meridiancu.ca nor on EzCard. I wonder why they would tell us that then."
Me: "Aren't you with Meridian?"
Him: "No."
Me: "Oh, are you with EzCard?"
Me: "Oh. I guess you are a contracted customer service company?"
Him: "Yes. Apparently there is a way to set this up, and it says that to visit meridiancu.ca, but you are correct that doesn't seem to actually be possible."
Me: "Well do you have a phone number that actually goes to Meridian that I could call and ask?"
Him: "Sure, 1-855-219-0567".
Me: "Thanks."
Him: "Would you like me to transfer you there?"
Me: "Yes please."
I've now been on hold for 30 minutes and don't have any more time to waste on this. I'm hanging up. Pathetic.
Feb 15, 2018
402 posts
300 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I called the number on the back of my card to ask about automatic payment of the full balance. Got someone on the phone in 2 minutes.

Me: "Is it possible to set up automatic payment of my full balance from a chequing account?"
Him: "I can't do that here, but my information says you can set that up at meridiancu.ca".
Me: "Where on the website? I don't see any place to do that."
Him: "Let me see....You are right. There isn't a place to do that. Not on meridiancu.ca nor on EzCard. I wonder why they would tell us that then."
Me: "Aren't you with Meridian?"
Me: "Oh, are you with EzCard?"
Me: "Oh. I guess you are a contracted customer service company?"
Him: "Yes. Apparently there is a way to set this up, and it says that to visit meridiancu.ca, but you are correct that doesn't seem to actually be possible."
Me: "Well do you have a phone number that actually goes to Meridian that I could call and ask?"
Him: "Sure, 1-855-219-0567".
Me: "Thanks."
Him: "Would you like me to transfer you there?"
Me: "Yes please."
I've now been on hold for 30 minutes and don't have any more time to waste on this. I'm hanging up. Pathetic.
LOL
Why you wrote this? Some of the Meridian bleeding hearts are gonna hate you.:
deltatux wrote: You seem to be on a hell bent mission to slam this credit union. Honestly,
They suck big time no excuses, and some of us in this thread are showing everybody how bad their services are Period.
Thanks for sharing bud,
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16786 posts
7463 upvotes
Toronto
Is PIN change working yet? I've had my replacement card over a month, I'd like to change the PIN...
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16786 posts
7463 upvotes
Toronto
Edmontonian22 wrote: If you read just a few comments in this thread you will read the following:
1-People was not able to use their "new" credit card upon cancelation of the "old one"
2- They can not see their points in the new website
3- PR advertise and in private communication that anyone will be able to apply at the beginning of November however they haven't rectify that, just go with the flow.
4- Many can not use their credit cards overseas and are advise to use other forms of payments without telling as to when they will be able to use their credit card again, going for weeks now.
5- Many "agree" that their new platform has "flaws" but they after a month "still working on it" etc etc.

And in your understanding is just about "new applications"
Slow day for you I guess.
Except.... I never said that people were only complaining about new applications. I just found it ridiculous that new *potential* customers were getting so angry because they couldn't sign up as a new customer.

There are a ton of legitimate issues for EXISTING clients (I am one of them) and as others have said, Meridian needs to fix those before they take on new clients that they can't handle right now. For example AFAIK PIN change is STILL not working over 30 days later after I received my new card.
Dec 3, 2006
246 posts
22 upvotes
At the risk of being berated with "Haven't you read the whole thread" comments...I have a few issues and just wondering if it's just me or for everyone:

- still can't change my PIN
- can't get my card to work when ordering form Amazon
- no rewards points on my account

Should I be calling in to get these fixed or are they still trying to fix these?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
15779 posts
21494 upvotes
Vancouver
Acadian wrote: At the risk of being berated with "Haven't you read the whole thread" comments...I have a few issues and just wondering if it's just me or for everyone:

- still can't change my PIN
- can't get my card to work when ordering form Amazon
- no rewards points on my account

Should I be calling in to get these fixed or are they still trying to fix these?

Thanks!
The rewards points are there, they are just really hard to find. Even Meridian's customer service people don't seem to know how to do it. Kudos to @fr1end who discovered how and posted here about it (post #907).

Sign in, then go to EZcard.
In the top right of the EZcard screen, under log out, you should see your name, followed by a little double arrow icon ⇄.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 6.09.47 AM.png

Click the double arrow, you should be able to select your "previous card" with a seemingly random 4-digit number. Select that, then click the Account Details tab. There are your reward points, including those transferred over from Collabria. Mine is definitely calculated correctly, I had about 5,000 points moved from Collabria and have earned about 3300 since.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 6.10.21 AM.png
Last edited by Kiraly on Dec 1st, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
9382 posts
10637 upvotes
The Prairies
Kiraly wrote: The rewards points are there, they are just really hard to find. Even Meridian's customer service people don't seem to know how to do it. Kudos to @fr1end who discovered how and posted here about it (post #907).

Sign in, then go to EZcard.
In the top right of the EZcard screen, under log out, you should see your name, followed by a little double arrow icon ⇄.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 6.09.47 AM.png

Click the double arrow, you should be able to select your "previous card" with a seemingly random 4-digit number. Select that, then click the Account Details tab. There are your reward points, including those transferred over from Capital One. Mine is definitely calculated correctly, I had about 5,000 points moved from Capital One and have earned about 3300 since.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 6.10.21 AM.png
Im sure you meant Collabria…….
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1580 posts
362 upvotes
Avenger wrote: Pin change is still not working, and the language default is still stuck at french. What a joke!
I say they keep paying us $50 for every month these basic issues not being fixed Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Wait until you have kids😂
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8547 posts
2927 upvotes
Mississauga
redflag wrote: I say they keep paying us $50 for every month these basic issues not being fixed Smiling Face With Sunglasses
I already got them to refund my annual fees, so maybe this will continue indefinitely or at least long enough for the next billing.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16786 posts
7463 upvotes
Toronto
redflag wrote: I say they keep paying us $50 for every month these basic issues not being fixed Smiling Face With Sunglasses
That's really bad, 2 months later I still can't change my PIN, lol. Worst credit card roll out ever?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1580 posts
362 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: That's really bad, 2 months later I still can't change my PIN, lol. Worst credit card roll out ever?
I can live with it if I can get 600bucks every year.
Wait until you have kids😂
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16786 posts
7463 upvotes
Toronto
redflag wrote: I can live with it if I can get 600bucks every year.
Me too, but I don't think we're getting that lucky.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
7671 posts
4467 upvotes
I Guess they are not accepting new Card application yet after the recent change since nobody said anything on here.