• Sep 5th, 2021 11:46 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 14, 2009
158 posts
53 upvotes
Brampton

Mesh wifi

Anyone have experience with Mesh wifi sold at Amazon. Something easy to setup and requires no upkeep as these will be shipped to and installed by someone who is not technical.

Thank you
4 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15958 posts
2575 upvotes
If they're invested in the Amazon ecosystem, get them that. If they're into Google, get theirs.
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
10434 posts
4541 upvotes
I went with the Deco M5 when I moved into a new house to replace my aging Onhub which would never cover the sq ft.

Happy so far. Fast and seamless.
Mar 4, 2006
470 posts
142 upvotes
I just added a mesh wifi extender this weekend. I got the Netgear EX7300. If you know the SSID and password of the person you are helping, you can pre-configure it via its web interface and than sent it to him or her. I picked up my unit on my way to work on Friday. Configured at work, when I got home I just plugged it into the wall power outlet and it was up and running. I did have to move to 3-4 different locations to get the best coverage. This unit also support WPS so basically, to set it up, power on unit, wait till it finishes booting, press WSP on the unit and than the WPS button on your existing router to pair it, that is it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2354 posts
527 upvotes
They bought eero...great system pretty easy setup with support if needed